Thursday, April 16, 2020

FIRST TEASER FOR AIDAN TURNER'S NEW EPIC TV SERIES ON FAMOUS LEONARDO DA VINCI IS HERE!

    'LEONARDO' EPIC SERIES
AIDAN TURNER AS LEGENDARY PAINTER AND INVENTOR
Big Light Productions has released the first teaser for their new historical TV series LEONARDO for Italian RAI in which Aidan Turner plays the famous painter. The eight-part limited series will tell the incredible
The series is created by Medici producer Frank Spotnitz and will air sometime next year portraying Leonardo as openly gay
true story of the definitive ‘Renaissance man’. Born the illegitimate son of a notary in the rural town of Vinci, Leonardo’s lonely childhood leaves him with a relentless, near-superhuman drive to understand everything. Under
The series also stars James D'Arcy as Ludovico Sforza and Max Bennet as Cesare Borgia with Giancarlo Gianninni  as famous Verrocchio
questioning by a Milanese investigator (Freddie Highmore) who holds Leonardo’s life in his hands, we come to see the terrible personal sacrifice that led him to create masterpieces that changed the way we see the world forever.

14 comments:

  1. Not my thing, I'll pass on this one. I did love Freddie Highmore in the amazing TV show Bates Motel, though! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do know Leo will be portrayed as openly gay in this one? :)

      Delete
  2. When we were in Italy, we went to the tiny village of Vinci to see the house where Leonardo was born. Glad to read he'll be accurately portrayed as gay in this new series. Enough straight-washing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how the series was originally announced, I hope they will stick to it, but I don't think they will focus on it. Even in Da Vinci's Demons I remember Leo had a hot gay fling with a young guy and then Tom Riley played a gay fashion designer in The Collection period set series too.

      Delete
  3. I am definitely curious to learn more about him, his past, his demons, his journey as a genius. I remember visiting the place where he lived during the last years of his life in Amboise, Loire Valley in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the series won't disappoint us, I wish they changed Aidan a bit, he always looks the same in all roles and he already played a painter in Desperate Romantics, he is not a very versatile actor so he needed a beard or shorter hair.

      Delete
  4. I think my comments disappeared and you have weird advertisements in between the comments that lingered. It’s the first I’ve seen this on your page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I turned on automatic ads on my GoogleAds accoun t to increase my revenue. Instead of complaining, missy, you should sometimes click on ads to feed poor Dezzy LOL

      Delete
    2. Lol! I’m convinced they ate my original comment so the ads didn’t like me very much. It’s much better on a computer, but on my cell phone, one Disney ad wouldn’t even let me scroll!

      Delete
    3. I don't like the sound of that, they said these ads are mobile friendly. I've no say in it, Google decides where to place them so that they would be more visible. Keep me informed if it continues bothering you like that.

      Delete
  5. We've been hearing about this one for ages and now you're telling me it won't air until next year!? Get a move on with it already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't, sadly, Italians currently have Medici starting May 1st on Netflix. But I already watched it.

      Delete
  6. Am impressed by the music used in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.