Friday, January 10, 2014

ZOE SALDANA TO LEAD 'ROSEMARY'S BABY' TV SERIES! 'BAD WORDS' COMEDY TRAILER WITH JASON BATEMAN! 20TH CENTURY FOX TO ADAPT 'INFLUX' SF NOVEL

ZOE SALDANA WILL LEAD
ROSEMARY'S BABY TV SHOW AT NBC
Deadline reports that STAR TREK star Zoe Saldana will lead NBC's mini series based on ROSEMARY'S BABY movie which was an adaptation of the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin. The mini series will focus on Rosemary (Zoe Saldana), a young wife and would-be mother who, with her husband, moves into a Paris apartment that has a dark past. After finally getting pregnant, she becomes increasingly suspicious that both her husband and their mysterious neighbours have ulterior motives about the future of her child.


'INFLUX' SF ADAPTATION
IN THE WORLD SUPRESSING EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
And a new movie adaptation has been announced: 20th Century Fox has  bought the rights on INFLUX, a sf novel which hasn't been released yet written by Daniel Suarez. The futuristic story of the book is set in a world where a secret organization suppresses emerging technologies to prevent widespread change in a futuristic society, and shows what happens to an inventor who is shut down by this covert group. Are smart phones really humanity's most significant innovation since the moon landings? Or can something else explain why the bold visions of the 20th century, fusion power, genetic enhancements, artificial intelligence, cures for common disease, extended human life, and a host of other world-changing advances, have remained beyond our grasp?

'BAD WORDS' TRAILER
 JASON BATEMAN COMEDY
Your trailer for this Friday is for Jason Bateman's comedy BAD WORDS which arrives to cinemas this March. Bateman stars as Guy Trilby, a 40-year-old who finds a loophole in the rules of The Golden Quill national spelling bee and decides to cause trouble by hijacking the competition. Contest officials, outraged parents, and overly ambitious 8th graders are no match for Guy, as he ruthlessly crushes their dreams of victory and fame. As a reporter (Kathryn Hahn) attempts to discover his true motivation, Guy finds himself forging an unlikely alliance with a competitor: awkward 10-year-old Chaitanya (Rohan Chand), who is completely unfazed by Guy's take-no-prisoners approach to life.

43 comments:

  1. Very cool - I've been sitting on a copy of Influx for a little while now, with an eye towards a February review. I've heard great things so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love it when you get books before they're out :) It's out this February in bookshops

      Delete
  2. Hey, Dezz! How are you? I know it's been a while. I've been a very bad friend. :(

    I love Zoe and Rosemary's Baby is a very creepy tale. The premise of Influx is very scary indeed. The auto industry here did that very thing to a man named Tucker. His car was years ahead in tech (automatic steering, anti-lock breaks and other things) back in the late 30's, but they crushed him because it would have cost them too much money to bring their cars up to that standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a bit too creepy for me, I probably won't watch it when it comes out.
      When it comes to INFLUX I believe it describes our reality. I'm one of them people who believe that we already have a cure for cancer and many other diseases, many healthy energy sources etc but we don't see them because many rich people and their industries would disappear if new inventions come to light

      Delete
  3. Stop the presses... Zoe Saldana, okay start again... the story told by the now hollywood group, this will fail slowly. not because of her, just what they think we will want from the series... that is where it will fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will fail miserably I'm sure. You do know I've posted the story so that I could post that pic for my boys? :)

      Delete
  4. Bad Words is definitely a movie I'm going to watch. I've never seen the original Rosemary's Baby. Maybe it's time for me to look it up. Though I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason Bateman's i love it !
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe is too pretty. I can't look.

    And Bad Words. OK, first of all, hilarious. I love seeing Jason Bateman being a jerk! And Kathryn Hahn could be in just about everything and it would make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, is there enough material for a series on Rosemary's baby. A mini series, maybe.

    Love the sound of Influx. How cool is that? Bought before it was even published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often like to write about books which were sold for movie adaptation before they hit the bookshelves :)

      Delete
  8. A series based on "Rosemary's Baby"? Wow, that should be something. A friend loaned me that book when it first came out, with the admonition that I read it cold, without knowing anything about it. WOW! Talk about some major shocks! I'm not sure how well it would work as a series.

    That trailer is a hoot. I think I'd get a kick out of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked the hootie trailer, Susan :)

      Delete
  9. Influx sounds interesting. Controlling government themes are always a little scary, because they could become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure I would be interested in the series. Maybe, not so much. And the movie, maybe on NetFlix, but even then I'm not sure. I think rather, I'll re-watch THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF. That's more my speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do they have American Bake off too? Not yet?

      Delete
    2. They did, it wasn't nearly as good, by far. BUT, I watched it because Hollywood was in it. I'm learning a ton from his books and videos so pretty much anything he is in, I'll watch or read.

      Delete
    3. we had a cake competition in Serbia too on TV a few years ago but it was also bad. We sadly, don't have good cooking nor baking shows here which is strange since we are a country most famous for food.

      Delete
    4. That is strange. I have to say, even some of the bad bake shows I'll give a try.

      Time for some toast and tea. Then onto a few chores and probably get some pizza/calzone dough made. Then tossed in the fridge for later use.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
  11. I couldn't bear the movie Rosmary's Baby and given the subject matter the idea of a series is slightly sickening.

    I do like Justin Bateman as a comedic actor so Bad Words could be funny and worth the watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ain't watching the series either.
      We do love Bateman.
      How are you, dear? I went to sleep crying after our last talk, I'm worried about you :(

      Delete
  12. Waiting for some more information on the Influx movie! I'm interested!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be a good one, Peter, if it happens in the end

      Delete
  13. I hate to admit it, but I laughed at that clip with Jason Bateman. So MEAN to the kids. Better be for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zoe needs to eat more... ;)

    Influx sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked Saldana in Star Trek and Avatar

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vaguely remember Rosemary's baby movie. I don't think I liked it much, so I'll be skipping the series.

    I think I could get behind Bad Words though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, how hot is Zoe!!! Not so fussed about the Bateman movie, tbh. Hated his Identity Thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, well, well, who is this dashing bald hunk? Must be one of the Scottish gents :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.