Thursday, January 2, 2014

TRAILER FOR PERIOD DRAMA 'A PROMISE' WITH RICHARD MADDEN AND ALAN RICKMAN! FIRST 'THE MAZE RUNNER' FANTASY MOVIE PICTURES WITH THOMAS BRODIE SANGSTER, WILL POULTER, PATRICIA CLARKSON, CHRIS SHEFFIELD

  THE MAZE RUNNER
FIRST IMAGES ARE HERE!
First pictures have been released for the fantasy adaptation of THE MAZE RUNNER popular novel which will hit the big screens this September. Starring Will Poulter, Patricia Clarkson, Kaya  Scodelario, Chris Sheffield and Thomas Brodie Sangster, the movie follows a boy named Thomas who wakes up in a strange place called the Glade with no memory aside from his first name. The Glade is an enclosed structure populated by other boys, and is surrounded by tall stone walls that protect them from monsters called Grievers that live in the Maze, which surrounds the walls around the Glade. Every day, some of the kids who are Runners venture into the labyrinth trying to map the ever-changing pattern of walls in an attempt to find an exit. As soon as Thomas arrives, unusual things begin to happen and the others grow suspicious of him. The Maze seems familiar to Thomas, but he's unable to make sense of the place despite his extraordinary abilities as a Runner. When the first girl arrives in the Glade, she brings  a message that she will be the last one to ever arrive in the Glade, as the end is near!

  'A PROMISE' DRAMA TRAILER
RICHARD MADDEN & ALAN RICKMAN IN PRE WWI DRAMA
Your first fresh trailer in the new 2014 is for Patrice Leconte's new period drama A PROMISE starring charismatic Richard Madden  with whom we all fell in love when he played king of the North in GAME OF THRONES, and whom you will also watch as Prince Charming in  Kenneth Branagh's CINDERELLA next to Cate Blanchett. Also starring Alan Rickman, A PROMISE is a romantic drama set in Germany just before WWI and centred on a married woman who falls in love with her husband's protégé. Separated first by duties and then by the war, they pledge their devotion to one another.

39 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the Maze Runner novel - I hope the movie is as good! Wishing you all the best for 2014 Dezzy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jemi, hope you will like the movie, we should probably get a trailer soon

      Delete
  2. jumping right in on some great looking films, happy oh' so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read The Maze Runner!!! How haven't I yet?
    Happy new year, Dezz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A Promise" looks interesting. I like Alan Rickman so might see it just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE MAZE RUNNER sounds nice.
    Sorry I've been away for a while.
    Been on Holiday. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you! Hope you had a nice relaxing holiday time, Dave. Did you manage to make that cake? :)

      Delete
    2. no my wife made me make a pie. :-(
      But I will prevail...one day!

      Delete
    3. Pffttt... you have to put your foot down once in a while, Dave :PPP

      Delete
  6. Thomas looks like a young Kevin Bacon.

    I'd like to read The Maze Runner before seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to read The Maze Runner before I see the film. Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they don't exploit children in overly violent situations and scenes in it

      Delete
    2. I just ordered the books from my library, so we'll see what the books are about first. I'm sure there will be some violence in them though.

      Delete
    3. Just got done reading some of the reviews on Amazon. I see Hunger Games thrown around a lot. I know how much you don't like those books/movies, so I think you will like these films either. Looks like it's about kids in the 12-18 year old range.

      Delete
    4. yep, I still refuse to either write or promote anything connected to HUNGER GAMES. Such things scare me deeply as a teacher and a psychologist. Especially since those violent YA books are usually written by mothers....

      Delete
  8. I like the female lead. Saw her in British film awhile back and liked her acting. Then saw her in an American film. Sadly, I cannot recall the names of those movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably mean Rebecca Hall :) I generally don't like her :) You probably saw her in that British horror film.. I also forgot the title :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think you're right. It was mystery ghost kind of story, I think.

      What is it that you dislike about her? I feel that way about some actors as well.

      Delete
    3. yes, a period set horror in some Victorian house methinks.
      I can't put my finger on it, something about her looks just doesn't sit well with me :)

      Delete
    4. Yes, yes, that's it. Yet the name escapes me.

      That's understandable, I feel that way sometimes as well, where I can't put my finger on it.

      Cold but sunny here today. Getting my chores done. Moving around nicely today, mixed with sitting breaks to be safe.

      Delete
    5. glad to hear the pain is easing in your back

      Delete
  9. A promise very interesting this movie !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a promise Dezzy!!
    Happy New Year dear!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. especially if it's a promise of something good :PP

      Delete
  11. Those actors all look so young. Does this mean I'm getting old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it's just that it is a YA film with youngsters :)

      Delete
  12. The Promise is so romantic ~ Have a good weekend Dezzy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Grace, a lovely weekend to you as well. Most people in my country will be celebrating Xmas Eve and Orthodox Xmas this weekend and Monday.

      Delete
  13. Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year, dez!
    Long time no see!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! A happiest New Year to you as well :)

      Delete
  14. Ah, I'm thinking I'm a cougar in this YA realm. Not a comfortable place; but I see me taking my kids to enjoy these previews. God, I'm so old . . . .

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis true, some of them youngsters above are real treats :)

      Delete
  15. A promise is the kind of movie my wife likes. Must show her.

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.