Friday, November 9, 2012

HENRY CAVILL, TOM HARDY, ALEXANDER SKARSGARD IN NEW "TARZAN"? NEW CAST MEMBERS IN EPIC SHOWS "BLACK SAILS" & "THE LAST SHIP"! "OUTLANDER" FANTASY SAGA TURNS INTO TV SHOW! "BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BLOOD & CHROME" TV FILM

I've recently brought you the first trailer for animated motion capture TARZAN with Kellan Lutz and now we already have a new project on the jungle hero. According to "Vulture" David Yates from HARRY PLOPPER saga will direct his take on TARZAN for Warner Bros. The whole project is currently in the stage in which Yates is talking to some of the actors whom he is considering for the lead role. The list, for now, includes Superman Henry Cavill, Swedish hunk Alexander Skarsgard, and Tom Hardy for whom the studio is mostly interested but he, apparently, hasn't talked to the director yet.
HOLLYWOOD SPY TV NEWS
And I have a bunch of fresh TV news for you today starting with our favourite channel Starz the home of SPARTACUS, DA VINCI'S DEMONS and BLACK SAILS. They have bought the rights on fantasy saga OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon and they will develop it into 
a TV show with the help of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's Ron Moore. Sold in over 20 million copies around the world, the fantasy saga follows British Army nurse Claire Randall as she is transported back in time from 1945 to 18th century Scotland, embarking on an epic romance with Scots warrior Jamie. Speaking of BLACK SAILS, Starz upcoming pirate series 
created by Michael Bay, that project also has another cast member: according to "Deadline" English actress Hannah New has joined the eight episode series, set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s "Treasure Island", which chronicles the adventures of fabled buccaneer Captain Flint and his men. Gorgeous Hannah New will play Eleanor, the beautiful, courageous and determined owner of a rowdy Open Nassau saloon who wields considerable influence in her dual roles as fence/ supplier and party host. As I've already reported before, Toby Stephens takes the lead role of Flint, Tom Hopper will play Billy Bones, the first mate of The Walrus ship, while Jessica Parker Kennedy will play the role of Max, a French prostitute with a cool swagger that matches her stunning beauty.

THE LAST SHIP CAST NEWS
That is not Michael Bay's only upcoming adventure project, since HOLLYWOOD SPY also wrote about his apocalyptic survival show
THE LAST SHIP which has also added some new faces. The story about a global catastrophe that nearly obliterates the Earth's population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors, already has Eric Dane and Rhona Mitra in lead roles. Dane will be the commanding officer of the ship, while Mitra will be a paleomicrobiologist. Now, the new members of the cast are Michaela McManus (she will play a lieutenant who runs the Combat Information Center and missile
deployment), Charles Parnell (Command Master Chief), Travis Van Winkle (the leader of a small crew of SEALS), Christina Elmore (will play a lieutenant) and Sam Spruell (also playing a paleomicro- biologist). The show will air on TNT and is based on a novel by William Brinkley.
  BLOOD & CHROME TV FILM
Meanwhile, the prequel to the popular science fiction television series BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BLOOD AND CHROME, which starts airing this week in the
 form of a webseries over at YouTube, will also have its pilot episode turned into a two hour television film to be aired some time early next year at SyFy. With the top-notch storytelling, pulse-pounding action and cutting-edge visual effects, the story takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet... the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favour of the desperate fleet.

34 comments:

  1. Well, turning the Outlander into a series for TV is the only wise way to go, and Starz turns up the sexy a lot, which for this series will be necessary. I read several of the books but kinda got sick of their overactive libidos and gave up on them a few years ago, but I would watch this just to see what it looks like because it is pretty epic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I imagine the books are typical chicklit crap (haven't read them, so I apologize if it isn't true :), but I have all faith that Starz will turn it into something yummy :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, definitely chick lit, but with enough historical fiction thrown in to make it more interesting.

      I love BSG and am really looking forward to the new movie!

      Delete
    3. we do love us historical fiction!
      I think BSG B&C already started airing over at YouTube in short episodes.

      Delete
  2. I never got into Battlestar Gallactica so I probably won't see this.

    Outlander has some interest for me. I'd be willing to give it a go. And I'd give Mr. Van Winkle a go as well!

    I'm off to rake some leaves darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on BATTLESTAR, darling, you know I adore sf, but all versions of that show are dreadfully boring....

      Mr. Van Winkle is teasing us there with his treasure trail, so naughty of him :)

      Rake it while you can, sister :)

      Delete
    2. That treasure trail is indeed worth a thorough exploration. ;)

      Delete
    3. gather the instruments and gear, I'm organizing a treasure hunt :)

      Delete
    4. I'm on him, er it, Captain Dezz ;))

      Delete
    5. let us boldly go where so many man have gone before LOL

      Delete
    6. Jump into the wagon, Annzie!

      Delete
  3. Love, LOVE Gabaldon's series and am very happy they are making it into a series. Jamie is my hero.

    BSG Blood and Chrome looks epic and you know I'll be checking it out.

    And any one of those hotties would look amazing all sweaty in the jungle, swinging through the trees as Tarzan. I'll gladly play Jane. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy like a little bunny when they tell me we are getting a new epic series :)
      I;ll play a liana so that they could hold onto me and pull me and do all the things you do to a liana ... :)

      Delete
    2. Indeed... What fun we'd have. ;) Look at us, the King and Queen of Naughty. We rule a spicy kingdom for sure.

      Delete
    3. yep, the humanity is safe as long as they keep the two us on a leash :)

      Delete
    4. And I, a loyal subject of Naughty Land.

      Delete
  4. I read quite a few of the Tarzan books when I was a kid -- always one of my favourite heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Dezzy, you've made me very happy today. I've read all the Gabaldon books in the series. Love it. It was very inspirational for the stuff I'm writing now. Crazy series, but so entertaining. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may your saga be turned into a Starz series one day too... with me as the helmer naturally :)

      Delete
  6. I do like romance, but I've never read the Galbadon series. I'll have to check it out one day before this comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read it either :) maybe we should read the comic book made out of the novels :)

      Delete
  7. I've never seen Tarzan. I know I missed out on it. This gives me a chance to finally see it in some form since I don't come across the older versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up watching an animated series on Tarzan and even had an album with stickers :)

      Delete
  8. I didn't think Battlestar Galactica was popular enough to have yet another season.

    Hasn't it been going on for years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for decades methinks... I never liked it myself

      Delete
  9. You had me at BATTLESTAR GALACTICA...which series I just finished re-watching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then don't forget to watch this one at YouTube :) They're airing 7 to 10 minute episodes over there beginning this week :)

      Delete
  10. I've never seen any of the BG series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried watching some,but they were mostly boring :(

      Delete
  11. i so want to watch the Battlestar, i missed it when the cable was turned off. i don't know who this Hannah New is, but i am intrigued.

    the new superman guy, fingers crossed can pull off the new superman movie... great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New is someone new :)
      I'm deeply convinced Henrylicious will be great as Supes, but I'm not sure if Snyder will be great in his directorial vision given the fact that the horrid DARK KNIGHT director was his supervisor here :(((

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.