Thursday, January 5, 2012

IS BRADLEY COOPER LEX LUTHOR IN "MAN OF STEEL"? AMANDA SEYFRIED & TAYLOR SWIFT TO JOIN "LES MISERABLES"! MATTHEW FOX IN WW2 EPIC "EMPEROR"! RYAN REYNOLDS IN "SAFE HOUSE"

As HOLLYWOOD SPY had reported that it might happen, Amanda Seyfried and music star Taylor Swift have been offered the roles of
Cossette and Eponine in Tom Hopper's (THE KING'S SPEECH) musical movie adaptation of famous LES MISERABLES novel by Victor Hugo. If they get the roles, the girls will join Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway as Fatine, Eddie Redmayne as Marius and Russell Crowe in the story which revolves around Jean Valjean (Jackman), a 19th Century ex-convict who wants a fresh start at life, but he is constantly pursued by inspector Valvert (Crowe), who doesn't believe he has corrected his criminal ways. You probably remember that other actresses who were mentioned for these two roles include Scarlett Johansson, Lea Michelle and Evan Rachel Wood, and that there are rumors that Helena Bonham Carter could also join the stellar cast.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
According to "MovieWeb", Matthew Fox from LOST, will take the
lead role in new epic EMPEROR, which, inspired by true events, brings the story of love and understanding set amidst the uncertainties of the days following the Japanese surrender at the end of WWII, when General Douglas MacArthur served as the de facto ruler of Japan as supreme commander of the occupying forces. Matthew Fox will play General Fellers, one of MacArthur's leading Japanese experts, who is charged with reaching a decision of historical importance: should Emperor Hirohito be tried and hanged as a war criminal? The film will also explore the story of
Fellers' love affair with a Japanese exchange student he had met years before in the U.S., and his quest to find her in the ravaged post-war landscape. One of the hottest gossips which have hit the web during holidays is that Bradley Cooper might get a cameo role in Zack Snyder's Superman project MAN OF STEEL with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams. Since his mega epic PARADISE LOST is currently on hold, Bradley might play Lex Luthor in a short, but crucial part for the story.

A new poster has been released for action thriller coming out this February SAFE HOUSE in which Denzel Washington plays the most dangerous renegade from the CIA, who comes back onto the grid
after a decade on the run. When the South African safe house he's remanded to is attacked by mercenaries, a rookie operative (Ryan Reynolds) escapes with him. Now, the unlikely allies must stay alive long enough to uncover who wants them dead. For the past year, Matt Weston has been frustrated by his inactive, backwater post in Cape Town. A housekeeper who aspires to be a full-fledged agent, the loyal company man has been waiting for an opportunity to prove himself. When the first and only occupant he's had proves to be the most dangerous man he's ever met, Weston readies for duty. Tobin Frost has eluded capture for almost a decade. One of the best ops men that the CIA's known, the
ex-intelligence officer has given up assets and sold military intel to anyone with cash since he turned. From trading secrets to North Korea to aiding splinter cells, the damage he's done to the U.S. is immeasurable. And he's now back on the reservation with a secret. As soon as Frost is brought in for debriefing, mercenaries come and tear apart Weston's safe house. Barely escaping, the unlikely partners must discover if their attackers have been sent by terrorists or someone on the inside who will kill anyone standing in the way. Now it's up to Weston to figure out who he can trust before they're both eliminated from the game. The cast also includes Tim McGraw, Joel Kinnaman, Vera Farmiga and Brendan Gleeson.

44 comments:

  1. I think Swift would be good in Les Miserables

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradly Cooper is not all that! He's becoming as annoying as the Kardashians.

    I, too, think Taylor will be good in Les Miserables (she will bring a much needed softness to the role), and I can't wait to see Ryan Reynolds in Safe House. It's time he played a non-comedic tough guy.

