Friday, February 22, 2013

CHRISTIAN BALE AND TOM HARDY IN RIVAL MOUNTAIN CLIMBING FILMS "EVEREST"! DELIGHTFUL TRAILER FOR "HUNKY DORY" WITH MINNIE DRIVER AND ANEURIN BARNARD! UNIVERSAL BUYS "ARCHLIGHT" MOVIE RIGHTS

Sometime last year your HOLLYWOOD SPY informed you that Universal is preparing EVEREST action drama and now, according to "The Hollywood Reporter" they have found the lead actor. Christian Bale is negotiating to star in the true story of two separate groups who tried to reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1996, which ended in tragedy. Christian Bale would play Rob Hall, the leader of a New Zealand group which suffered four casualties during the ascent. The most curious thing is that Sony Pictures is also preparing their own film with the very same title EVEREST which will see Tom Hardy playing famous explorer George Mallory in the story which will describe the mystery surrounding Mallory's 1924 ascent of Mount Everest.

DID YOU KNOW? 
When it comes to their future projects, Christian Bale will star in an untitled 2014 film about ABSCAM FBI sting operation in the 1970s which lead to the conviction of United States Congressmen.That one has a rather stellar cast including Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner!


  HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
And here's something for the writers among my dear readers: "The Hollywood Reporter" writes that Universal has bought the movie
  rights on upcoming sf novel ARCHLIGHT by Josin L. McQuein! The sci-fi YA novel is set in a post apocalyptic future where the remnants of humanity are hunkered down in an outpost protected by a wall of light named Arclight, hiding from creatures known as the Fade. Into this enclave enters a lone teenage girl with no memory of who she is and how she survived in what is called the Dark but one who holds the key to its survival. It is interesting that the book is yet to be released this April and that the writer was paid $500,000 in a two book deal even before the books were written.

  HUNKY DORY TRAILER
And the only trailer I have for you on this very dry day is a delightful one for charming Welsh comedy HUNKY DORY starring Minnie Driver in the lead role. 
It's the beginning of the summer of 1976 in South Wales. But school's not out yet, so Viv (Minnie Driver), a fiery high school drama teacher, is determined to fire up her hormonal, apathetic students one last time by putting on the best end-of-the-year show the school has ever seen: a glam rock-infused musical version of Shakespeare's The Tempest. Can she overcome the typical teenage distractions of sex and drugs with some great rock and roll? Find out in this rousing musical from the producer of "Billy Elliot", featuring songs from legendary artists such as David Bowie, ELO, The Beach Boys, and more, all performed and recorded live on set by the talented young cast. The heartwarming flick is out March 22nd! Aneurin Barnard, whom you will soon watch as King Richard in Starz epic show THE WHITE QUEEN, is also in the cast!

22 comments:

  1. I know lots of people adore Minnie Driver but she's never caught my imagination, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know Hunky Dory is going on my watch list. :))

    And one time, a few years ago, Jolin McQuein and I were in a writing contest together. She took first place with an excerpt from Arclight. I took third with an excerpt from my novel. Dammit. :PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why? :))

      Really? Got her phone number? Maybe she can help you find an agent. I told you that you should first pitch your book for movie adaptation :)

      Delete
    2. Well, yeah, when they're giving out half a million dollars, why not go straight for the movie rights. In fact, I'm willing to sell mine right now. I'm not done with the second novel yet but what the hell... :))

      Delete
    3. you should try, that's for sure! Find out who are the agents who do that and do it :)

      Delete
  3. Abscam sounds great and has a great cast. Not sure about Hunky Dory though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunkey Dorey is a good one for me. 1976 was an excellent year. I am one of those people who like Minnie Driver. I think she's cute, funny and has talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Anne. I enjoy watching her. She's got something about her that makes me laugh and smile.

      Delete
    2. Me three! I love Minnie. :) This looks a great movie.

      Delete
    3. There you go, three ladyfans of Minnie Driver :)

      Delete
  5. I'm all on board for Hunky Dory. Of course the Everest epics sound like my type of film as well. I remember the '96 incident and read the Jon Krakauer book, Into Thin Air.

    I wish I could find someone to give me $500,000 for as yet unwritten books. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those mountain climbers often don't come back home. We had one from my town who went to Everest and never came back. I consider them crazy and immature people, because when you have a family and kids you have no right to gamble with your life.

      Oh, I'd even come up with a book in a second if someone gave me such money :))

      Delete
  6. That ABSCAM movie really does have a stellar cast - wow! I'll be looking for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am never going to see another film until i get a dark knight sequel... that will not have a cliff hanger ending... spoiler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft... that is so sad, my Zombie Master... I thought zombies had better taste ....

      Delete
  8. Wow. $500K for books not written by an author no one has heard of. And a movie. What can I say. Some people are extremely fortunate.

    Abscam looks interesting and although I remember 1976 very well (it was a very naughty year) I'm not sure I want to watch it. But I do like Minnie Driver...so I might have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean no one has head of her? :PP L.G. above says she once competed with her at a writing contest :PPPP

      I wasn't born in 1976, but I do hear those were crazy years... probably the reason why I caught some of it being born at the end of the decade :)

      Delete
  9. Could do with another interesting sf, Dezz.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.