Monday, November 5, 2012

JUDE LAW IN "QUEEN OF THE DESERT"! TRAILER FOR ANIMATED FILM "ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH"! FIRST PICS FROM BBC'S ZOMBIE SHOW "IN THE FLESH"!

Our dearest British heartthrob, two time Oscar nominee Jude Law has just joined the cast of sweeping historical drama QUEEN OF THE DESERT. If you ask me he will actually be the only appealing part of the cast since he joins Robert Pattinson and Naomi Watts in this story about Gertrude Bell, an explorer, writer, archaeologist and attaché for the British Empire, who is credited with helping to catalyse the formation of the Middle East at the dawn of the 20th Century. The film is being directed by Oscar winning Werner Herzog. The female version of Lawrence of Arabia should start shooting next year in Morocco. I guess this means that Herzog has managed to beat Ridley Scott in the race to make a film about Bell, since Scott also wanted to do it but with Angelina Jolie in the lead role.

IN THE FLESH
Following the worldwide megasuccess of THE WALKING DEAD, BBC has started shooting their own zombie series a week ago in Britain. Titled IN THE FLESH, the new zombie drama takes place four years after a zombie uprising and charts humanity's efforts to reintegrate the living dead into society. One such zombie is Kieren Walker (Luke 
Newberry), who must adjust to his new life with the help of fellow zombie Amy (Emily Bevan), his best friend Rick (David Walmsley) and his sister Jem (Harriet Cains). You can check out first two pictures released straight from the sets in the North West of England.
The series will be aired at BBC Three the home of BEING HUMAN hit show. Speaking of BBC, their THE PARADISE series, which has started airing this Fall following the staff of the first British 19th century department store, has been commissioned for the second season of 8 episodes!

ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH
Today, you can also check out a trailer for an animated film which comes out next February. ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH  
catapults moviegoers to planet Baab where admired astronaut Scorch Supernova (Brendan Fraser) is a national hero to the blue alien population. A master of daring rescues, Scorch pulls off astonishing feats with the quiet aid of his nerdy, by-the-rules brother, Gary (Rob Corddry), head of mission control at BASA. When BASA's no-nonsense chief Lena (Jessica Alba) informs the brothers of an SOS from a notoriously dangerous planet, Scorch rejects Gary's warnings and bounds off for yet another exciting mission. But when Scorch finds himself caught in a fiendish trap set by the evil Shanker (James Gandolfini), it's up to scrawny,
risk-adverse Gary to do the real rescuing. As the interplanetary stakes rise to new heights, Gary is left to save his brother, his planet, his beloved wife Kira (Sarah Jessica Parker) and their adventure hungry son Kip!

34 comments:

  1. Off topic, but we just saw "Cloud Atlas" last night and loved it! There was a lot of scenery-chewing going on but what fun for the actors! And an interesting, complex story (stories) for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I think I might like it too, I might like its message, but it did flop big time ... and I hear it's kinda like MATRIX in the way that nobody knows what it was about :)

      Delete
    2. Like the Matrix, it may ultimately become a cult film. Complex films need to build an audience slowly over time.

      Delete
  2. I'll say this for Herzog, his films are always interesting-sometimes strange, but interesting. I'm curious to see what he does with this. And I'm very glad that he's beaten Scott to the punch. We no like Angelina big lipped dog face horror show of a woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it doesn't mean Scott won't do his version... you know how Hollywood lately loves double films on the same topic.... but let us hope it won't happen... I don't think I need any film on this topic.... west playing their pompous and arrogant games with the east... no thanks :(

      Delete
    2. You know darling, I love that shirt Jude is wearing, the drape is fabulous. But those slacks are wrong-they look like polyester and it's bothering me.

      Delete
    3. Mebelieves that is his costume from TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, darling, it is bothering me too, but I had to post the pic because that hairy peck of his is driving me wild a bit ... :)

      Delete
  3. Who wants to reintegrate zombies into society? Can you imagine taking a zombie to a party as your "plus one?" They will eat your brains out of your head with a spoon for an appetizer. Not good. Not good at all. :PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I'd personally take that first zombie out anywhere :) Love that newcomer :)

      Delete
  4. Now I will have to check and see if my satellite provider gives us that BBC commercial so I can get me some zombie shows! Quite the twist on zombies though - bringing them into our society...I don't know about all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you only have BBC America and possibly Sky Atlantic. If they're airing British BEING HUMAN, I'm sure they will air these zombies too :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. yep, and some other films too... not an original concept.

      Delete
  6. Really? Zombies are supposed to be brain dead abominations that have no higher level brain functions.

    I can't see how that series can last beyond a season if even that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost sure it will be a huge hit... BBC never really fails ... :)

      Delete
  7. Gotta love zombies.. they're so.... huggable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had trouble typing so I had to put this in another comment:

    Oh my gosh, I LOVE Escape from Planet Earth!!! It looks like soooooo much fun. I love the brain freeze moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blogger sometimes plays games with us :(
      ESCAPE reminds me of a number of similar animated flicks... I forgot the name of the recent one which also had an alien astronaut falling down upon some town and having some kid hide him from NASA.

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to the new zombie show - it'll fill the Merlin/Doctor Who shaped hole in my tv schedule after Christmas :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to start watching the last season of MERLIN. Has it been any good so far?

      Delete
  10. "In the Flesh" sounds good, nothing run of the mill about the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The idea of zombies as thinkers will take some getting use to as I prefer my walkers as mindless fleshing eating ghouls. This way they seem just like vampires.

    Naomi Watts as Gertrude bell? Blech! I can't stand her acting. Poor Jude is going to have to work overtime to make her seem interesting next to him. Though I suppose he should be used to that, I mean he did just work with Keira Knightley. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you is reading my mind, sister, poor Jude really always gets horrid partners, from these two mediocre wenches to ice cold Nicol Kidman in COLD MOUNTAIN... I really don't get it... he needs us as his on screen partners desperately, Melsy :) And his best friend Ewan had to star with that Naomi in THE IMPOSSIBLE too :(

      Delete
  12. Gah, I still have not seen Lawrence of Arabia yet!! But QUEEN OF THE DESERT sounds intriguing, esp. with Jude now joining the cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen it either, Flixy, but I do like the current work of Peter O'Toole.

      Delete
  13. Queen of the Desert sounds like a good movie based on that movie review. Cant wati to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dezzy - Hope your Monday has been awesome!

    Jude Law is delicious!!!! I'll see his newest movie, for sure. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we'd see him in anything (in all meanings possible :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.