Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SANDRA BULLOCK & MELISSA MCCARTHY ARE COP RIVALS! JUDE LAW IS "DOM HEMINGWAY"! TRAILER FOR ABC'S NEW SHOW "666 PARK AVENUE" WITH VANESSA WILLIAMS & ROBERT BUCKLEY! JAMES MCAVOY IN "THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY"

Variety says that James McAvoy has joined an unusual double project which will have two films: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF
ELEANOR RIGBY: HIM and THE DISAPPEAR- ANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: HER. Following a married couple from New York, who deal with a emotional, life-altering experience., the story will be explored in both movies, one from the perspective of the restaurant owner husband (James McAvoy), and the second following the wife (Jessica Chastain), who goes back to college. Now, here's a duo made in heaven: according to "Deadline" two of the most beloved female comedians Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will take the lead roles in an untitled comedy
 to be helmed by BRIDESMAIDS' Paul Feig. Not much is known about the project currently, except that it will centre on the unconventional partnership between a straight-laced FBI agent (Bullock) and an eccentric Boston cop (McCarthy).
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
It seems that Jude Law is going back to his British roots, since he will take the lead role in black comedy DOM HEMINGWAY,  in which he will play Dom Hemingway, a safe cracker with a loose fuse who after
 12 years in prison travels with his best friend (played by Richard E. Grant) to collect what he’s owed for not ratting on crime bosses. Meanwhile, "MovieWeb" reports that MASTER AND COM- MANDER and THE TRUMAN SHOW director Peter Weir will direct THE KEEP, a movie adaptation of a best-selling novel by Jennifer Egan set in a mysterious medieval castle somewhere in Central Europe. It follows two estranged American cousins who reunite to set up an alternative resort, stirring childhood traumas and phobias in a haunted castle.

666 PARK AVENUE  
And continuing our series of new 2012/2013 shows trailers, here's the clip for ABC's new horror drama 666 PARK AVENUE.  At the ominous address of
666 Park Avenue, anything you desire can be yours. Everyone has needs, desires and ambition. For the residents of The Drake, these will all be met, courtesy of the building's mysterious owner, Gavin Doran (Terry O'Quinn). But every Faustian contract comes with a price. When Jane Van Veen (Rachael Taylor) and Henry Martin (Dave Annable), an idealistic young couple from the Midwest, are offered the opportunity to manage the historic building, they not only fall prey to the machinations of Doran and his mysterious wife, Olivia (Vanessa Williams), but unwittingly begin to experience the shadowy, supernatural forces within the building that imprison and endanger the lives of the residents
inside. Sexy, seductive and inviting, The Drake maintains a dark hold over all of its residents, tempting them through their ambitions and desires, in this chilling new drama that's home to an epic struggle of good versus evil. Always gorgeous Robert Buckley (ONE TREE HILL, LIPSTICK JUNGLE) is also in the cast!

48 comments:

  1. Eleanor Rigby's got quite an interesting idea with it. Not my usual cup of tea, but a pretty unique way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I've never heard of such thing done before. Could be risky if the first film is boring. And not sure will they play at the same time or not...

      Delete
  2. I'll give PARK AVE a shot solely because of Terry O'Quinn.

    The James McAvoy project sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always up for something with Robert Buckley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he could very easily be the handsomest man that has ever lived....

      Delete
  4. I really dig Terry O'Quinn, so I might bite with 666 Park Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be interesting, especially with Dave Annable and Robert Buckley.

      Delete
  5. I started giggling just thinking about Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock playing off one another. McCarthy cracks me up. So funny.

    And the McAvoy project...they must be planning a simultaneous release or at least back-to-back releases for the movies. If it works, it will be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they will be legendary, won't they :))
      Yep, or maybe we will have two one hour films playing back to back.

      Delete
  6. I would love to see Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn...James McAvoy's eyes made me screech and halt as I zoom past blogs in my google reader, picking and choosing which ones to visit. I know you do that crap on purpose Dezzy. Shame on you for distracting me so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sandy. She can arrest me any day... But seriously, she's always fun to watch. The first movie I saw her in she had virtual sex with Stallone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra and Melissa in a comedy together? That should be worth checking out. The video didn't work for me for some reason :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ABC has allowed the video to be seen only in certain countries :( And they've also forbade the trailers from YouTube to be embedded and shared :(

      Delete
  10. McAvoy's projects sound interesting. Not sure about the 666 though, too scary for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, the Disappearance is an unusual project. Two films? They'd have to have a lot of faith in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my thought exactly, and with horrid Chastain in the lead role, it won't attract me to watch it, even though I love McAvoy.

      Delete
  12. I've always liked Sandra Bullock movies. I guess we'll see how this show goes. I love visiting here because I sound smart to others when I mention all these shows. Shh, don't tell them I just come read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh, lots of people do that here, Ciara :)

      Delete
  13. You got a hot list of actors and actresses up there! The one with Sandra Bullock sounds great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the 666 PA premise but the video didn't work for me. ~

    And Sandra is amazing ~ I love her ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it works only for US, I couldn't find a worldwide clip anywhere ;(

      Delete
  15. 666 Park Avenue doesn't sound too bad it seems, although the video won't play for me either, as I guess it doesn't like canadians..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why ABC does that, letting only US people see the clip :((( What are we then? Citizens of the second class?

      Delete
    2. I guess so, it irks me when they do that, as how hard is it just to stick the damn video up for all to see? A rhyming cat can do that..lol

      Delete
    3. I don't get it, I don't see what use they have of not showing it to everyone, it's not like we're earning anything on promoting their own product?

      Delete
  16. I am very, very excited about Sandra and Melissa's movie. Yay! 666 Park Ave looks amazingly creepy cool, I'm so there. ;)

    Not sure about the Eleanor Rigby films. They should just make it one two hour film and take an hour with each character. Neither story sounds interesting enough for two films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on ELEANOR, they should do a two hour movie in two parts and be done with it.

      Delete
  17. I loved McAvoy in xemn first class

    ReplyDelete
  18. I prefer Jude Law in more serious roles... oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I dunno matey, 666 Park Avenue looks a bit annoying.... GoT and Walking Dead for me...m oh and breaking bad... these are the only shows I watch now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will watch it only if they air it at FOX LIFE Central Europe :)

      Delete
  20. Horay!! new movie by Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melissa McCarthy was my favorite actress in Bridesmaids and I am a big fan of Sandra Bullock, she is so sexy and funny! They will be great together, me thinks =)

    666 Park Ave looks very interesting. Almost like an evil Fantasy Island of sorts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked both of today's news, Elsie :)

      Delete
    2. I needed it today Dezz. You did my heart good =)

      Delete
  22. Hadn't heard of 666 before but I do love a bit of fantasy-horror so that's now on my list of TV to keep an eye on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, Danzel, it might turn out to be a good show. I like the cast certainly.

      Delete
  23. WHOA! That photo of James McAvoy looks like a young Gerry Berry! They could practically be brothers, maybe they're related somehow as they're both Scottish :D

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.