Thursday, November 21, 2019

TUDORS CREATOR MICHAEL HIRST TO CREATE VALHALLA EPIC TV SAGA FOR NETFLIX FOLLOWING HISTORY'S MOST FAMOUS VIKINGS! LEGENDARY ELRIC OF MELNIBONE SF SAGA TO BECOME TV SERIES

     'VALHALLA' EPIC SERIES
HISTORY'S MOST FAMOUS VIKINGS
I stopped watching Vikings after the second episode as soon as I realised they are trying to glamourize history's brutal pillaging killers, rapists
Three streaming services fought for the series
and raiders, but I hope the spin off of that series will be more honest in their portrayal. Netflix has officially ordered VALHALLA saga also from Michael Hirst, known also for The Tudors, and it will apparently have 24 episodes!

Valhalla will have the story which begins 100 years after the original series concludes and dramatizes the adventures of the most famous Vikings who ever lived: Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and the Norman King William the Conqueror (also a Viking descendant). These men and women will blaze new paths as they fight for survival in an ever changing and evolving Europe. This is the explosive next chapter of the Vikings legend.It will bring heart pounding, unstoppable action rooted in rich characters and dramatic storytelling that shines the light on family, loyalty and power!

     'THE ELRIC SAGA'
TO BECOME EPIC TV SERIES
The Elric Saga has been translated into many languages
Speaking of epic delights, Deadline reports that New Republic Pictures has acquired rights on Michael Moorcock's famous THE ELRIC SAGA with the plan to turn it into TV series with Glen Mazzara and Vaun Wilmott attached to pen it. It is a series of 11 complex and layered novels that take place across multiple dimensions of reality and alternative universes. They begun with legendary Elric of Melnibone novel. The saga brings sword and sorcery tales that centre on the title character, a brooding albino warrior who presides over an unruly, decadent island nation. The novels follow Elric on a series of adventures, in which he is betrayed by his cousin, sent into exile and attempts to come to terms with his own humanity.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are apparently ending this year with the final sixth season after many cast changes, if I got it right.

      Delete
  2. I never watched Vikings since I assumed it would be a giant orgy like the other shows similar to it. I agree, they need to make it more historically accurate and I would be all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no condemnation of what they did in the first episode, they just continued as if he was the greatest hero ever after pillaging the village in England.

      Delete
  3. Never did watch Vikings, but there are a few on my Facebook who love it, so I feel like I've already followed along with the show with all of their shares. They are in quite a frenzy with the new Valhalla coming out, so I'm sure I'll be able to follow that one too without ever watching an episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does have a huge fandom. It originally aired on History so most of the world was able to watch it on the cable.

      Delete
    2. I was interested in watching it when it first started airing, but like many shows, fell down the list and never made the cut. I may still watch it one day, but if I don't, I won't feel like I missed out on anything great.

      Delete
    3. If nothing else it gave us sweetest cutest George Blagden. I must investigate what is he doing now that Versailles is over.

      Delete
  4. I did like Moorcock in my youth (not so far away!), curious to see the series...and of course, Vikings are a fantastic subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that Elric was the part of most of our youth books series and editions back in my days.

      Delete
  5. I think Vikings are hot and would probably binge watch this. Netflix is spoiling us.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do ever so love us blond hunks, even though my fave from Vikings was the priest played by sweet George Blagden.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.