    Happy New Year DEZMOND! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I majorly rolled my eyes at Bradley Cooper too. Talk about overrated. And he keeps popping up all over the place too! Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he he :) some actors seem to be getting all possible roles.
    I agree with you on Taylor, and she will pair wonderfully with amazing Eddie Redmayne.
    Happy New Year to you as well, TD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @B
    ah, Bradley is not popular today it seems :)
    He is kinda like Anne Hathaway, gets all possible roles lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe House sounds like a good one.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOO!! Yay, Denzel Washington. He's so good in these kinds of movies. All that danger and charm in one package. :))

    "There's no protocol for this." That should be the tag line on the movie poster for Safe House.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, Luanne, didn't know you were into action films so much,but then again it kinda was one of your professions to guard criminals LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be really interested to see the movie Emperor. I'm half-Japanese, and my mother was from a noble family in Japan that lost everything at the end of World War 2. She used to attend class with Admiral Yamamoto's daughter (he got shot down over the Sea of Japan). She remembers that day with clarity.

    This is a story that really hasn't been told well by any film...especially the mood that swept Japan when their emperor addressed them in the morning and told them that they had unconditionally surrendered. My mom's stories of Tokyo on fire, sprayed down with kerosene, are pretty brutal. War is something our generation of kids knows nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I've got a little action streak in me. I love a smart action movie. The Bourne movies and MI:5 television series are some of my all time favorites. I think I secretly want to be a spy. :PP

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, Luanne, you know I've been planning to set you up there in USA as our secret spy for Colorado, especially when the stars hit the mountains for some winter skiing ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Michael
    it should be a really interesting film, and your story is also very interesting, Michael!
    Here in Europe the memories of wars, all wars, are still very fresh. We've just marked today, here in my Vojvodina, a tragic day when back in WW2 Hungarian Nazis killed and put under the ice of frozen Danube thousands of innocent Serbs and Jews along with almost hundred kids. And that is just one of the smaller stories. We never forget...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know... I still think Cooper is sexy and so is that movie Safe House.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is nice, I like him too, but I guess not all people find him charming like us, Clarissa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Safe House looks really good as does Matthew Fox in Emperor. I love Denzel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I don't know where has Matthew gone missing, he did a lot of auditions and never got any big role, but this one sounds mega epic

    ReplyDelete
  17. If Helena Bonham Carter joins the Les Miz cast, I bet she'll be the crazy French innkeeper's wife/con artist whose name escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does! Don't know where Matthew has gone, either. I missed him. And speaking of Ab Fab, I remember the Gabon ep... Too hilarious! And one of my faves was when Eddie was flipping out because her old school mate was coming to visit, but then the woman turned out to be blind. I can't wait for this movie. Patsy and Eddie also did a fantasy ep of Roseanne which was one of the few eps I loved from the later seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Debs
    he he he I'm sure that would be her character :)

    @Melsy
    remember the one when Eddie and Pats got lost in Morocco? :) Or the one when they went to some country manor for some hunting LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morocco was a scream and a half!! Their hunting had me howling. Lord I miss those crazy girls. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bradely Cooper as Lex Luthor?..pffft dumb idea. Safe House actually looks pretty good too, sure will beat Denzel's big steaming turd Unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's always so fun to stop by and read about what's coming soon!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah I have seen loads of safe house ads where I live

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope Safe House is good, as Reynolds hasn't really been getting good roles lately. I personally think he should have done more movies like "Buried" rather than trying to prop up crappy hollywood movies

    ReplyDelete
  25. The female casting for Les Miserables is really quite well, miserable. I'll only watch it for the male cast.

    And I sure hope Bradley WON'T be Lex Luthor, sheesh it just won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just read another write up that Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen are in it. My guess as the Thenardiers. Bad choices for Cosette and Eponine. Horribler and horribler.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Taylor Swift? Oh what are they thinking? This novel is an important piece of literature and they cast a one dimensional bimbo in the role? Emporer has possibilities, I won't say no until I see it. I see the cat doesn't like Denzel. I love Denzel and I love spy thrillers. Can't wait to see that and also to rub the cats nose in it on Twitter.

