Monday, November 11, 2013

DAN STEVENS IS SIR LANCELOT NEXT TO BEN STILLER, ROBIN WILLIAMS IN 'NIGHT AT THE MUSEM 3'! ADAM DRIVER TO PLAY NIGHTWING IN 'SUPERMAN VS BATMAN' WITH HENRY CAVILL & BEN AFFLECK? 'SEAN SAVES THE WORLD' SITCOM GETS MORE EPISODES


NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM III GETS
DAN STEVENS AS SIR LANCELOT
Well, they certainly weren't the best comedies ever, but the first two films in THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM franchise sure were fun and entertaining. You already know that the third one is in works with Ben Stiller again reprising his role of the unfortunate guard at the museum who has to guard the place at night when all in it seems to come alive. Robin Williams is also attached to again give a delightful performance of Teddy Roosevelt. And now 'The Hollywood Reporter' writes that DOWNTON ABBEY's Dan Stevens is set to play living mannequin of Sir Lancelot of the Round table! Lancelot will be the main nemesis in the third part of the billion dollar series set this time in London. The film is out Christmas next year.

ADAM DRIVER IS NIGHTWING
IN 'SUPERMAN VS BATMAN'?
One of the main movie news this weekend was that young GIRLS TV star Adam Driver is now the leading candidate for the role of Nightwing in SUPERMAN VS BATMAN! Nightwing is the new vigilante identity of Batman's former sidekick Robin after he has a fall out with Batman who will, reportedly, be old, tired and weary and, as you know, played by Ben Affleck against Henry Cavill's Superman. Earlier last week we reported that Olga Kurylenko is the lead candidate for the role of Wonder Woman (or Bruce Wayne's girlfriend - it is not clear so far) along with THOR's Jaimie Alexander. The film hits theatres summer 2015. The film will be directed by Zack Snyder again and will see Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) returning to their respective roles.

SEAN SAVES THE WORLD
  NEW EPISODE ORDER FROM NBC
Good news from the television department - delightfully warm and entertaining new sitcom SEAN SAVES THE WORLD got an order for five more episodes over at NBC which means it will have 18 in total in  the first season. Starring Sean Hayes from WILL AND GRACE, the lovely sitcom follows a divorced gay father to a teenage daughter who must learn to balance his successful but demanding work life and fatherhood.

37 comments:

  1. My kids love the THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM movies, I'll inform them.
    I don't mind having Nightwing in the new SUPERMAN VS BATMAN, but with talk of a Wonder Woman cameo this might be just too much for the fledgling DC movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were rather fun, weren't they :) It's exciting seeing all those historical figures from the museum coming alive :)

      Yes, I hate the very idea of dark and morbid Batman having any appearance in a Superman film, especially since we only had one Supes' film in this new version, but Hollywood obviously wants to milk it all the way through....

      Delete
  2. i am glad they are giving sean saves the world a chance, he needs to start being more "jack" and less the straight laced father... it's got potential. heck yes for Night at the Museum... i enjoyed the first two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the first two episodes so far and loved it. I love those old style sitcoms, the warm and kind ones. Currently watching SEAN, HAPPILY DIVORCED and LAST MAN STANDING. I also watched the first two episodes of THE CRAZY ONES but wasn't overly vowed beyond Robin's brilliancy.

      Delete
  3. i have been watching less and less, i don't want to feel trapped to the tv. so if i am watching it, it means i am too enjoying it. if it doesn't hold my interest like "sleepy hollow" which had a strong start, one that is holding my interest is "black list"... you should cover that show and the beauty that is in it... she too i feel could play "wonder woman"... and spader! he is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLACK LIST is a political or detective show, yes? I don't do those at HOLLYWOOD SPY, J-man :)
      Agreed on SLEEPY HOLLOW. I also gave up on BBC's ATLANTIS and I'm now watching only DRACULA, REIGN and these sitcoms.

      Delete
    2. i am behind on dracula and been watching SHEILD... the wife and i also want to start watching hannibal, i dig the actor lead playing hannibal.

      Delete
    3. that would be Mads Mikkelsen :) My dear Hugh Dancy is also in that show. But too scary for me! Oh, and you know I'm religiously watching THE WALKING DEAD

      Delete
    4. Mads Mikkelsen... he is creepy awesome!

      Delete
    5. he was amazing in all the films we've seen him before.

      Delete
  4. SEAN SAVES THE WORLD Very fun , i like this .
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first Night at the Museum movie. Can't remember if I watched the second one or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also seen only the first one, methinks. I remember my dear Rami Malek playing Egyptian pharaoh in it :)

      Delete
  6. The Batman steamroller continues to roll on but I'm still a little doubtful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Night at the Museum movies! I had no idea that they were making a 3rd installation. Love coming here and getting the latest news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should come more often, then, Papa Noel :P

      Delete
  8. My favorite character from Will & Grace was Karen and not Jack. Jack was fun though. I might have to give Sean Saves the World a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was Rozie :) and then Karen... I mostly didn't care for Will and Grace's characters. The sitcom was what it was thanks to Karen and RoRo :)

      Delete
  9. Night at the Museum 3? I hope they can keep it funny. With that many sequels it's quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it's in London this time, it might be funny to see what the Brits stole from all around the world

      Delete
  10. The sitcom actually looks fun.

    And really? They're making another THE NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM ????? (You might've guessed I'm not a fan, though I didn't mind the first one)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nightwing? Hmm...that kinda makes me want to see it a little more. Although I fear that the whole thing may be a little too much. Not necessarily because of Affleck. I thought Heath Ledger was an AWFUL choice to play the Joker. Well, what a surprise THAT turned out to be. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also though Heath was an awful choice and I still think so. The only Joker for me is Jack Nicholson. Heath was dangerously dark, morbid and psychotic... and we saw what kind of influence his approach had on so many other psycho killers in real life :((

      Delete
  12. I like Dan Stevens and miss him terribly from Downton Abbey!

    But seeing him play a living mannequin of Sir Lancelot of the Round table should be a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I do wish Downton would have him return as a twin brother. No one knew he existed~

      Good for Dan-he will be fab!

      I'm not sure about Nightwing, until I see it~

      Delete
    2. I kinda stopped watching DOWNTON when they killed him :)

      Delete
    3. Don't stop watching Downton, Dezzy. It's too good. There's lots of other delicious characters :)

      Delete
    4. no, I don't like the snobbery in it, dear. Just don't get what's exciting about watching rich people who don't know what to do with their lives and too much money.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Well he was a bad guy in the legend too .. kinda... stole the wife from Arthur :)

      Delete
  14. I am excited to hear there will be another Night at the Museum. My family loves watching those together. "I No Dumb, Dumb, You Dumb, Dumb" is a favorite quote we like to say to each other lol

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.