Sunday, May 24, 2020

1ST PHOTOS FROM ROALD DAHL AND PATRICIA NEAL BIOPIC WITH HUGH BONNEVILLE, KEELEY HAWES, SAM HEUGHAN!

     1ST 'TO OLIVIA' PHOTOS
FROM A ROALD DAHL BIOPIC!
Some of you have probably heard of the famous marriage between legendary writer Roald Dahl and Oscar winning actress Patricia Neal: it was so tempestuous that a film titled TO OLIVIA (formerly known as An Unquiet
Hugh Bonneville plays Roald, the author of Fantastic Mr. Fox, James And The Giant Peach, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Matilda and The Big Friendly Giant
Life) has been produced on it starring Hugh Bonneville and Keeley Hawes alongside Sam Heughan who plays Paul Newman in it. Today we have first photos from it.

  Life Filled With Tragedies  
His books enchanted many generations of children,  but Dahl's private life was one punctuated by tragedy after his and Patricia's daughter Olivia died at the age of seven in 1962. Six years after that he will dedicate Fantastic Mr.
Keeley Hawes plays Patricia Neal who had affairs with Ronald Reagan and Gary Cooper whose daughter even spat on her once publicly for it. She even aborted a child with him.
Fox to Olivia. Back in New York, they also survived a horrific accident in which their four-month-old son Theo was struck by a taxi, while in his pram, sustaining brain damages. When Patricia was pregnant with their fifth child, Lucy, she suffered a stroke which left her partially paralysed and blind and
Keeley speaks American in the film playing the American star Patricia who admitted that she never actually loved Dahl whom she divorced in 1983, a few  years before his death
unable to speak. Dahl then imposed a gruelling recovery regime on his wife that has since largely been adopted as the standard therapy for all stroke victims. To surprise of everyone, she returned to work later on and won another Oscar nomination.

10 comments:

  1. nice post..

    please visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew those two were married! I'd heard about Patricia Neal's stroke and her triumphant film comeback from it, but that's it. I wonder what Sam Heughan will be like as Paul Newman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I've never heard of Patricia before this movie. They say nobody usually knows what she won an Oscar for, it was apparently for a role of a hooker in some obscure movie. She was a rather big ho in Hollywood, and Roald was also a nasty womanizer at least before they met.

      Delete
  3. I had no idea he had that much tragedy in his life. I did ever so love his books when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the old saying goes those who create and inspire warmth usually seek it most themselves. I'm more shocked that he was a rather blatant womanizer, before he met Patricia, he was already established in NY high class society and slept with half of it, and she was a shameless slut herself, she had a child with him because she had to abort one with Peck and felt nostalgic about it. I wonder if the shagged Newman as well, the film will be set at the time the two of them were shooting a flick together. I mean who could resist a Newman?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it seems the more tortured the soul, the more the art shines through.

      Delete
    3. You do need to be crazy to be an artist, I'm a perfect example of it.

      Delete
  4. He was one of my favorite authors as a child. I'm pretty sure I read every single one of his books.. but I had no idea about his life and how sad it was. I want to watch the movie to learn more about his life, but I'm not sure I could watch it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any as he is not popular outside the English speaking world, but his books do seem lovely. The films on writers have been bad lately, from TOLKIEN to GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN and HAPPY PRINCE.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.