Thursday, May 31, 2012

TRAILER FOR "LES MISERABLES" WITH HUGH JACKMAN, RUSSELL CROWE, ANNE HATHAWAY! GONG LI IN TARSEM SINGH'S "MARCO POLO"! ZAC EFRON IN "THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU"! GILLIAN ANDERSON & RUFUS SEWELL IN "I'LL FOLLOW YOU DOWN"

Here's a new project with a rather rich cast: as "Variety" reports today, Adam Shankman's comedy drama THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU, in which the story will follow a highly dysfunctional and non-religious family, who has to sit Shivah for seven days as a dying request from their father, has added a lot of new stars - Zac Efron, Leslie Mann (she's currently starring in GOOD CHRISTIAN BITCHES at ABC), Malin Akerman, Jason Bateman, Goldie Hawn, Jason Sudeikis ... The film is based on a novel by Jonathan Tropper. And according to "Deadline" Gillian Anderson has joined Victor Garber, Rufus Sewell, Haley Joel Osment in I'LL FOLLOW YOU DOWN. The story follows the wife of missing scientist Gabriel (Rufus Sewell), who disappeared during a business trip but years later the family finds out that their missing loved one might mysteriously still be alive. Haley Joel Osment will play the son and Victor Garber is the grandfather.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
After giving the world four visual masterpieces THE CELL, THE FALL, IMMORTALS and MIRROR MIRROR, it seems that we shall again see
Tarsem Singh's visual splendour in another epic. According to "Twitch" instead of doing a smaller film as he announced recently, Tarsem will do an oriental epic on MARCO POLO heading over to China. An American / Chinese co-production backed by Endgame Entertainment, Tarsem's next will be an English language period picture about the travels of Marco Polo to China. And while the actor who will play Polo himself has not yet been announced Screen International brings word that Gong Li (CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER) has been cast as the female lead. As I've reported earlier, Starz is also preparing a new TV show on MARCO POLO.

LES MISERABLES TRAILER
And here's something unexpected: the first rather spectacular trailer for Tom Hopper's (THE KING'S SPEECH) musical drama LES MISERABLES is here! Ready to battle with THE HOBBIT in cinemas
this December, the adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel follows prisoner Jean Valjean, who is released from prison and breaks parole to create a new life for himself while evading the grip of the persistent Inspector
Javert. Set in early 19th-century France, the story reaches resolution against the background of the July Revolution of 1832. One of the most starstudded casts ever includes Hugh Jackman as Valjean, Russell 
Crowe as Javert, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and Helena Bonham Carter in female roles, young star Eddie Redmayne (BIRDSONG, PILLARS OF THE EARTH)...

51 comments:

  1. Yay! Les Mis. Can't wait to see Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks better than we thought it would, yes? Although seeing Oooh Jackman and Anne Cataway this ugly is kinda disturbing :(

      Delete
  2. Honestly if anyone gets past that pic of Zac Efron and manages to say anything with any intelligence, I'll be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now go and wipe off the drool of your computer screen somewhere around Zac' belly section :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I've always been told that Les Mis is awesome, this'll be my chance to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't say I'd agree on the book being awesome, it was rather boring and grim, but the film seems rather nice from the trailer.

      Delete
  4. have you ever seen the 98 movie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the Kings speech so Les miserables should be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should, and Hopper also did ELIZABETH I with Helen Mirren, a nice series too.

      Delete
  6. Oh I think I'll have to pass on these, nothing caught me eye. Les Miserables looks very boring
    :[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, better luck next time, Mattson, you could at least stare a bit at Gong Li's gongs :)

      Delete
  7. Jason Sudeikis always makes me laugh! I absolutely loved him in Horrible Bosses. I know, I know, I babbling about another comedy =)

    This is Where I Leave You sounds interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I mentioned that Sudeikis guy just because I thought you like him :)

      Delete
    2. aawww, Dezz, you really and truly know how to make a girl smile!! =)

      Delete
  8. I just want to say that you and Anne taught me very well. I will not mention anything negative about Mr. Jackman ;) LOL

    On the other hand, I really, really LOVE Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried!!! I will probably be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Les Miserables actually looks better than I thought it would, should be a watch for sure. Oh and Zac Efron pfffft anything with him can be flushed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also surprised by the trailer in a good way!

      @Blue
      eat my shorts :)

      Delete
    2. Do you add ketchup to the shorts for him?

      Delete
    3. Hahaha Well, if they look as good as Zac Ephron's, I might consider it. Now be careful... I've got dangerous teeth. ;p

      Delete
    4. I haven't washed them for a few days to add to their spiceness!

      Delete
  10. Rats! I can't access the Les Miz trailer. I'm so looking forward to that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it's still there, my dear, it must be something with your computer.

      Delete
  11. Oh my God I am going to be one broke ass bitch this Christmas. From Hobbit to Django Unchained to Les Mis, I am spending my whole birthday month in the theater. Anne looks awesome as Fantine. And her singing just is so beautiful for this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL :) Ya betta start savin' sister :)
      Although You know I wouldn't watch DJANGO even if some hunk offered me a wet kiss in the cinema :)

      Delete
    2. LMAO I knew you'd day that, sweetie. Our great minds do not always mesh, but that's okay. You have one of the biggest, best hearts and spirits I know. :)

      Delete
  12. When I read the book Les Miserable by Victor Hugo, I was shattered by it. It was given to me by my Lit teacher when I was a school girl and I was so grateful that a teacher thought enough of me to put this book in my hands. I remember talking about it for hours with him while I read my way through it. The older I get, the more clearly I remember the past. I really am looking forward to this movie Dez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a difficult book! I always preferred Russian and French writers to the English ones, since they are more realistic and more in touch with the little guy, not with nobles and rich people.

      Delete
  13. Marco Polo will be a beautiful film I guarantee it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helena Bonham Carter... big head small head, I love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love her a lot! Even when she's crazy, which is all the time....

      Delete
    2. A couple of days ago at the movies I found out she loves vampire blood. I wonder if she likes blue blood. Id go, 'Bite me!'

      Delete
    3. she might literally do it, you know...

      Delete
  15. Les Mis is one of my all time favourite shows. This is one movie I'm sure to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, Clarissa, it will be a great one!

      Delete
  16. I LOVE the cast of the Zac Efron film. I will so go see that just for the cast!
    And yes, I'm too old to drool over Zac Efron but I'm going to anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a lovely cast, isn't it? And a lovely boy, isn't he? :)

      Delete
  17. i can't even count how many times i've watched that les mis trailer. absolutely magnificent. i was really scared that they were going to do something weak with it, like the clare danes film version. but this... this looks so powerful. i'm so very stoked, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that one would lurk back in here, Victoria :)

      Delete
  18. I'm trying to reserve judgement on Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Cataway could go either way. I don't trust her fully, but Seyfried will probably be nice.

      Delete
  19. Always glad to see Rufus Sewell get a new role, but Joel Osment's dad?? Seriously??

    I'm intrigued by Tarsem's new project, well naturally. And Gong Li is one sexy lady.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.