Wednesday, May 13, 2020

17TH CENTURY EPIC TV SERIES PLAY OF MIRRORS ON FAMOUS PAINTER VELAZQUEZ ON AN UNDERCOVER MISSION AT POPE'S COURT IN ROME

     'PLAY OF MIRRORS'
17TH CENTURY ART THRILLER
This year's Series Mania was cancelled due to corona, but one of the projects that was supposed to be pitched to studios there is PLAY OF MIRRORS (aka Velazquez in Rome) epic TV series in which famous 17th
Inspired by a book by Eduardo Chamorro, the series comes from writer and director Pedro Barbero and Vertice 360 production house
century painter Velásquez travels to Rome to portray Pope Innocent X while in an undercover mission for the Spanish kingdom in war with France. He will be
During his second visit to Italy at the age of 50, Velasquez actually made this portrait of Pope Innocent X who awarded with a medal and a golden chain. He hung it in his official visitors' waiting room.
the main suspect of a set of murders, facing the most powerful woman in Rome, Olimpia Pamphili, Pope’s sister-in-law and head of secret society, The Black Order (the first counter-espionage agency in history).

15 comments:

  1. Pope Innocent X reminds me of a Hollywood actor in that painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a famous face. It is interesting that pope's officials thought the portrait above shows him as very cruel and that he would hate it but he actually loved it. But all pope's were or are bastards, aren't they? Some were even Hitler type of villains, just remember Rodrigo Borgia for example. Murder, rape, genocide, orgies, incest, it was all fun for him.

      Delete
  2. Wow, talk about shock after shock. This is something I’d watch if it ever comes to be! It seems the best stories to watch are the ones based on real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like to be in a secret espionage society. Then again, I lose my phone and glasses 50 times a day, so I'd probably get kicked out on day 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like it too! I tend to notice lots of things that others don't.

      Delete
    2. You sound like Jason. He's always talking about how he sees things others don't. I'm so oblivious to my surroundings most days, it's a wonder I haven't been kidnapped and murdered yet.

      Delete
    3. Jason is like my long lost twin oftentimes. I do dress better, though LOL but he'd probably be better in the spying action itself given that I'm as flexible and movable as a walrus.

      Delete
    4. And I'm also very quiet while walking and stealthy in the darkness. Really, an elf. But fat as an orc.

      Delete
    5. Jason has 0 style sense. Less than 0. He's got his workout pants and his weekend pants (basically workout pants too lol) that he lives in when he doesn't have his work pants on. He used to dress nice when he was fit and buff like 15 years ago. I suppose the closer he gets to 40, the less he give a shit about style and the more he gravitates towards comfort. I've given up trying to get him to dress decent anymore LOL

      Delete
    6. I wear workout pants most of the time too, I have about five to ten sweatpants which I wear even to the city because I cannot stuff myself into tight jeans :) But I do match them nicely so that they look comfy classy in an urban way as much as I can with my fugly body. Jason and I have that sort of body with which you simply don't know what to do fashionwise.

      Delete
    7. Well, at least you've figured it out and try. He's completely given up lolol.

      Delete
    8. At least you can admire his bum in sweatpants, bums tend to look hot in them LOL

      Delete
  4. Velazquez, what an inspiring subbect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has so many famous paintings, not that I'm a fan of his.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.