Thursday, November 15, 2012

"THE LEGEND OF SARILA" INUIT ANIMATED FILM! FUNNY TRAILER FOR JON HAMM'S & DANIEL RADCLIFFE'S "YOUNG DOCTOR'S NOTEBOOK" MINISERIES! KIT HARINGTON GOES EPIC IN "POMPEII"

Well, we did wait for this one for such a long time. First, years ago Riddley Scott was supposed to direct a film on famous POMPEII eruption, then later
 on the whole project was to be made into a television mini series, but it seems that in the meantime another director Paul W. S. Anderson was faster and he will helm an epic action movie on the famous Italian volcano. The update is that GAME OF THRONES Jon Snow Kit Harington will lead the cast. In the story set in 79 A.D. Kit will play Milo, a slave whose plans to marry the daughter of his shipping tycoon master are dashed when he is sold to another owner in Naples. When Mount Vesuvius erupts, he flees back to POMPEII to rescue his lover and his best friend, a gladiator trapped in the coliseum. The bad news is that DOWNTON ABBEY's Julian Fellows is supervising the script.
THE LEGEND OF SARILA
Here's something very charming, my little freaks. We've really seen all kinds of characters in animated films, from Disney's projects in which they carefully maintain a diversity of nationalities and cultures from Native American Pocahontas, to Russian Anastasia, to Chinese Mulan and Scottish Merida, to dragons, exotic talking animals and other creatures in some other animated flicks. But I don't think we've ever visited the tribes of the farthest North in an animated flick. Today you can see the first pictures from THE LEGEND OF SARILA, an animated adventure which brings the story of a voyage of initiation in
which three young Inuit go in search of a promised land, hoping to save their clan from famine. It is also the story of a fight to the death between two shamans, the young Markussi and the aged Croolik, who feels that his power is threatened. The family-friendly Arctic tale, which will be
released sometime next year and has already been sold to a number of countries around the world, features the voice talents of acting legend Christopher Plummer, Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight) and Canadian pop star Elisapie Isaac.The animation is being supervised by Eric Lessard who worked on MADAGASCAR

YOUNG DOCTOR'S NOTEBOOK
Your video for today is the first trailer for upcoming British TV miniseries YOUNG DOCTOR'S NOTEBOOK which will feature MAD MEN's Jon Hamm and HARRY PLOPPER's Daniel Radcliffe sharing a bath together and will hit Sky Arts this December :) The comedy will see the two of them both playing younger and older
  versions of Dr. Vladimir Bomgard, a Russian doctor who is looking back on his life. This television series is based on the short story by Russian writer Mikhail Bulgakov, which he based on his own experiences working as a small-town doctor at the dawn of the Russian Revolution in 1917.

29 comments:

  1. Oh, Dezzy, I don't think you know what that photo of Kit Harrington does to me. Or maybe you do. :)) *swoon*

    Love the idea of him in the Pompeii show. And I don't think Julian Fellows is bad news!!

    Funny clip too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it probably makes you wonder why they cut the pic in such an inappropriate place, yes? :))

      I will give Fellows a benefit of the doubt, but he usually spices everything up with deep monotony :(

      Delete
    2. Well, you know I have a good imagination. Nothing got cut off in my mind. :PP

      Delete
  2. I'm glad they're making Pompei into a movie rather than a program for telly. Such a tragedy and to use the imagination to tell a story about people who lived and experienced it is a good thing. And of course I don't mind seeing Kit in the lead role. I'm looking forward to seeing the character pics on this one darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there already is a TV series on Pompeii, but it's not with famous names and follows some kids who are in the middle of the event. I think I've seen it often at Discovery or History Channel.

      Delete
    2. I've not seen it, but I don't have telly so there you go.

      I started watching City of Vice last night on Hulu. I'm loving it. It's about the first police officers in London. It's fabulous as it shows how horrid and bleak things really were for most people in that period. And the acting is very good.

      Delete
    3. Haven't watched that one, but I think I've heard about it... the memory is wrapped in fog in my head.

      Delete
  3. I want to run my fingers through Kit's hair and get all tangled up somewhere in there, anywhere.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine, I admit it, I gazed at Kit Harington's picture for quite awhile before I read about Pompeii. I'm still fanning myself from the vapors! Whew!

    SARILA sounds adorable and that little guy pictured is to cute for words. Can I have him? Please? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope your Pompeii didn't erupt in the process :PP

      THat little animal? I wonder which animal it is, is it some kind of Polar fox or something...

      Delete
  5. You know what I'm going to comment on... Sarila! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the film would attract the lowest amount of comments and visits, but I had to post it anyway :)

      Delete
  6. "A Young Doctor's Notebook" could have potential!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly hope the whole Pompeii project doesn't turn into the nightmare made for TV movie from the 80s. That still gives me nightmare, and I was a mere child when I watched it!

    I love the sound of The Young Doctors Notebook! That could possibly be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, those natural disasters are always extremely scary :( That IMPOSSIBLE film on tsunami with Ewan McGregor is currently in cinemas and it fills me with creeps.

      Delete
    2. Its like I want to watch, but I know its gonna freak me out! Stuff that can actually happen is scarier to me than any monster movie!

      Delete
    3. it's true, I thought, for example, that Twisters can happen only in USA, but after this summer when a twister threw a tree in front of my train, I no longer believe that Wicked Witches of West work only in your homerealm :)

      Delete
  8. I have never seen a good volcano film. They're usually melodramatic disaster movies about people who warn about the disaster, no one listens, then the worst happens. This one sounds like it might be good. And there's Kit, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, when disasters are about to strike many people are reluctant to listen to the warnings because they cannot accept the possibility that their homes will be lost :(

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I knew you would be the one to say that, Adam

      Delete
  10. well snap my dragons... i am never going to see another film again... well except those that i want to see... and here are well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean you has dragons??? Me thought me was the last dragonlord! This calls for a duel, sir, there cannot be two of us in this realm!

      Delete
  11. I am have the last dragons in the United States... we can share hemispheres, your dragon would kill mine cause mine are the size of a gallon of milk. Though we could have a dragon party, I can load up the dragon-wagon and head out on the highway... you have snacks right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, as long as your dragon doesn't show up his tail over across the Atlantic methinks we are safe... My dragon is called Safira and she speaks like Rachel Weisz :)

      Delete
  12. Doctor's notebook looks interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.