Friday, February 14, 2014

SIENNA MILLER IN JANE AUSTEN ADAPTATION OF 'LADY SUSAN'! 'MAKE YOUR MOVE' BEAUTIFUL TRAILER WITH DEREK HOUGH & BOA! 'TAMMY' COMEDY TRAILER WITH MELISSA MCCARTHY, SUSAN SARANDON

SIENNA MILLER IS LADY SUSAN
IN JANE AUSTEN'S 'LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP'
Digital Spy reports that British actress Sienna Miller will take the lead role in the new adaptation of a Jane Austen novel. Her book LADY SUSAN will get a big screen adaptation titled LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP. The comedy drama will be directed by Whit Stillman and will see Sienna playing Lady Susan, a widow who searches for a husband for herself and one for her daughter. The cast will also include Chloe Sevigny. The movie is to be shot in Irish countryside this summer.

DEZZY'S LITERATURE LESSON
LADY SUSAN is actually a short epistolary novel. It was published almost a hundred years after it was written because Jane Austen never really submitted it for publication.  All of Lady Susan's suitors in the novel are younger than her which is unusual for Austen who usually liked to marry off her characters to older men.

MAKE YOUR MOVE TRAILER 
WITH DEREK HOUGH AND BOA
Two trailers for you today, starting with a beautiful one for dance romantic drama MAKE YOUR MOVE which will move into theatres this March starring ballroom dancer Derek Hough, pop singer BoA and Will Yun Lee as a pair of star-crossed dancers in New York who find themselves at the centre of a bitter rivalry between their brothers' underground dance clubs. Filled with truly beautiful and breathtaking choreographies the film was directed by Duane Adler who wrote legendary dance movies SAVE THE LAST DANCE and STEP UP.



TAMMY COMEDY TRAILER 
 WITH MELISSA MCCARTHY
And we're ending the working week with the first trailer for TAMMY comedy starring Melissa McCarthy! Coming to cinemas this July it follows Tammy (Melissa McCarthy) who is having a bad day. She's totaled her clunker car, gotten fired from her thankless job at a greasy burger joint, and instead of finding comfort at home, finds her husband getting comfortable with the neighbour in her own house. It's time to take her boom box and book it. The bad news is she's broke and without wheels. The worse news is her grandma, Pearl (Susan Sarandon), is her only option-with a car, cash, and an itch to see Niagara Falls. Not exactly the escape Tammy had in mind. But on the road, with grandma riding shotgun, it may be just what Tammy needs.

36 comments:

  1. I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan, but I do like Susan Sarandon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's losing me as a fan too, Dave, she's becoming too crude and rude in her humour and keeps repeating herself.

      Delete
    2. You must be psychic because you read my mind. :)

      Delete
    3. I do have special powers, you know... seriously :)

      Delete
    4. I'm not a big Melissa McCarthy fan either, oh 'special one' :)

      Delete
    5. yep, most of us are a bit disappointed with the direction she took after GILMORE GIRLS

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's some cool dancing. Seduction by dance, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love us good dance movies, always so fun, inspiring and lovely to watch. STEP UP is one of my all time fave franchises!

      Delete
    2. We do like Step Up don't we darling. All dance is seduction if done correctly.

      Delete
    3. we do, dear, nothing warms my heart more than STEP UP movies, and I especially enjoyed the last one STEP UP REVOLUTION which had the most amazing choreographies ever seen on film

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of Lady Susan before. Thanks for the lesson on that. :)

    And I still crack up at Melissa McCarthy, but you're right, she is starting to repeat herself in the same role over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, but you know how much I don't love Austen :)
      Yep, and somehow I think that her way of humour is becoming offensive to all the overweight people too, you know, the way she has to be rudely goofy instead of having a classy humour

      Delete
  4. I agree with you, Dez, about Melissa McCarthy but Lady Susan looks delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like apple? I do like apple? Okay, I enjoyed that bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making an apple dessert for a friend this weekend :)

      Delete
    2. Yum. Apples are so much fun to make into a dessert. What did you make?

      Delete
    3. an apple cream (apples boiled with sugar and than instant vanilla pudding mixed into it) served in a fancy tall glass with whipped cream on top.

      Delete
    4. It is, and very refreshing and low caloric :)

      Delete
  6. I'd like Make your Move. I enjoy watching intricate dance choreography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such movies are so enriching and enchanting and there is something noble about them

      Delete
    2. I just said what you and David just said. I think we're on to something.

      Delete
  7. The problem with Melissa McCarthy is that all of her characters are the exact same. Eventually, people are going to grow tired of seeing the same thing over and over. On the other hand, maybe not. She is a funny woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you recall Jim Carrey did the same type of comedy for about ten years and than he disappeared because everybody grew tired of it, maybe the same will happen to Melissa.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. He is one of your most famous dancers, even I heard about him :)

      Delete
  9. Holy Christ, that picture of Sienna Miller scared the shit out of me. The first thing I thought of was "Dinosaur, flee, flee" The look in her eyes and those crazy feathers make her look like a deadly raptor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it is a pretty dress, still, isn't it? I think that the position of her body is a bit strange, the dress is a work of art :)

      Delete
  10. My Rare One and I love Melissa McCarthy. I'm sure we'll laugh like hyenas all the way through this one!

    Happy Valentines Day, Dezzy! Hugs 'n kisses to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kisses, Debs! Hope you and the Rare one had a nice Valentines :)

      Delete
  11. I really wish Melissa would get better roles. She certainly has talent. I'm just so sick of this same old same old she keeps dragging herself into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I hope she wakes up soon from it all

      Delete
  12. Tammy looks hilarious. She drove me crazy in the film Identity Thief. She was soo good in the role I ended up hating and loving her in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is interesting that TAMMY is directed by Melissa's husband :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.