Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"WRITERS" TRAILER WITH GREG KINNEAR, LILY COLLINS, KRISTEN BELL! PAUL WALKER'S "HOURS" TRAILER! CHRISTINA RICCI IS "GIRLFRIEND IN COMA"! TOMAS KRETSCHMANN & OLIVER JACKSON COHEN JOIN "DRACULA"! DOUGLAS BOOTH IN "JUPITER ASCENDING"

 Two trailers for you, people, that I didn't get to post over the weekend. The first one is for Paul Walker's exciting action drama HOURS. Coming out later
 this year, the film will see Paul Walker starring in the harrowing tale as a man whose first child was born just before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. Although the hospital is evacuated, he is told to stay with his baby, who is on a ventilator. When the power goes out and the flood waters start to rise, this new father must do whatever it takes to keep them both alive. As you can see from the trailer, he will go through some extremely disturbing and touching twists and plots in order to save his child! This is a directorial debut of Eric Heisserer who penned the scripts for THE THING, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and FINAL DESTINATION 5!

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
In today's short Hollywood news, young heartthrob Douglas Booth, whom you will watch later this year in ROMEO AND JULIET and in Russell Crowe's sf epic NOAH, has joined the already gorgeous cast
 of another sf epic JUPITER ASCENDING. Starring Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Eddie Redmayne and Sean Bean, the story is set in a future where humans are considered the lowest form of life in the universe. Channing Tatum is a bounty hunter who is ordered to kill an Earth woman (Mila Kunis) because of her resemblance to the Queen of the Universe. And it seems that after PAN AM, Christina Ricci will return to TV: according to "THR" she will play the lead in NBC comedy GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA as Karen, who after almost two decades, wakes up from a coma to find out she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold. After MERLIN's Katie McGrath, ARROW's 
Jessica DeGouw and Irish star Victoria Smurfit have joined NBC's upcoming DRACULA show lead by Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the lead role, they have now found Van Helsing in German star Tomas Kretschmann whose Van Helsing will be a brilliant professor with a cool exterior who is obsessed with revenge and makes him more of a threat to the public than to Dracula. Dashing Oliver Jackson Cohen, whom we've seen recently in WORLD WITHOUT END series, has also joined DRACULA and will play Jonathan Harker, a tenacious journalist desperate to climb the ranks of aristocracy and stay there!

WRITERS TRAILER
And the first trailer has been unveiled for this year's comedy drama WRITERS! The cast pf the ensemble comedy is lead by always delightful Greg Kinnear in the story which revolves around an
 acclaimed writer, his ex-wife, and their teenaged children who come to terms with the complexities of love in all its forms over the course of one tumultuous year! The rest of the cast also included some gorgeous  
ladies sweet Lily Collins from MIRROR MIRROR and Kristen Bell. Young Logan Lerman and Jennifer Connelly are also in the film! The tagline is "every life needs a rewrite"!

42 comments:

  1. Love writing movies, but I probably won't go see that one. But I might catch it on NetFlix sometime.

    Thanks for the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back from the market with unsalted cashews. Those are my favorite because they are so nummy. Well, my MOST favorite is raw cashews because then I get to roast them at home and make the kitchen smell fantastic.

      Delete
    2. I've never had cashews, they're extremely expensive here, as are most other nuts, so expensive that I can usually make three vanilla or chocolate cakes for the price I would need for just one hazelnut cake :( So, I can only afford peanuts, but I like peanuts so that's fine :) And I also never buy them salted but raw.

      Delete
    3. Love buying raw peanuts and roasting them at home. Such a nice smell as well.

      The price goes up and down here. Sometimes I can snag a good price for raw cashews, other times not so much.

      Today, the only raw ones looked horrible. So I went with an unsalted regular.

      That stinks that they are always high-priced on your end. Bummer.

      Delete
    4. cashews are so exotic and expensive here that we only have them in very small bags of 100g. The same goes for most of the fruit like pineapple, mango, avocado.... we rarely have them and when we do they're expensive as if made of gold :) This is why I've never actually tried raw pineapple, and I've tried mango for the first time last year :)
      Life is much cheaper in richer countries no matter how illogical that sounds. When I was a kid things like coca cola were like a champaigne to me, and it is something that most people in the West take for granted.
      But I've learned to appreciate the value of food this way, and this is why I never throw anything nor waste food. I always have poor Somalian kids in mind.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm Paul Walker.

    Let me say that again.

    Mmmm Paul Walker.

    Dayumm. I love the wetness of that photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. google his Davidoff photos and you will find more of those :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the trailers. Both look like good movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New role for Douglas! I'm really happy for him :) he is a good actor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy... is that crazy... and crazy not in a good way... baaaahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhh, a Paul Walker day. Thank you for that. :)) And the film looks kind of good too! I have no idea what the rest of the post was about...something about writers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look great. I love Paul Walker and Kristin Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really quite fond of Greg Kinnear. As he got older, he got better. My internet provider is having problems and I keep losing my signal so this is short.

    In other news, the Prada wearing Pope is stepping down. I'll be glad to see the backside of that evil fecker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already organized a crazy party to celebrate the end of the evil Pope, dahlink, you is coming, yes? At the Shenanigans Pub.... all the cardinals and bishops will be there and we shall poke fun with them :)

      Delete
  9. Dez, have you seen the trailer for "Hansel & Gretel Get Baked"? What do you think of that one? Or did you already post about it and I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they get baked? I didn't know they get baked....

      Delete
    2. You need to check it out. In this version, they, happen to be potheads.

      Delete
  10. Hours looks great, but I'm such a wuss, someone has to tell me if the baby is okay. Surely they would evacuate babies??? They don't even take up much room!

    I will however watch Writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, in reality babies don't always get saved :( I can tell you the example of the dozens of prematurely born babies in Serbian Sarajevo who died during the war in the 90s because the Americans held embargo and wouldn't allow for oxygen and other things to be brought to the babies :( Such things happen in cruel world :(

      Delete
  11. Writers is funny but seriously, are there any writers like that? Well, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those blue eyes of Paul Walker remind me of another Paul - Paul Newman :))) So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, yes, Newman was a big hunk back in his days.

      Delete
  13. Hours and Writers. Two very different movies, but both look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the update. Looks like some good stuff coming out. Very interested in Dracula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be a really great new show! The cast is lovely

      Delete
  15. WRITERS another great movie Dezmond
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sad to read about Paul's death ~ But I love the trailer, so funny ~ I must check it out ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you mean THE WRITERS trailer, not Paul's trailer

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.