Saturday, April 11, 2020

A NEW VERSION OF NIBELUNG SAGA IN THE CONSTANTIN FILM'S TV SERIES ADAPTATION OF FAMOUS EPIC FANTASY NOVEL HAGEN OF TRONJE!

    'HAGEN OF TRONJE'
TO BECOME EPIC TV SERIES
We've seen  a lot of international English language epic series produced by France, Italy, Russia in recent years, and now Germany is joining them as their Constantin Film will make an epic movie and a six part TV series
Cyrill Boss and Philipp Stennert are set to direct
(produced by David Wnendt) based on Wolfgang Hohlbein's popular 1986 novel HAGEN OF TRONJE (Hagen von Tronje), a Nibelung saga adventure filled with dragons, dwarfs and magic which served as an inspiration even for J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

Hagen From Tronje follows Hagen, a lonely, dark hero, and famous mythical hero Siegfried von Xanten, most radiant of them all, dragon slayer and ruler of the Nibelungen. But Hohlbein's novel turns upside down the well known constellation of the Nibelungen saga, in which Siegfried is the dazzling hero and Hagen is a traitor who uncovers the secret of Siegfried's only physical vulnerability and ends up murdering him insidiously! Here Hagen is a lonely hero, the last Viking to be closely related to the old gods, while Siegfried is an unscrupulous upstart. These new versions of them fight in the novel for power and love.

14 comments:

  1. An interesting new interpretation of the traditional Hagen/Siegfried personas! I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to read/see either the book or the series in translation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the book hasn't been translated into English, but I'm not sure.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't sound like it's one for me, but I guess you can't win them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you have against brave knights in shiny armours?

      Delete
    2. Nothing, but I never could get into LOTR and if that was modeled on this, I predict the same mind wandering that I did with the Tolkien work.

      Delete
    3. I don't know why you did not like LOTR it is such a lovely and rich fairy tale.

      Delete
    4. My mind just can't focus on that long of a saga. I've started the movies 2 or 3 times now and always fall asleep within the first hour. I would probably do better with the books.

      Delete
    5. It must be the hobbits, they are deeply annoying, I just love elves in it. But Peter Jackson is a hobbit himself and loves to give them more screentime, I guess.

      Delete
  3. If this is anything like The Lord of the Rings, it has to be great!! The Hobbit was one of my favorite books as a young teen. Anything with adventure and mystical creatures sucked me right in. All that it was missing was a damsel in distress and an epic romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch A NEVERENDING STORY, Germany's biggest epic adventure ever, it was from the 80s.

      Delete
  4. I'm not interested in stories from that century, much more into this one, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're not an escapist like moiself.

      Delete
    2. Haha, exactly! If there's a lot of masculine, muscled eye-candy, however... ;)

      Delete
    3. Germans do have gorgeous hunks.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.