Friday, December 16, 2022

HENRY CAVILL TO LEAD WARHAMMER EPIC TV SERIES AT AMAZON! MELISSA MCCARTHY TO LEAD NEW RICHARD CURTIS CHRISTMAS COMEDY MOVIE! NIGHT COURT, HOW I MET YOUR FATHER SITCOMS SET AIRING DATES! CBS ORDERS THEY'RE WITH ME MULTICAM

  HENRY CAVILL TO LEAD 
WARHAMMER TV SERIES
If you thought that after being ditched by DC as Superman and leaving Witcher, our Henrylicious Cavill would break down and cry, you thought wrong! He has just announced that he is producing WARHAMMER series adaptation at Amazon and he will also star in the epic series based on a miniature wargame in which players enact battles using miniature models of warriors and fighting vehicles. It is set in the distant future, where a stagnant human civilization is threatened by hostile aliens and supernatural creatures. The models in the game are a mix of humans, aliens, and supernatural monsters, wielding futuristic weaponry and supernatural powers.

 MELISSA MCCARTHY TO LEAD 
NEW RICHARD CURTIS COMEDY
It's comedy all day today, people, starting with Love Actually's Richard Curtis who is penning new New York set untitled Christmas comedy movie at Universal and Working Title with Melissa McCarthy in the lead. To stream at Peacock, the film will be a fairy-tale comedy about a workaholic man who enlists the help of a magical genie to help win his family back before Christmas. Sam Boyd will direct. 

  NEW JANUARY SITCOMS
Meanwhile, two multicam sitcoms have been announced for January. NIGHT COURT will start on NBC January 17th with  Melissa Rauch starring as Judge Abby Stone (the daughter of the original series’ Judge Harry Stone) and John Larroquette returning as slick attorney Dan Fielding in the sitcom that follows the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court! Hulu has, meanwhile, announced January 24th as the returning date for HOW I MET YOUR FATHER season two with Hilary Duff, Christopher Lowell, Tom Ainsley, Suraj Sharma, Kim Cattrall, and Josh Peck returning to the cast of the new season that will, if I got it right, now have 20 episodes! In other sitcom news, CBS has ordered THEY'RE WITH ME multicam about Jackie and Eli who knew right away they were soulmates… too bad their souls come with so much baggage — each has a messed-up 20-something kid and a dependent parent. It is a modern take on a blended family where, instead of young children, Jackie and Eli both come with two generations of intrusive adults. Forget about an empty nest; the number of birds and eggs has doubled.

10 comments:

  1. Night Court with Melissa Rauch should be fun. Can't stand How I Met Your Mother at all...not even for 5 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will be good. How I met Your Father is equally terrible as Mother was, not funny at all, but I like Tom Ainsley in it, he is enchanting.

      Delete
  2. I tried How I Met Your Mother but I couldn't warm to it. I'm glad Henry Cavill has found another project - I didn't mind him in The Witcher. I've only read part of the first book so I can't judge how far it diverged from the source material. Still I may be a fine one to speak as I was not overly enthusiastic to see a dark-haired Milady in the new Three Musketeers film(s). I'm not against brunettes by the way. I was brown haired before my thatch went grey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really boring and gives you no laughs, not to mention that the female characters in Mother are very unlikeable, even the egocentric Duff.

      We are happy for Henry too especially after how he was treated by Witcher producers and DC.

      Delete
  3. Love Henry. He's especially fab as Sherlock in Enola Holmes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave that one a wide berth because I cannot stand the female lead and because that is not Sherlock at all LOL

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm glad that Henry will have something after losing The Witcher and Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let’s hope that Melissa McCarthy’s character isn’t the normal trailer trash lady they tend to cast her as lately.

    I am definitely looking forward to night court! I think I will skip how I Met your father, though. I have never been much of Hilary Duff fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is nice in it, but her character is godawful, selfcentred and not very nice, basically a biyach. All the ladies in the show are horrible people, but the boys are delightful and sweet. The show itself hasn't made me laugh one single time.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.