Monday, August 8, 2022

JASON ISAACS TO LEAD CARY GRANT MINI TV SERIES ARCHIE! REAL LIFE ROYALTY LOUIS CUNNINGHAM WILL PLAY KING LOUIS XVI OF FRANCE IN MARIE ANTOINETTE EPIC SERIES ARRIVING THIS AUTUMN!

  JASON ISAACS TO LEAD 
CARY GRANT TV SERIES
ITV and Britbox have announced work on four part mini TV series on famous Cary Grant with Jason Isaacs in the lead role. ARCHIE (his real name was Archibald) will start with his birth in Bristol in 1904 and tell the story of a childhood spent in extreme poverty, dealing with his father’s adultery and the loss of older brother John. At 14, he joined music hall act the Bob Pender Troupe and moved to the U.S. and, soon after, Cary Grant was born. The show will intercut scenes from 1961 when, at the height of his fame, Grant was desperately unhappy in his private life after two failed marriages. Grant then began wooing TV star Dyan Cannon, who was 30 years his junior and didn’t immediately fall for his charms. He married her in 1965 and retired from film acting one year later. The series will first stream on ITVX.
 
MARIE ANTOINETTE SERIES 
LOUIS CUNNINGHAM IS HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS LOUIS XVI
As one of our spylings said we have a Fall of Queens ahead of us with lots of new shows about queens and empresses, including MARIE ANTOINETTE which
Louis Cunningham is real life royalty
should hit BBC 2 in November, Canal Plus in France probably in October and will also air on BBC One in Australia. The fun fact for today is that Louis Cunningham who will play Marie's husband King Louis XVI is in real life a grandson of prince Charles of Luxembourg! As Daily Mail writes, eight episode saga will follow incredibly modern and avant-garde young queen who was barely 14 years old when she left Austria to marry the Dauphin of France. Free, independent and feminist ahead of her time, the fearless queen will be played by Emilia Schüle. Beside her and Cunningham, who also starred in Bridgerton, the cast will also have James Purefoy, Marthe Keller and Gaia Weiss as Madame du Barry.

12 comments:

  1. I didn’t know Louis Cunningham was related to the Luxembourg Royal Family. In fact, I didn’t even know who he was. He’s only 24. His mother is Princess Charlotte was named after her grandmother Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg. You can like him, he’s not of Habsburg stock. Although his aunt Elizabeth was married to Franz Ferdinand’s grandson, and his great aunt Zita was the last Hapsburg empress. Sorry, but I’ll be on your back on that issue for a while LOL
    Have you noticed that every description of “queenly” biopics includes adjectives like “Independent” and “feminist?” Marie Antoinette was independent and a liberal/populist, but she was hardly a feminist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out this weekend myself, not that I have ever heard of Cunningham before LOL Yes, it is a ridiculous description far away from reality done for the sake of modern agenda. She was vain and superficial.

      Delete
    2. Well, I’ve known my quota of superficial feminists. I wouldn’t call MA superficial though, she read Rousseau, she was a patron of the arts and was very much into music. Of course, she was vain, compulsive gambler and a party animal. Most women that ae fortunate to have looks, money, and are on the spotlight are vain and frivolous, because they can. However, in her vanity she gave impulse to three industries that have made France famous: fashion design, perfume making and hairdressing.
      I love Jason Isaacs. He is one sexy Jew, but he ain’t Cary Grant.

      Delete
    3. He was close when he was very young, but I just watched him in Mrs Paris goes to Harris and he really got old, like really really, but maybe he plays old Cary and someone will play him in younger days? I think better suit for Grant would be that Australian guy that played in Operation Buffalo Ewan Leslie or something.

      Delete
    4. Yes, he has to play old Cary in 1961. Funny, I developed a crush on Cary in 1965 (I was five years old) after seeing him in “Father Goose” (1964). Ten years later, I met him on the flesh when he visited the UN school (I think he was looking for a school for his little girl). He was wearing dark glasses and his hair was totally white, but he was dashing and very distinguished.

      Delete
    5. I've never seen him with a white hair! I always mix up him and Gregory Peck.

      Delete
    6. GP was taller, thinner, and younger, but Cary was debonair, and Greg was just plain sexy. I’m posting on your Messenger a picture of CG with white hair. It’s the day I met him, I found it in the UNIS 1976 Yearbook

      Delete
    7. Oh, me was not even born then LOL My fave of those old actors were Peter Ustinov and David Niven.

      Delete
  2. Ohh a royal Fall? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dragon and elven queens in House of the Dragon and Rings of Power, Medici in Serpent Queen, Marie Antoinette, Sisi in Netflix series Empress this September etc.

      Delete
  3. I admit, I don't know much about Cary Grant, so I'll be interested in watching the miniseries. I'm all about limited runs and mini series these days instead of drawn out seasons of shows and long movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a long series in years, methinks, even Star Trek are these days shot in ten episodes, sadly.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.