Friday, November 23, 2012

KATE WINSLET AWARDED CBE BY BRITISH QUEEN! EPIC "JACK THE GIANT SLAYER" TRAILER WITH EWAN MCGREGOR, NICHOLAS HOULT, BILL NIGHY! DYNAMIC "SNITCH" TRAILER WITH DWAYNE JOHNSON & SUSAN SARANDON!

Something that should have happened a long time ago has finally happened yesterday: one of the best living actresses Kate Winslet was awarded CBE from English queen Elisabeth II. She received the title of the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for her services to drama yesterday in Buckingham Palace! Wearing an elegant black knee length pencil skirt and a matching blazer, Kate talked with the queen about the joys of motherhood while receiving the ordain. Speaking to the journalists and reporters after the event, Winslet said: "The sense of gravity is enormous and you very much feel you are being acknowledged by the whole country in a way." Believe it or not, Kate won only one Oscar so far (for her outstanding and deeply moving role in THE READER) but was nominated five other times - for leading roles in LITTLE CHILDREN, TITANIC and ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF A SPOTLESS
MIND, and for supporting roles in SENSE AND SENSIBILITY and IRIS. She won three Golden Globes.
SNITCH TRAILER
Two trailers for you this Thanksgiving, people. First, you can check out the trailer for Dwayne Johnson's new action flick SNITCH which is supposed to hit
cinemas next February. Also starring Susan Sarandon, Barry Pepper, THE WALKING DEAD's John Bernthal and Benjamin Bratt, this 35 million dollars action movie, inspired by true events chronicled in a PBS Frontline documentary, follows a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a drug distribution crime and is looking at a mandatory minimum prison sentence of 10 years. Desperate and determined to rescue his son at all costs, he makes a deal with the U.S. attorney to work as an undercover informant and infiltrate a drug cartel on a dangerous mission, risking everything, including his family and his own life. 
JACK GIANT SLAYER CLIP
Fairy tale epic adventure JACK THE GIANT SLAYER is, after a very long delay, ready to start it's cinematic life next March and today you can see the second trailer which, unlike the first one we've seen earlier
this year, gives more action, more giants and more of the stunning sets. The film was supposed to open this summer, but was moved to next year in order to get 3D treatment and additional changes. Starring Ewan McGregor, Nicholas Hoult, Bill Nighy, Ian McShane, Stanley
Tucci and Eddie Marsan the movie is directed by Bryan Singer. JACK THE GIANT SLAYER tells the story of an ancient war that is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between
our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack, into the battle of his life to stop them.
Fighting for a kingdom, its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he thought only existed in legend, and gets the chance to become a legend himself.

27 comments:

  1. Love Kate and Susan Sarandon! Have a great weekend, Dez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Gina, you too, hope you're having a nice Holiday!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for Kate!! She is elegance itself in that pic and look at that arched eyebrow-ooooh so sexy and saucy she is.

    I'm home darling and not capable of much more than this. I'm fine, just sleeping mainly with my leg up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, lovely to hear from you, darling! I will send you a hunky pizza delivery guy to cheer you up ;)
      Rest, sleep, relax, you need it now, Annzie!
      Hope everything went as planned.

      I'm also extremely happy for Kate, some nice news to cheer you up!

      Delete
    2. They've finally got the fourth season of Merlin on Netflix!! I've almost watched the whole thing today and it was grand. I'll pop in when I'm able over the next couple of days.

      Delete
    3. yeeppee! :) I should start watching the fifth season soon, I'm currently watching the second season of ONCE UPON A TIME.
      Take care of yourself, darling, and rest, and don't dance boogie no matter how much you want it :P Hope you're not in any pain :(

      Delete
  3. Yay for Kate. She really is one of the bravest actresses, unafraid to do whatever it takes to make her characters shine.

    And, ooh, I loved that clip for Jack the Giant Slayer!! Fun and full of adventure. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are ever so happy for our dear Kate :) And she certainly is brave, her READER role is example of braveness!
      Glad you liked the clip, it's very epic!
      How is your Thanksgiving cooking going on? :)

      Delete
    2. I actually did my Thanksgiving yesterday because some people had to work today. Not everyone gets the day off. :(

      But I'm enjoying leftovers today. You would not approve, but I cook my turkey in wine, butter, and herbs in a crock pot, and it comes out so delish. :))

      Delete
    3. you're not the only one among our blogging friends to have had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday :)
      Mmmmm. ... butter... I don't eat it... but I love it :)

      Delete
    4. and I've no idea what a crock pot is, but I don't know what slow cooker is either :)

      Delete
    5. I wondered if that would get lost in translation. It's just a small electric cooking pot with a lid that sits on the countertop and takes all freaking day to cook, but everything comes out tender and delicious. :))

      And I think I went through a pound of butter cooking yesterday. LOL. It goes in everything when it's a holiday. :D

      Delete
    6. I was afraid it was a pot in which you keep crack :) (just kidding of course)
      We mostly use margarine here in my country, since butter is so expensive, but I do like its taste.

      Delete
  4. I wanna see Jack the Giant Killer! Looks sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Winslet looks smashing! Congrats to her -- a great honour for her and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy for her, Debs! Hope Ewan and Jude get awarded too!

      Delete
  6. Is it just me, or it Nicholas Hoult in just about everything these days? Like the look of Jack the Giant Slayer though :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it could be you :P since I haven't seen him in a lot of things lately... :)

      Delete
  7. kate went from hot to hotter, though i think you know that, went to see 'life of pi' it was not the story of making pie... i was so disappointing... hope your day is swell, yeah i am bringing the word back... just like clark kent... in superman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, K/Cate Winslet, Blanchett, Zeta Jones, Beckinsale... we ain't complaining, just give us Cates!

      You mean the tiger didn't eat him like a pie? I'm all shocked.

      Delete
  8. Hooray for Kate! She is one of my very favorite actresses. I loved all of her movies.

    Both of these movies look incredible. You know how I love Dwayne and my fantasy epics.

    Thanks for the holiday wishes. I had a lot of fun yesterday with my family. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we take Kate's success like it was our own :)
      Glad you had fun during holidays, Mel!

      Delete
  9. Dezzie darling, I loved the piece on Kate...she is so deserving of acknowledgement of her acting talent. I adored her in Sense and Sensibility (have my own copy). And you're so right, it's long overdue!

    Ta ta, darling (who doesn't love the English)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is probably her only film I've never seen since I've declared a personal law which states that me will try to ignore the existence of Jane Austen :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.