Wednesday, November 20, 2019

FIRST TRAILER AND POSTER FOR THE LATEST BIG SCREEN ADAPTATION OF PINOCCHIO WITH OSCAR WINNER ROBERTO BENIGNI

     'PINOCCHIO' TRAILER
REVEALS ENCHANTING MUSIC IN THE LATEST MOVIE ADAPTATION 
While Hollywood is having fun ridiculing the second trailer for Cats musical movie which was released today to the disgust of almost everyone,
The movie arrives to Italian cinemas this December
your trusted spy will show you something that is also out this Christmas: first trailer and poster for the latest Italian big screen adaptation of famous PINOCCHIO starring this time Oscar winner Roberto Benigni in the lead role, not the Pinocchio (he already played him back in 2002 in that godawful film that he also wrote and directed), but his daddy Geppetto. If you can tolerate his style of overzealous acting, you can check out the trailer below, if nothing else it has enchantingly beautiful and suitably festive music in it. You already know the story, it follows the lonesome carpenter Geppetto who wants a son so much that his wooden
Little Federico Ielapi is playing the title character in the movie
puppet named Pinocchio suddenly comes to life.The movie will hit Italian cinemas December 19th and French ones next March, but no release dates for other countries just yet. The movie was directed by Matteo Garrone, known for the uber weird Tale of Tales with Salma Hayek from a few years ago, so I'm guessing we can expect many bizarre moments in this one too? 

18 comments:

  1. Looks great! I hope it's not sad though. Can't take more sadness this year lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it might be, sadly :( Just watching Roberto's horrid acting is sad enough for one life :)

      Delete
  2. This could be a worthy live-action remake? Hard to tell just from that one trailer. Wooden Pinocchio looks kinda creepy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. And will they go for the diversity for that one?

      Delete
  4. Pinocchio does look creepy, but I suppose a wooden boy would look creepy anyway. I thought the trailer looked enchanting. One that I'll definitely keep my eye out for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the music in it, the story itself was always creepy to me.

      Delete
  5. I may have to give this one a try.
    Benigni can be an acquired taste but the story is universal.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinocchio always freaked me out. The Disney version always made me cry when all the boys turned into donkeys. I don't think I could handle this film with a lead that does overzealous acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, there is the whole donkey train in the trailer :)

      Delete
    2. I saw that. I watched it on mute, and the whole trailer was super creepy.

      Delete
    3. Watch it with the sound on, the music is delightful in it.

      Delete
    4. I just watched it with my daughter and she agreed it’s creepy with sound or on mute :). But, the music is delightful if we close our eyes. Lol

      Delete
    5. We do ever so love festive music.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.