Saturday, October 30, 2021

BREAKING NEWS: SEE JACK O'CONNELL, CONNOR SWINDELLS, ALFIE ALLEN, DOMINIC WEST IN 1ST PICS FROM SAS: ROGUE HEROES BBC SERIES! JOSH O'CONNOR, PAUL MESCAL IN WW1 SET GAY ROMANCE HISTORY OF SOUND

  SAS: ROGUE HEROES 
1ST PHOTOS FROM BBC SERIES 
BBC has unveiled first photos from their upcoming new period set series SAS: ROGUE HEROES revealing Connor Swindells, Jack O'Connell,
SAS: Rogue Heroes will air sometime next year on BBC
Alfie Allen, in uniforms alongside Dominic West and Sofia Boutella. Coming from Steven Knight, the six part drama will arrive to British
Jack O'Connell brings yet another amazing performance
national broadcaster sometime next year. Filmed on location in the UK and Morocco, it is the dramatised account of how the world’s greatest Special
Connor Swindells is the lead star of the new series
Forces unit, the SAS, was formed under extraordinary circumstances in the darkest days of World War Two.
SAS: ROGUE HEROES SERIES
Rich with action and set-pieces, SAS: Rogue Heroes is the exhilarating story of renegade men taking monumental risks in extraordinary circumstances. Cairo,
Alfie Alen plays one of the three male lead roles
1941. David Stirling (Connor Swindells) - an eccentric young officer, hospitalised after a training exercise went wrong - is bored. Convinced that
Dominic West also stars in the new BBC show
traditional commando units don’t work, he creates a radical plan that flies in the face of all accepted rules of modern warfare. He fights for permission to
The series will air in six hourlong episodes
recruit the toughest, boldest and brightest soldiers for a small undercover unit that will create mayhem behind enemy lines. More rebels than soldiers,
Sofia Boutella takes the lead female role in the series
Stirling’s team are every bit as complicated, flawed and reckless as they are astonishingly brave and heroic.

 THE HISTORY OF SOUND 
SENDS JOSH O'CONNOR AND PAUL MESCAL TO WW1
Speaking of war, Deadline reports that Josh O'Connor and Paul Mescal will lead WW1 gay romance THE HISTORY OF SOUND about Lionel (Mescal) and David (O’Connor), who, during World War I set out to
Paul Mescal and Josh O'Connor will start shooting next summer
record the lives, voices and music of their American countrymen. In this snatched, short-lived moment in their young lives, and while discovering the epic sweep of the U.S., both men are deeply changed.

23 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this... let’s hope they stick to the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men in uniform! WWII series! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do ever so love me Jack O Connell and it is interesting seeing Swindels getting a lead role. Alfie is his usual mischievous self. Do not like Boutella, but guess we cannot be choosers.

      Delete
  3. These films are about the WW. Series but not attract me but my husband love it. Bye the way, Moracco has really great places to war scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many movies about WWII lately. Jason will be pleased. It will give him something to do while I'm off doing my own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy some of wwII films and series...hope this one is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, BBC hasn't had anything good in years.

      Delete
    2. Indeed, BBC has become a provider of mediocre series. As you’ve pointed out in the past, all they care is to be woke. Now, in this North African milieu they can be all the woke they want provided they don’t have a Black Montgomery or a Filipino portraying Rommel. Will it be historically accurate? I doubt it. They rely on the viewer’s ignorance and for once they’re right. Hey, after having a British tank wandering in a Polish forest in 1939, in World on Fire, they can get away with murder.

      Delete
    3. I think the downfall begun some five years ago when the new boss was appointed who launched his reign, if you remember, with a number of three episode series orders (and all were terrible from Woman in White to Last Song and Black Narcissus and War of the Worlds) and some really other ones (His Dark Materials for example), after that the wokeness started as well and that was the brutal murder of BBC. If they haven't had Bodyguard and Capture, they wouldn't have anything to brag about in years now.

      Delete
    4. This is going to be an ongoing conversation because the subject perplexes me. You pinpoint the exact moment when British period drama went under (2018) , but I feel it was before. I’m talking about anything produced in the UK, this goes from BBC Studios, ITV, BritBox to Starz and the horror Amazon has done with Agatha Christie’s novels. Sure, there was good stuff like Downton, Poldark, even Victoria, but then they have great promises that turned just awful like The Halcyon or Close to the Enemy.
      I liked The Woman in White, I didn’t bother to watch Last Song, Black Narcissus was a bad copy of the original and I won’t touch The War of the Worlds.

      Delete
    5. Halcyon wasn't good, but I did like the story between the son and the Indian servant, they were so cute. I already sense that Tom Jones will be a Flop Jones given the terrible casting. ITV just wants to destroy itself it seems. Very soon we will only have cop shows in UK. I expect 80 Days around the world will be a flopitty flop too and yet they keep casting him in so many new shows as if he attracts any audience. I've seen that Maria Theresia, that awful series, is arriving to PBS channel on Amazon this month.

      Delete
    6. I’ve been meaning to watch Maria Theresia for quite some time, but couldn’t find a version with English subt. Why didn’t you like it? Is it the acting? The script? The historical content?

      Delete
    7. You have it with subs on that German Period Drama channel on YouTube with other German translated series. Everything was bad in it, the actress, the script, it was kinda like a comedy although I don't think they wanted it to be but I did watch both seasons. She was the empress of my city and gave us the free city title so we have to respect her LOL My city was at some point even called Maria Theresiopolis or something like that.

      Delete
  6. These both seem ok today, but I'm still on the hunt for lighthearted and sweet. I may even confess to you, I started watching Gilmour Girls again because I can't seem to find anything new that fits what I want right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started rewatching that one with Allison this month too! She told me she thought it looked stupid when I suggested it, and now she’s hooked lol

      Delete
    2. Oh, how sorely disappointed she will be when you come to these two last return episodes that they shot two years ago, I couldn't believe they turned Rory into a disgusting coldhearted hoe of hoes.

      Delete
    3. Do you squeal every time you see Jared Padalecki?? I do (any my daughter cracks up every time).. LOL

      I didn't see the return episodes. Were they that bad!

      Delete
    4. Dean was my fave, and that blonde guy which came later on, I never liked Jessy.
      The return episodes you should never see NEVER, do you hear me?

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.