Friday, March 14, 2014

RUSSELL TOVEY, DAVID WENHAM FOR 'BANISHED' 18TH CENTURY SERIES! ED SPELEERS FOR 'STAR WARS VII'? HELENA BONHAM CARTER IN 'ALICE IN WONDERLAND' SEQUEL! ROONEY MARA JOINS HUGH JACKMAN IN 'PAN'! '300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE' TO GET A SEQUEL?

BANISHED 1700'S SERIES
RUSSELL TOVEY AND DAVID WENHAM FOR LEAD ROLES
In the news from our favourite historical genre, upcoming epic television series on Australian early convicts BANISHED has found a stellar cast: BBC 2 show has cast 'Being Human's' Russell Tovey, 'Lord of the Ring's' David Wenham,  'Ripper Street's' MyAnna Buring and 'The Hour's' Julian Rhind-Tutt! The series, which will start filming in Sydney, Australia next month, will be deeply character driven with the story following the lives, loves, relationships and battle for survival of a group of convicts, the soldiers who guard them and the men who govern them in the early days of the penal colony established by Britain in the 18th century! You are currently watching the openly gay actor Russell Tovey in HBO's gay series LOOKING.

HOLLYWOOD NEWSFLASH
 'RISE OF AN EMPIRE' SEQUEL?
In  movie headlines newsflash today, due to the huge success of 300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE (it has earned more than $130 million worldwide last weekend) there's an open chance for another sequel and Sullivan Stapleton is ready to play General Themistokles again!
 SMURFS & TRANSYL- VANIA SEQUELS
Sony has a plan of rebooting THE SMURFS franchise with the idea of the new movie being totally CGI animated! They are also working on TRANSYLVANIA animated sequel!
 ED SPELEERS FOR STAR WARS VII?
There are also rumours that DOWNTON ABBEY and ERAGON star Ed Speleers is the frontrunner for the role of lead Jedi apprentice in STAR WARS VII! Other actors in the run are John Boyega (Attack the Block), Matthew James Thomas (About a Boy), and 'Breaking Bad' actor Jesse Plemons. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and their original characters will head the story in the first movie with their children taking over in the other two movies in the sf saga.
HELENA BONHAM CARTER IS RED QUEEN AGAIN
Meanwhile, it has been announced that Helena Bonham Carter will return to ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS sequel as the Red Queen. Johnny Deep and Mia Wasikowska are already locked to reprise their roles of Mad Hatter and Alice in the movie scheduled for May 2016 release!
ROONEY MARA IS PAN'S TIGER LILY
And over at Warner Bros. Rooney Mara has been cast as Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's directed PAN movie which already has Garrett Hedlund as Pan and Hugh Jackman as Captain Blackbeard. The film brings a twist on the classic story, taking place in WWII as an orphan named Peter is kidnapped by Pirates and whisked away to Neverland, where he'll never grow old and he'll never die. But first, he must save this magical land from the pirate Blackbeard and his apprentice Captain Hook! Mara got the role over Lupita Nyong'o!

22 comments:

  1. Awesome news on Alice in Wonderland. I know it's a movie that a lot of people like to hate, but I thought it was fantastic. It looked amazing, had a nice twist on the tale, and I thought it was cast perfectly for a Tim Burton flick.

    Pan sounds interesting - that's a nice cast they've gathered there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it myself... I tend to avoid all movies with Depp... he is so repetitive....

      Delete
  2. Excited and leery about new Star Wars movies! It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Banished has an interesting cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling STAR WARS will have a rather strange cast at least judging from most of the names that have been mentioned as contenders so far.
      BANISHED really has a good one! Adore Russell and Wenham!

      Delete
  3. Another Alice in Wonderland? I can't wait to see how bizarre this one is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably too bizarre since it will have Sacha Baron Cohen in the cast too :(

      Delete
  4. As a HUGE Alice in Wonderland fan, I was really disappointed with the first film. Sadly, I will torture myself again and sit through the almost guaranteed crap sequel in hopes that it might be better than the first. I highly doubt it though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it most probably won't, but the kids will love it :)

      Delete
  5. Russell Tovey is a fav, as is Ms. Bonham Carter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looked at your bake. Very nice, Dezzy. I hit liked (I was on Tim's FB page). But I didn't know how to comment on FB, as I don't use it other than coupons.

    But wonderful job. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can usually comment there only if you're friends with someone there :)
      Glad you liked it. Sadly, the taste wasn't as great as the looks because I didn't have homemade jam and it requires exactly that because the industrial ones just don't give the same flavour

      Delete
    2. Ohhh, see, I don't know much about Facebook. I know that I wrote thank you comments to companies for their coupons. That's what I use my husband's account for.

      Delete
    3. but that is different because companies have pages, not profiles, and pages are usually open. My profile is mostly open which is why you were able to LIKE the recipe, but I don't know if you could comment, probably not

      Delete
    4. I liked the pages, then was able to print the coupon and comment. That's the deal, like them, get a coupon. Don't like their page, no coupon.

      Other than that, I don't use Facebook. Or Twitter for that matter. Really, only Blogger though I am thinking about Google+, but we'll see.

      Do you enjoy Facebook?

      Delete
    5. I do deeply. Not only that Facebook helps you stay in touch with lots of nice and beloved people and see what's going on with them on a daily basis, but it also helps people from all over the world to become or stay friends. It's kind of like your living room with open doors where people can drop by for chit chat

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen the first alice yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't like that Alice movie, Dezz. I liked Alice and she can look through my glass any time of the day, but there was something about off about the tone of that movie, especially toward the ending. I love Edward Scissorhands, another Burton Movie, but this one.... I don't know... it felt a bit artificial. and I'm not talking about the FX. Hope this one is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling it would be a bad one so I've never seen it, Blue :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.