Thursday, August 25, 2022

SEE NEW PHOTOS OF LESLEY MANVILLE & PALOMA FAITH IN STARZ NEW DANGEROUS LIAISONS COSTUME TV DRAMA! HAGEN EPIC TV SERIES AND FILM BASED ON THE NIBELUNG SAGA! SEE CONNOR SWINDELLS, DOMINIC WEST, JACK O'CONNELL, ALFIE ALLEN IN ROGUE HEROES TV SERIES TEASER

 ROGUE HEROES TRAILER 
HAS ARRIVED FROM EPIX
It will arrive to Epix and BBC sometime this fall but before they announced the exact date, we have the first teaser for Jack O'Connell, Connor Swindells, Dominic West, Sofia Boutella, Alfie Allen series ROGUE HEROES. The six-part drama is based on Ben Macintyre's SAS: Rogue Heroes book, which charts the creation of the famed Special Forces unit.
 
HAGEN EPIC SERIES 
AND MOVIE COMING UP
A couple of years ago I informed you about this one and now the shooting is finally starting this September: production company Constantin and
The project will shoot in Germany and Prague
TV broadcaster RTL are planning an elaborate film and six part series adaptation of HAGEN von Tronje novel by Wolfgang Hohlbein which combines the Nibelung saga with elements from other myths following Hagen von Tronje, the dark warrior of the Nibelung saga, now a lonely hero, and the radiant Siegfried, now an unscrupulous upstart, a representative of an authoritarian form of government, supported by a new religion, Christianity. Martin Moszkowicz and Oliver Berben are the executive producers.

  STARZ' DANGEROUS LIAISONS 
SEE THE BRAND NEW IMAGES
After the first, not overly promising trailer last week, Starz has unveiled today new images via Radio Times from their eight part TV series version of
The series arrives this November
DANGEROUS LIAISONS which willarrive November 6th starring Alice Englert, Nicholas Denton, Lesley Manville, and Tom Wlaschiha. New images reveal more of Lesley Manville and British singer Paloma Faith, who plays Florence de Regnier!
 
  THE NEW SERIES  
is a bold prelude of Laclos’ classic 18th century novel focusing on the origin story of how his iconic characters, the Marquise de Merteuil and the Vicomte de Valmont, met as passionate young lovers in Paris on the eve of the revolution. This modern take on a classic story takes audiences through wonder and terror, beauty and degradation, seduction and deception in pre-revolutionary Paris. Driven to right the wrongs of their past, the young couple’s survival depends on their skills of seduction and manipulation of not only the French nobility but of each other. Alice Englert and Nicholas Denton portray the notorious lovers: Camille who is taken in by the current Marquise de Merteuil (Lesley Manville) navigates her own path in a world of men, using the power of secrets to take back control, and Valmont who will stop at nothing to regain his title that was recently taken from him. Their on- again off-again love story is the heart of the series. It’s not love… it’s war. I must admit those two youngsters look terribly dull and miscast to me, no passion nor talent in them.

26 comments:

  1. I feel this is going to be like "Harlots", that was never gripping enough, and presented characters that didn't move me. Feeling sorry for Merteuil or liking her is out of the question. iT didn't even happen with Sarah MIchelle Geller in Cruel Intentions where tey tried to humanize her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harlots were fun at times, sometimes dreary, sometimes lively, but I did like a lot of the hunks from the cast. I thought the ending was stupid, though, as Lydia West did not deserve to be saved from Bedlam.

      Delete
  2. The costumes look cheap and boring too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I reckon we will soon get a trailer and a poster for it from BBC too.

