Wednesday, October 6, 2021

SF TUESDAY: LE GUIN'S DISPOSSESSED TO BECOME SF TV SERIES! WARNING SF TRAILER WITH ALEX PETTYFER, THOMAS JANE, RUPERT EVERETT, PATRICK SCHWARZENEGGER, ALICE EVE! ENCOUNTER SF TRAILER WITH RIZ AHMED, OCTAVIA SPENCER

 LE GUIN'S THE DISPOSSESSED 
TO BECOME SF TV SERIES 
As Variety reports, 1212 Entertainment and Anonymous Content are set to turn Ursula Le Guin's sf novel THE DISPOSSESSED into sf tv series. It tells
Le Guin's book will become TV series
the story of the twin planets of Anarres and Urras, which remain divided by centuries of fear and distrust. The utopian colony on Anarres has long been isolated from its mother planet Urras, a civilization of warring nations, great poverty, and immense wealth. On Anarres, a brilliant physicist has developed a theory that overcomes the limitations of time and distance, altering the understanding of space itself. This theory has the potential to radically change these two worlds and their place in the wider universe, but in order to prove it, he must travel to Urras and attempt to tear down the walls that have kept the two civilizations apart for generations.

 ENCOUNTER SF TRAILER 
ITS FATHER VS ALIEN PARASITES
Encounter hits Amazon December 10th
In other sf news today, check out the trailer for Octavia Spencer and Riz Ahmed's sf movie ENCOUNTER. Hitting Amazon Prime Video on December 10th (with a limited cinematic release a week before that), it sees Riz playing a decorated Marine who goes on a rescue mission to save his two young sons from an unhuman threat. As their journey takes them in increasingly dangerous directions, the boys will need to leave their childhoods behind. The film, which premiered at Toronto Film Festival this year, was directed by Michael Pearce and also stars Rory Cochrane. Check out the trailer below:
 

 WARNING SF MOVIE TRAILER 
WITH THOMAS JANE, ALEX PETTYFER, RUPERT EVERETT
And it really is a stellar ensemble as beside Thomas Jane, Alex Pettyfer and Rupert Everett, WARNING also features Patrick Schwarzenegger,
Warning is out later this month
Alice Eve and Annabelle Wallis. Set in the not too distant future, this intense sci-fi thriller explores the repercussions that humanity faces when omniscient technology becomes a substitute for human contact. But life begins to unravel when a global storm causes electronics to go haywire, leading to terrifying, deadly consequences! The film, directed by Agata Alexander in her directing debut after helming music videos, will hit selected theatres and video on demand October 22nd.

18 comments:

  1. I don't think any of these are for me today. I'm not the biggest fan of SF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me sf myself, but I'm a great escapist.

      Delete
    2. Have you ever watched Stranger Thins? My husband is watching the series now and I ended up watching it with him. It's the most SF thing I've watched since Lost.

      Delete
    3. No, I find the kids in it horrible LOL

      Delete
  2. Encounter and Warning both sound good to me but I like these kinds of movies and shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning has such an interesting and rather gorgeous cast of blond gods and goddesses :)

      Delete
  3. Encounter looks interesting. Lots of Sci-Fi things coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially Our teenagers are fun of SF kind of films.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm torn on Encounter. You know I'm not a SF fan, but I love me some Octavia Spencer, so I may have to bit the bullet and give that one a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she does not have a big role in it. I think she just switched agents in Hollywood recently.

      Delete
    2. Then that settles it. I'll be passing on it. I hope her new agent gets her lots of good roles!

      Delete
    3. Well, she is black which means she has roles guaranteed in Hollywoke. I usually like her, but I don't like Viola Davis who appeared somewhere at the same time, methinks. I think she and Mahershala Ali are overrated just like Denzel Washington who is always mediocre IMHO.

      Delete
    4. Oh I so agree on Denzel Washington. He tends to fall SO FLAT in everything I've ever seen him in. I don't get the obsession with Will Smith either. He has no range.
      I have nothing against Viola Davis. I don't think I've seen her in many things though to really cast judgement on her acting skills. Probably just The Help and I really loved that movie.

      Delete
    5. She is now shooting a movie on some African queen!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.