Sunday, July 24, 2022

ENTER THE KINGDOM OF DREAM IN THE SANDMAN EPIC TV SERIES STARTING THIS AUGUST WITH TOM STURRIDGE, CHARLES DANCE, JENNA COLEMAN, JOELY RICHARDSON, STEPHEN FRY

  THE SANDMAN EPIC SERIES  
DREAM THE WORLD ANEW
The series streams August 5th
There is not much to expect in the scorching month of August, I can tell you that right now, but what I can definitely promise you is that we are getting a visit from the god of dreams himself when THE SANDMAN ten episode fantasy drama television series based on the 1989–1996 comic book written by Neil Gaiman and published by DC Comics starts streaming from August 5th. The series was developed by Gaiman, David S. Goyer, and Allan Heinberg! You can check out the rather expensive looking brand new trailer released today down below:
The show will have ten episodes
 
 
ENTER THE KINGDOM OF DREAM
A wizard attempting to capture Death to bargain for eternal life traps her younger brother Dream instead. And thus, in 1916, Morpheus, the king of dreams and one of the seven Endless, is captured in an occult ritual. Fearful for his safety, the wizard kept him imprisoned in a glass bottle for many decades. After being held captive for 106 years, Morpheus escapes and sets out to restore order to his kingdom of the Dreaming. After his escape, Dream, also known as Morpheus, goes on a quest for his lost objects of power.

Tom Sturridge leads the cast
WHO IS IN THE CAST?
The cast is lead by Tom Sturridge as Morpheus, the king of dreams and ruler of the Dreaming. Gwendoline Christie is Lucifer Morningstar: The ruler of Hell. Vivienne Acheampong is Lucienne, the librarian of the Dreaming, while Boyd Holbrook is The Corinthian: A nightmare who escaped the Dreaming. Charles Dance is Sir Roderick Burgess: A charlatan occultist. Asim Chaudhry is Abel, a resident of the Dreaming, while Sanjeev Bhaskar is Cain. Kirby Howell-Baptiste is Death: Dream's kinder and wiser sister. Mason Alexander Park is Desire: Dream's androgynous sibling. Donna Preston is Despair: Dream's deformed sister who is twins with Desire. Jenna Coleman is Johanna Constantine: An occult detective investigating the Dreaming. Coleman plays two versions of the character: the eighteenth century-residing ancestor Lady Johanna Constantine and her present day descendant! Joely Richardson is Ethel Cripps: Burgess' fiancee and the mother of John Dee. Niamh Walsh is young Ethel Cripps. David Thewlis is Dr. John Dee: Cripps's son whose endeavor to find "truth" jeopardizes the world. Stephen Fry is Fiddler's Green / Gilbert: A mythical place of the Dreaming! Mark Hamill is the voice of Mervyn Pumpkinhead: A chain-smoking janitor whose head resembles a jack-o'-lantern.

10 comments:

  1. The trailer is so lala, but the story ain't bad. And it's on Netflix, so I might give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a hit for Netflix given that there is nothing else on next month LOL

      Delete
  2. I do want to check this out. Good thing I have Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued by the poster of him on the stairs going up to the castle, but the trailer fell way flat for me. Not one I'll be tuning in to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not expect it to be epic, I thought it will be some morbid fantasy comedy, so I will defo give it a go, but I cannot say I expect to like it. I am not into Gaiman.

      Delete
    2. If it is surprisingly good, do let me know. Honestly though, there just wasn't one thing in the clip that screamed I had to watch this one. The acting seemed bland and there were no interesting visuals. Sandman and dream worlds should be epic and have a fantasy feel to them. This one did not.

      Delete
    3. Sturridge is defo not a lead man material which seems to be the biggest problem with series lately.

      Delete
  4. I'm not super excited about this one, but I have a feeling that my husband is going to make me watch it. lol

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.