Tuesday, May 12, 2020

SKY'S EPIC TV SERIES DOMINA ON ROMAN EMPRESS LIVIA DRUSILLA ADS LEX SHRAPNEL, TOM FORBES NEXT TO BEN BATT, MATTHEW MCNULTY, ISABELLA ROSSELLINI, CLAIRE FORLANI

     'DOMINA' EPIC SERIES ADS
NEW NAMES TO ROMAN COURT
Although the production is currently halted, Sky's new ten part historical saga DOMINA (following the life and the extraordinary rise of Livia
You watched Lex Shrapnel in Medici and Harlots
Drusilla, the mother of the emperor Tiberius, who overcame adversity to become the most powerful woman in the world) has added a few interesting new names to the cast: our dear Medici and Harlots star Lex Shrapnel, Anthony Barclay, Ewan Horrocks, Oliver Huntingdon, Bart Edwards and Knightfall star Tom Forbes have joined the cast which already includes Kasia Smutniak in the lead role of Drusilla, Liam Cunningham as Livius, Livia’s father, Isabella Rossellini as Balbina, an early enemy, Matthew McNulty as the future emperor Gaius, Christine Bottomley as Scribonia, Colette Tchantcho as
Tom Forbes played prince of France in Knightfall
Antigone, Ben Batt as Agrippa, Enzo Cilenti as Tiberius Claudius Nero, and Claire Forlani as Claudia Octavia.

Domina created and written by Simon Burke, follows Livia’s journey from a naïve young girl whose world crumbles in the wake of Julius Caesar’s assassination, to Rome’s most powerful and influential Empress, driven by a deep desire to avenge her father and secure power for her sons. Livia and her peers navigate their way through a brutal society by means of strategy, conspiracy, seduction and murder. This is a visceral and authentic family saga, grounded in historical accuracy and bringing to life the incredible true stories of the women who would create one of the most enduring and fascinating dynasties of all time.

14 comments:

  1. This is proof that naive girls can learn and be empowered. Love it. :) I'll wait for the extended release date for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect we will see this one sooner than Autumn 2021, sadly, as Sky halted production on all their international filmings till next year.

      Delete
  2. I believe I literally don't know any of the actors in this post! 🤷‍♂️ Sure, I've heard of those names Claire and Isabella but, I think I don't really like Claire. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've missed out on a lot then, since Lex, Matthew, Tom, Ben and Liam are such amazing actors and also outstanding hunks respectively. Lex, a grandson of famous actress Deborah Kerr, has an almost magnetic screen presence and marvellous charisma, not to mention his dashing looks.

      Delete
  3. I’ll have forgotten all about this by the time it becomes available. I suppose it will be a nice treat once it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be like those pieces of clothing that we like to hide from ourselves outside the season.

      Delete
    2. Those are some of my favorite finds!

      Delete
    3. Yes, I found two new T-shirts I hid from myself last year.

      Delete
    4. How exciting! I think I have some makeup I bought on clearance after Christmas that I have yet to find where I hid it. It will be a fun surprise when I do eventually stumble on it.

      Delete
    5. Hope dogs don't find it first. I always have stashed cosmetics in my wardrobes, not so much because I hide it, but because I tend to buy everything when it is cheaper not when I need it, sometimes I have three or four months stashed of handcreams, medicines, toothpastes, handwashes etc. Not to mention I always have a well stocked box with stashed tea in my pantry, I think I bought my summer teas in the middle of winter.

      Delete
    6. That's practical shopping though. I tend to buy on discount many things too to stash away for later use. We ain't got big monies where we can just throw it at full priced cosmetics like the rich folk do. Savvy shopping is where it's at for us minions.

      Delete
    7. I probably wouldn't throw away money even if I could, I just wouldn't, I have too many traumas for that.

      Delete
    8. Once poor and you will always respect the money.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.