Thursday, November 14, 2013

RAVENS, FAIRIES & DARK FORESTS IN FIRST 'MALEFICENT' EPIC TRAILER WITH ANGELINA JOLIE, IMELDA STAUNTON, TOBY REGBO, ELLE FANNING, SAM RILEY! RUPERT SANDERS TO DIRECT 'NAPOLEON' HISTORICAL DRAMA

FILM ON NAPOLEON
TO BE HELMED BY SNOW WHITE'S RUPERT SANDERS
A new historical drama is to be expected in the future: The Hollywood Reporter writes that Rupert Sanders (SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN) is going to helm a film on NAPOLEON the infamous French general and ruler from the 18th and 19th century! To be produced by 300 producer Gianni Nunnari, it will be a biopic on one of history’s most outsized personalities, a genius who believed in himself almost too much, as he could inspire hundreds of thousands to do his military and political bidding. Bonaparte rose to power through a series of revolutions at the turn of the 19th century, riding the liberty wave of the French Revolution and becoming Emperor of France. Using brilliant strategy, he made France into a major world power, but his fortune turned after he invaded Russia. His defeat at the Battle of Waterloo is one of history’s most famous battles!
We might watch NAPOLEON on TV too, since I informed you this spring that Steven Spielberg wants to make mini series based on Stanley Kubrick's unfinished scenario.

MALEFICENT TRAILER
ANGELINA JOLIE IS EVIL WITCH 
Disney has released the first trailer for their upcoming fairy tale movie adaptation MALEFICENT which comes to theatres next May with Angelina Jolie playing  beautiful, pure hearted young woman, Maleficent who has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land's fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal-an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king's successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom and perhaps to Maleficent's true happiness as well.
MALEFICENT CAST  
The cast also includes Elle Fanning as Aurora (with a truly horrid British accent as you can hear in the trailer), Sharlto Copley as king Stefan, Brenton Thwaites as prince Philip, Juno Temple as Thistlewit, Miranda Richardson as Fairy queen Ulla, Imelda Staunton as Knotgrass, Toby Regbo as young Stefan, Sam Riley will portray Diaval, a raven who changes into human form and is Maleficent’s right hand! Almost $200 million expensive movie is directed by Robert Sromberg who was Oscar winning art director of AVATAR and ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

42 comments:

  1. MALEFICENT looks MAGNIFICENT!
    too much coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, easy on the coffee, Dave, we don't want you over caffeinated :)

      Delete
  2. It just seems to wrong for MALEFICENT to be so stunningly beautiful, but I really like the twist they're putting on the tale. As for Miranda Richardson, I have a hard time looking at her and not seeing the Queen from Blackadder, but she is a very talented actress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beautiful, but rather evil :) A perfect match between the actress and the role.
      Oh, BLACKADDER... twas my fave show when I was a kid, especially the queen's crazy nanny and of course dearest Baldrick.

      Delete
  3. Angelina Jolie is playing a pure hearted young woman?????? WOW, she better pull out some serious acting skills 'cause that sure is a stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just in the youth, she later on becomes evil like true Angelina :)

      Delete
  4. Gawd yeah, that IS a terrible British accent, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was flabbergasted and deeply scandalized by it :)

      Delete
  5. Maleficent creeps me out but this film might be good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maleficent looks wonderful! I am really looking forward to seeing it. I think Angelina will be amazing. However, I am not thrilled with Elle playing aurora. She seems a little too young for the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, little too young and little too bad accent :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, I meant to say too that if you were interested in entering the NuNaturals giveaway, just type dezzy in the line on the raffle copter form that says name commented with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it out in the end, dear :) I hope I've managed to enter myself... I think it's the first time I see and international giveaway :)

      Delete
  8. I like the sound of some Napoleon shenanigans, not only once but twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and, after all, he was the emperor of shenanigans, wasn't he?

      Delete
  9. what who is she playing... is this the story of wicked, disney style?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pass for me on Disney movie.

    Happy Almost Weekend, Dezzy. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you have a relaxing one too, Ivy!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm going to be redoing the rest of the kitchen, hopefully. Gutting the insides of cabinets and the like. I rested yesterday though.

      PS: Yes, the soap does smell good. But not of flowers. More like the smell of a really good cleaner. I love it. I also love the Dawn with Olay, but that one was too high a price point for me to open my change purse.

      Delete
    3. we don't have Palmolive's cleaning products here, only the shower gels and handwashes but it does look lovely

      Delete
    4. I didn't know Palmolive made shower gels and handwashes. That's neat.

      Delete
    5. Shouldn't use Palmolive, Dezzy. Contains palm-oil, which is a threatening to orangutans and other vulnerable species, because they are De-foresting the animals habitat. Shocking :(

      Rant over. Sorry ... couldn't resist!

      Oh, Meleficent looks good :)

      Delete
    6. oh, that is horrible, Wendy. I do not use Palmolive and now I never will for sure!

      Delete
    7. Hope my fave Dove doesn't hurt doves in the making :)

      Delete
  11. Fantastic trailer Magnificent , i love it
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting concept for Malificent. The trailer looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that clip. I know you're not a fan of Jolie, but I like her very much. I think she'll be fantastic in that movie. Looking forward to seeing it. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is evil and loves to spin the facts and portray things as they are not. Someone who is not deep enough to take on deep issues, but she still does it.

      Delete
  14. Looking forward to both movies! But the Napoleon is a must buy for me, for my collection!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that you wargamers love Napoleon :)

      Delete
    2. I'm just a figure painter DEZ, not a wargamer. But I try to collect every book, film or TV serie about Napoleon. And I love the uniforms of that period in history! ;-)

      Greetings
      Peter

      Delete
    3. Did you like the legendary TV series on Napoleon with Armand Asante? I grew up with that one :)

      Delete
  15. I got scared watching the trailer for Maleficent ;)
    Looks awesome. Not sure if kids would like it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, definitelly not a film for kids, even though ebil Angelina said she accepted the role because of her kids....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.