      Delete
  4. Not sure any of these are for me but at least there are some new things coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted this message early today, but it got lost. Let’s see if it shows up now that I have disabled the ad-blocker.
    I saw the Rogue ad in TV Guide. I’m glad it goes in EpIX, I have a hunch I won’t like it. On the subject of Dangerous, I feel it’s going to be like “Harlots” never gripping enough, characters to which I cannot relate. Merteuil is a pig, there is no way I can sympathize with her. Not even in Cruel Intentions where they tried to humanize her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my comments are monitored, so they do not appear before I approve them, but yours are never sent to me for approval, so I have to check manually the comments section at our dashboard a few times a day.

      Delete
    2. I know you monitor every coment, but eight hours had gone by and it didn't appear and you had approved others. So I tried disabling the ad-blocker. I'm not doing it for this one, since it seems it doesn't make a difference. I wonder why my posts don't get to you. Thank you for your sleuthing.

      Delete
    3. It is possible it happened during night here, and other comments were sent to me to my gmail for approval and publishing but yours I never get there so I have to check the comment box here at our dashboard, but since I need to refresh the page to see new comments waiting for moderation I do it a few times a day but sometimes forget to do it in the evenings when I am tired. This is why sometimes you will see other comments published but yours not. You and Mary above have some problem with your blogs and people don't get notifications about your comments and blogs through email. Even my blogroll here, The Spy's Ladies, is set to roll the blogs with the freshest posts and yet it always keeps yours at the bottom. Must be your blogtergaist LOL

      Delete
    4. You still have that pop up at your place popping up constantly. We must find you a programme that cleans websites from viruses and such shite. I know there is a site that does that but I forgot the name.

      Delete
    5. And it is interesting that Blogger will even send notification about my own responses to your comments to my email, but not about your new comments, It is very weird, a mystery indeed.

      Delete
    6. I algo get it. It never opens because I exit immediately, but then I receive a Norton warning that they stopped a malicious attack. I also get it when I come here. Once I click on your site on my blogroll, or when I look for something in your blogroll. Blogger is a mystery, because they warned me, I wouldn’t receive comments in my e-mail. I still get every comment for my entries and for yours (once I click on “notify me”). I even get the ones people have erased.

      Delete
    7. It probably follows you around as you are the only one to ever report it at my place and I would see it too since I see it at your place. Blogger is really strange or they deem you a KBG spy or something LOL It is possible because you have had many blogs and commented a lot on them and your visitors' places, that they deem you a spammer or suspicious. They will send my sister Theresa to spam box when she leaves a number of comments in a short time.

      Delete
    8. Please Bro! I may be a spyling, but…in any case, a Mossad, never a KGB. Although with my penchant for Russian series I might have upset some algorithm out there. Jokes aside, I do own half a dozen blogs, with three currently in active status and it could be hard to understand that an old, infirm, recluse cat needs some entertainment to enliven her dreary existence.

      Delete
    9. I was gonna say Mossad but forgot the name of your secret service at the moment LOL

      Delete
  6. Jason will like Rogue Heroes. I will have to tell him about that one. Come October, he will be taking over some of my travel work duties, so he'll need something to watch in the hotels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are branching? LOL Or will you look after the manufacture and he will be the travelling salesman LOL

      Delete
    2. He will be my salesman. I hate the set up and tear down process and dealing with people in person all day every weekend. I'd rather be home in my office creating instead of having to be fake nice while selling my wares LOL

      Delete
    3. So practical to be sending Jason out in the field LOL Do they trust him as much as they trust you as the salesman?

      Delete
    4. No, he's not as good as I am, but I trust my products to sell themselves, so it doesn't matter if it's me or him. Jenn and I provide entertainment when you come to our section (she books the same events I do) so it's a bit dull when I'm not there. We're freaking hilarious together. I've looked at his set up before and though WTF was he thinking, but I've learned to shut my mouth as long as the money is coming in. He loves being out and socializing and being on the road. I just want to be home with my pets and snacks and tea and away from the cootie infested people LMAO.

      Delete
    5. And infestation is coming back big time! Real or not.

      Delete
  7. The wigs make me laugh! I don't think I could take it seriously with those wigs!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.