Saturday, November 9, 2019

BBC REVEALS 1ST PHOTOS AND CAST ADDITIONS FOR THE NORTH WATER ARCTIC EPIC PERIOD SET SERIES WITH COLIN FARRELL, JACK O'CONNELL

   'THE NORTH WATER'
1ST ARCTIC TV SERIES PHOTOS
After we announced it more than a year ago, the shooting is now finally under way and we have the first photos from BBC's new four part epic series THE NORTH WATER with Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell who have
Jack O'Connell is disgraced ex army surgeon who signs up as the ship's doctor
now been also joined by Stephen Graham, Sam Spruell, Tom Courtenay, Peter Mullan, Roland Moller and Philip Hill Pearson over at the sets in Hungary.

  The Story Of North Water
BBC 2's  adaptation of Ian McGuire’s Arctic whaling novel, set in the ice floes of the Arctic in the late 1850s, tells the story of Patrick Sumner (Jack
Colin Farrell is dangerous harpooner Henry Drax
O’Connell), a disgraced ex-army surgeon who signs up as ship’s doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic. On board he meets the harpooner Henry
Stephen Graham is Captain Brownlee who commands the ship.
Drax (Colin Farrell), a brutish killer whose amorality has been shaped to fit the harshness of his world. Hoping to escape the horrors of his past, Sumner
Roland Moller will play Otto, one of the harpooners!
finds himself in a male dominated world, on an ill-fated journey with a murderous psychopath. In search of redemption, his story becomes a harsh struggle for survival in the Arctic wasteland.

18 comments:

  1. This doesn’t sound too bad, but not something I’d go out of my way to watch. Murderous psychopath? Ill fated boating trip as in the ocean? This sounds like something that would leave me on the edge of my seat holding my breathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit too similar to TERROR series which we watched last year.

      Delete
  2. I am not feeling anything with an arctic wasteland in it right about now. We're about to get slammed with the coldest temps on record next week and I may just hide under my heated blankets until spring rolls back around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't get snow already! Our October and November have been the hottest ever, I went to town last week in shorts! But now it is getting rainy and colder, tonight we have a very weird ultra humid fog, everything is wet from it, it is a very horrorlike setting.

      Delete
    2. We've had a few light dustings, but nothing has stuck for long. I think we just need to house swap. I am all for wearing shorts in November and for humid, foggy, rainy days.

      Delete
    3. You'd probably like it today as it is quite warm, although muddy and humid.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Dick and rigid, we like, frigid not so much :)

      Delete
  4. I love dangerous harpooners. Don't ask me why. As long as they don't kill whales, of course. That's a given. Unless you've got a big appetite and crave some whale meat. Just so you know, I won't be joining you.

    Blue

    Can I ask you a favor, Dezzzmeister? Could you say something nice to my friend Arza? HERE. She's a darker shade of blue but at least I got her to start blogging again. I owe you one! Better make that two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dammit, she just changed her address: HERE. Thanks, Dezzz!

      Delete
    3. Harpooners need to harpoon themselves you know where!
      Will do later tonight if I can find her!

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Dezz. She's right here: https://eleven57pm.blogspot.com/2019/11/sometimes-those-who-wander-are-lost-as.html

      Tell me where they need to harpoon themselves... Spell it out for me!

      Delete
    5. I've visited her place and read the post but it so freakishly depressive I don't know what to write! I think she needs professional help, she sounds suicidal to me, poor woman.

      Delete
    6. No, she is not. She just not in a happy place. She's one of the strongest women I know. One of the best writers, too. Don't worry about it.

      Delete
    7. Hope she finds a light in her life, we know it is difficult to find sometimes, or even impossible, but what if you are the light for others? Maybe you are not supposed to enjoy light but to give light to others. Find a mission, help others, inspire others, don't wallow and despair no matter what.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.