Sunday, March 27, 2016

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON IRISH PERIOD SET EPIC TV SERIES 'REBELLION' ON 1916 EASTER UPRISING FOR INDEPENDENCE!

  'REBELLION' EPIC TV SERIES
ON IRISH EASTER UPRISING
Now, here's something hauntingly appropriate for Easter Sunday - Irish television RTE's epic series REBELLION! In honour of the 100th anniversary of when the Easter Uprising began on Apr. 24, 1916, Sundance TV will air Irish drama in USA as a special three night miniseries event from Sunday, Apr. 24 through Tuesday., Apr. 26. The five part miniseries charts the birth of modern Ireland during one of the most tumultuous and dangerous periods in history.

WAR FOR FREEDOM
REBELLION begins with the outbreak of World War I. As expectations of a short and glorious campaign are dashed, social stability is eroded, and Irish national spirit comes to the fore. The tumultuous events that follow are seen through the eyes of three young women and their families, lovers and friends from Belfast, Dublin and London as they play vital and conflicting roles in the narrative of Ireland’s independence. Some prioritize family loyalties; some are motivated by the noblest of ideals, some by opportunism; others take up arms, prepared to sacrifice everything for the dream of a better society and true independence.

CHARACTER DRIVEN DRAMA
This character driven drama,  written by Colin Teevan (Silk, Vera), has a cast lead by Brian Gleeson alongside Charlie Murphy (Philomena), Michelle Fairley (Game of Thrones), Ruth Bradley (Humans), Paul Reid, Andrew Simpson (Notes On A Scandal) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful). The $10 million historical saga might get a second season as well following characters through the War of Independence.

26 comments:

  1. Looks atmospheric and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was quite successful over in Eire when it aired this January

      Delete
  2. The video doesn't play here, but your posters are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added the US trailer, this one should work, didn't know RTE geoblocks their clips :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Happy Easter, it's Water Monday here in my town when men go visiting ladies and spraying them with perfume for a gift of an Easter egg or some fruit :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh the video won't play for me here. I suspect the British are responsible :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth has sent Phillip to do some hacking, serious business in Buckingham palace.
      I did ad a US trailer now, you should be able to open it

      Delete
    2. It does look good dahlink. My great grandfather was killed by the British. My great gran lived to be 101 and she never spoke of it. However my grandmother and my uncles did. Moi grew up full of anger and hatred. Thankfully I'm not like that anymore.

      Delete
    3. I read at IMDB that some Irish people think the show is a bit apologetic, like sorry we raised the rebellion or something. I hope that isn't true :(
      Sorry to hear about the great granpa, I bet there's isn't a single Irish who does not have at least one ancestor killed by the Brits, the same as here with Turks. My own surname probably has some Turkish origins so I wouldn't be surprised is some great great grandma of mine was raped by a Turkish Janissary or something

      Delete
  5. No video for me either, but I agree with Dixie. The posters look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a haunting piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to check it out on Sundance. It looks good!! Love the ladies outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the whole show gives the female perspective on the rebellion

      Delete
  8. I'm anxious to see Rebellion. It looks like a good drama, rich in history.
    How are you, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit under the weather today, methinks :) It is a very strange day, both warm and gloomy and we had time saving switch yesterday so I feel a bit like a zombie

      Delete
  9. This is one of my favorite periods to see recaptured. I think a lot has to do with the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will enjoy the series on Sundance TV

      Delete
  10. what I like about this kind of series is that we learn a lot about the history as well :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, when the series isn't done by the wrong side :)

      Delete
  11. Character-driven drama? Does that sell?

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.