    I got home from hospital, ate and fell asleep with the computer on my lap. You were the first thing I thought of darling. Thank you for expressing your concern for Hubby. I'm not posting today. I'm too knackered. Have a lovely day Dezzy dear.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad that Bradley Cooper is taking the leap into genre films more this year. After Limitless, then Paradise Lost and now Man of Steel, he could be our champion!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Taylor as Eponine is brilliant. Eponine is young, naive and simple, consumed by a massive school girl crush. Ms. Swift can do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really cannot see Cooper as Lex Luther... not one bit!!

    Thanks for sharing my friend

    ReplyDelete
  31. Taylor Swift and Amanda Seyfried?! That's just awful. Awful, awful, awful. Terrible casting. Even worse than Russell Crowe. Eponine was a streetwise kid; not a genius, but not a dimwit.

    Not sure about Bradley Cooper as Lex Luthor. Has too comical a face.

    ReplyDelete
  32. ok, i'm not sure i get this... are they singing in the new les mis? because i wasn't aware that seyfried sang...
    i'm not really excited about this les mis cast. i mean, i really like all these names, but i'm not sure about them in these roles... it seems like they're going for "trendy" casting as opposed to some real, fitting talent.

    like the JANE EYRE i just watched yesterday with fassbender as rochester and judi dench (your turn to bow) as mrs. (ms?) fairfax, and even mia wasikowsa as jane. truly great acting (along with an amazing score, breathtaking camera work, and brilliant directorial decisions) made for a simply awe-inspiring movie-viewing experience-- which is what i would hope for the newest generation being exposed to the heart-breaking epic that is les mis.

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Melsy
    when they were left in the middle of Moroccan nowhere with their designer bags and luggage and started roaming around the countryside, that was just precious television :)))

    @PAt
    can't say, Pat, I have a tendency of never watching Denzel's films LOL

    @Southpaw
    glad you like it :) Happy New Year to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Baur
    you did?

    @Dirty
    I've never heard of BURIED, Dirty, but it doesn't sound good to me

    @Flixy
    my biggest problem with the cast is Russell, whom I really don't like, and I'd prefer someone else rather than Anne Hathaway, but I can survive her, she's nice and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Josh
    Sasha Baron is never a good sign for a film, can't stand him. But we do love Bonham Carter ;)

    @Anne
    there, there, sister, Taylor can't be a bimbo, she is barely of age. She is actually one of the very few teen stars who are nice, well behaved, cute, always polite, never have scandals around them. I personally don't like her music, since she is a country singer, but she has a lovely voice and tones of Grammies, which almost none of other teen singers have. We should give her a chance. And we shall have Hugh Jackman to watch, darling, no reason to complain :)))))
    I hope things are better today? I won't ask you much, because I know you think about it all day long and want some cheering up when you come here!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The thing is, Thenardier was a slimy, skeezy bastard, and SBC could definitely pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  37. @Jamie
    PARADISE LOST is currently on hold, they don't have money. I hope they will make it at one point, but a lot of big projects have been canceled in Hollywood this year.

    @Rob
    I agree with you, Rob about Taylor

    @Scott
    be welcome, Scottie

    ReplyDelete
  38. @Joshy
    I'd still make it illegal for him to appear in any movie :) Even if he is playing bastards :) I'd rather see some serious actor playing a bastard, than that horrible example of a human being who has based his career on dangerous racial mocking. I can't stand that dangerous kind of irresponsibility that he has

    @Vics
    they are singing as far as I got it :)
    Oh, unlike you, I hated JANE EYRE because I find Wasikowska horrible, her expressionless acting and shallow look in the eyes ruins every film for me. I think Taylor will bring certain angelic warmth to the role, and I don't have an opinion of Amanda Seyfried.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cooper as Luthor? hmmm I don't know. He doesn't look like luthor :/

    ReplyDelete
  40. maybe if he shaves his head :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.