Friday, November 29, 2019

1ST TRAILER FOR 19TH CENTURY DRAMA TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG WITH GEORGE MACKAY, NICHOLAS HOULT, CHARLIE HUNNAM, ESSIE DAVIS, RUSSELL CROWE, JACOB COLLINS LEVY

  TRUE HISTORY OF KELLY GANG
TRAILER WITH A STELLAR CAST
I don't usually cover gangster movies, especially not one as disgustingly violent as this one, but I'm showing you the first trailer and poster for TRUE
The movie hits cinemas next January
HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG for two reasons: a) it has the most amazing cast of Australia's best, b) it comes from Down Under, particularly Stan who gave us Bloom series last year. A big screen adaptation of Peter Carey's novel, the movie, starring George MacKay, Nicholas Hoult, Essie Davis, Charlie Hunnam, Russell Crowe, Jacob Collins Levy, Sean Keenan, brings the highly fictionalised story of Australian bush ranger Ned Kelly and his gang as they flee from authorities during the 1870s. To this day, Kelly continues to cause division in opinions: some celebrate him as Australia's equivalent of Robin Hood, while majority
The cast features the very best of Australian actors!
rightfully regards him as a murderous villain undeserving of his folk hero status! He was, however, the last expression of the lawless frontier in what was becoming a highly organised society. Justin Kurzel directs the movie out next January in Australia and Russia, and from February in the rest of Europe.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Australia has the best of actors. Did you manage to see Essie's Lambs of God, that series was so freaking good!

      Delete
  2. I suppose the film about the most notorious australian outlaw, Ned Kelly, is not for everyone , not for the faint of heart.
    I hope he's not portrayed as some kind of folk hero, but as a criminal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my hope as well especially as today's audience tends to glamourize and idolise the criminals and villains.

      Delete
  3. Jason loves watching films about notorious people. Bonnie and Clyde, Al Capone, Billy the Kid.... I bet this is one that would tickle his fancy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get why they like watching them, they're horrible!

      Delete
    2. I think he likes seeing them rise, then ultimately fall. I don't get the appeal, so he has to watch those shows on his own. My grandfather was a gun runner for the mafia many moons ago. We've heard some wild tales of his shenanigans, so I'm glad he never made it to notorious level like some of the mentioned terrible people above. Jason probably would have loved to sit down with him and hear the tales of living the gangster life. I just get pissed when I hear the stories.

      Delete
    3. I've always known you was the child of mafia, deary :)

      Delete
  4. Not something I'd waste my time on regardless of the caste. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't watch it either! And that says a lot as I usually watch anything Australian.

      Delete
  5. I have to familiarize myself with these actors if they are Australia's best. With the except of Russel Crowe, I've never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all amazing, Essie Davis is nominated this year as best actress for Australian Academy Awards for her stunning role in Lambs of God. George MacKay will be nominated probably for Oscars this year for his role in 1917, Jacob Collins Levy played the king in White Princess and was also fantastic this year in Australian series Bloom, Hoult and Hunnam are Hollywood superstars!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.