Saturday, March 30, 2013

JASON STATHAM & TOM HARDY FOR "ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" REMAKE! CAST ANNOUNCED FOR BBC "ATLANTIS" EPIC SERIES! "GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL" WITH JUDE LAW, RALPH FIENNES, ED NORTON, ADRIEN BRODY, SAOIRSE RONAN! FX "MAYFLOWER" HISTORICAL SERIES!

 The plot for Wes Anderson's GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL has been revealed. The movie will follow a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars and his friendship with a young
 employee who becomes his trusted protégé. The plot focuses on the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th century. The film which has already been shot in Hungary and Germany has an extremely star studded cast including: Ralph Fiennes, Jude Law, Edward Norton, Owen Wilson, Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, Harvey Keitel, Saoirse Ronan, Tom Wilkinson, Jeff Goldblum, Willem Dafoe, Adrien Brody and Bill Murray! Wes has previously helmed MOONRISE KINGDOM and FANTASTIC MR FOX!
 
  CAST REVEALED FOR ATLANTIS EPIC SHOW 
One of our most anticipated of the upcoming new epic shows ATLANTIS is getting new cast members! As you already know the new BBC show will replace MERLIN this Fall and will be set in the city of Atlantis, a mysterious, ancient place, a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. It's into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation. Earlier this winter I informed you that Robert Emms (MIRROR MIRROR) will play Pythagoras, and now he will be joined by Mark Addy (Game of Thrones), Juliet Stevenson (The Village), Sarah Parish (World Without End, Merlin), Jack Donnelly (Dancing On The Edge) and Djinn's Aiysha Hart, and Jemima Rooper (Lost in Austen)! The show will start shooting next month on the sets designed in Morocco and Wales! The lead role is yet to be revealed!
 

  MAYFLOWER EPIC SERIES 
Speaking of epic series, FX is also venturing into these waters and in the slate of new mini series to come to the channel in the future is also
MAYFLOWER, a historical drama which will bring an unflinching portrait of the Puritan settlers at Plymouth Colony and their uneasy alliance with the local Native Americans.The show is produced by LIFE OF PI producer!

  JASON STATHAM & TOM HARDY FOR ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK 
And Digital Spy writes that Jason Statham and Tom Hardy are the frontrunners for the lead role in the remake of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK! One of them will star in the sf film playing Snake Plissken, a war hero turned criminal who has the chance to redeem himself by rescuing the president, who has been taken hostage by prison inmates. The role was originally played by Kurt Russell!

44 comments:

  1. NO! No ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake! Bad, Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you didn't really expect that the film will escape a remake :PP

      Delete
    2. I agree! No remake. Kurt Russell is and always will be Snake Plisken. :)

      Delete
    3. I'm sure Goldie Hawn would agree with you :)

      Delete
    4. You're right Melissa, Kurt is and always will be Snake. I loved that movie and didn't expect to when the Hubby had me watch it.

      Delete
    5. I wonder where did Kurt disappear?

      Delete
    6. I haven't seen him on anything for a long time. He seems like a really nice person in real life.

      Delete
    7. are him and Goldie still together?

      Delete
  2. Hey, Dezzy,

    Some hot new shows.... great. I LIKE the premise and cast of Budapest Hotel.... I've been there in my travels and LOVED the city. Hungarians are also a very friendly lot....

    Hope all is well. Sorry I haven't visited .... out of town for the next month or so and I have to go to McDonald's or the library for wifi.... it so sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been to Budapest? Oh, you should've gone down some 200km and visit me :) And I speak Hungarian a bit....

      Delete
    2. I am Hungarian and we are friendly. And mean cooks and bakers as well.

      Delete
    3. the cuisine of my own Vojvodina is very similar to the Hungarian one - lots of ghulash, paprikash, noodles, and such things :)

      Delete
    4. PS Ivy, I've left my own recipe for Sacher cake in WOLVERINE post somewhere among the comments :) Somebody asked for it, thought you would like to check it out :)

      Delete
    5. I grew up helping make torta. Good eats.

      Delete
    6. That's good. I still say you should have a food blog, or a personal blog to showboat some of your other fancy talents.

      Delete
    7. I should. I did try to open a food blog a month ago, but wasn't satisfied with the look and deleted it. I first need to heal from the surgery, move away to the capital city and then have a life in which I can cook and bake for people I love and thus have material for blog too. But blogs take away so much time.....

      Delete
    8. I'm sorry you deleted it. Too bad you can't just have a good bit of fun and that be that.

      Delete
  3. That is an impressive cast for the Grand Budapest Hotel. I'll look forward to that.

    But I had to laugh when I got to the mention of the Mayflower project and saw Jason Stratham's picture. I thought they went together at first, and I was shaking my head, no, no, no. I don't think he could pull off that Puritan look very convincingly. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm not sure if there's a famous name they didn't include in the cast, lol :)

      Ah, if ever I get my paws on Statham, I hope he doesn't go Puritan on me ... I'm hoping for more Wild Native experience :)

      Delete
  4. say it so, joe... escape from new york is a huge mistake... russell could do a sequel... not looking at l.a., but a real sequel... hollyweird please stop... it's bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no need for a sequel nor a remake if you ask me, J-man, the original film was bad enough....

      Delete
    2. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttt, you and i talking about the same movie?

      Delete
    3. Lol, yes, my Zombie Master :)

      Delete
  5. ...I loved Russell in the original Escape from New York, not sure if Hollywood should mess with such a classic.

    Thanks Dez for the update!

    El

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plot of Hotel and the sound of Atlantis. I don't think that Jason or Tom would be as good as Kurt. Tom maybe, but Jason, never. He's too much a one trick pony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm up for Budapest Hotel and you're right that cast is amazing.

    The Mayflower. Could be good as it says they are taking an unflinching look at the Puritans. So much more has come to light in recent years about them. One of the things that surprised me (but really shouldn't have) is the amount of illicit sex these people were into. We know that is common in legalistic cultures. It seems the more a group of people try to put forth a public show of morality, the more creepy badnsess they are trying to hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, if they had naughty sex lives, I must investigate :) I do love me naughty people....

      Delete
    2. It was the same with the Victorians. Strict rules, but people shagging like rabbits :)

      Delete
    3. yep, If I remember correctly, although chaste and prude, Victoria herself had dozens of kids - she was busy with Albert in their bedchamber :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Easter, Dez! I bet you've been busy baking and making all things delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Betsy. No baking for me this year, still recovering from my third surgery.... alas.... Hope you're busy in the kitchen!

      Delete
  9. It's hard to believe the puritans made any alliances with anyone. Terrible group of folks, and a ironic bunch of that. Escaping europe because of their religious views to later enforce theirs upon the people of the new land.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish someone would make a good movie about Atlantis. When I hear Atlantis, what springs to mind is Patrick Duffy. Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because the sea around Atlantis was wavy like Duffy's love carpet? :))))

      Delete
  11. What... you really don't know? Click HERE.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.