Sunday, October 24, 2021

HUGO BECKER IS KING HENRY II, GERARD DEPARDIEU NOSTRADAMUS IN ISABELLE ADJANI'S DIANE DE POITIERS HISTORICAL TV SERIES ON FAMOUS ROYAL COURTESAN

  DIANE DE POITIERS SERIES 
FINDS NEW KING OF FRANCE
It was supposed to be Nicolas Duvauchelle sitting on the French throne, but as the production is about to start next week, DIANE DE POITIERS
Hugo Becker is king Henry II in the new series
historical mini series has cast gorgeous Hugo Becker as Henry II, but you won't see us complaining as he is known as Jamie Dornan of France. With Isabelle Adjani playing his older lover Diane, the two 90 minute part series has also cast Gerard Depardieu as Nostradamus! Gaia Girace is queen Catherine de Medici, Samuel Labarthe will play François 1st. Virginie Ledoyen will be Anne de Isseleu and Marguerite de Navarre will be played by Jeanne Balibar. The series will air next year on France 2.
 OFFICIAL PLOT
Won't Henry's marriage to Catherine de Medici definitively compromise the dreams of his much older lover Diana, who does not hesitate to compare herself to the goddess Artemis? Can the great Nostradamus himself predict Diana's future? Can a simple courtesan escape the suspicions of the Inquisition, which relentlessly hunts down
First look at Isabelle Adjani in the costume of Diane de Poitiers
Protestants and witches? Almost queen… More than queen… Diane de Poitiers, the hero of this new mini series, is a formidable flamboyant, an icon of fashion and a powerful, free woman.You can read more here.

13 comments:

  1. I Think Jamie Dornan is cuter. When will this be shown abroad? I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take Jamiekins and I shall take Hugo as I find him much more attractive and a much better actor which isn't difficult given Jamie's poor skills.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh my poor Jamie, but you are right. Going back to Adjani playing an older Diane, if they include Francois I and Anne de Pissilieu, we will have Diane in her thirties. Hope they have a younger actress playing her. It would be embarrassing for Isabelle to pretend to be in her thirties when she is in her late sixties.

      Delete
    3. I agree. I think Jamie is cuter, even if he is lacking in acting skills.

      Delete
    4. I think they will take some artistic liberties LOL

      Delete
  2. Love Isabelle Adjani look...gorgeous hair style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did so much plastic surgery on her face, I'm surprised she still has it LOL

      Delete
  3. Adjani, Depardieu, Henri II, Nostradamus...Can't be bad, regards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very strong cast indeed! Vive le France!

      Delete
  4. A flamboyant fashion icon? I like her already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple headpieces that look like a pearly halo. If they ever came in fashion here, I would wear them.

    p.s. - I have news!! I finally watched the first episode of All Creatures Great and Small. I really enjoyed it, but Prime wants me to pay for their PBS app to watch the rest of the show. I was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PBS has a lot of good things,so maybe you should, you could watch Poldark as well there and Victoria.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.