Wednesday, May 20, 2020

EDGAR WRIGHT TO TURN THE CITY OF BRASS HISTORICAL FANTASY EGYPT SET SAGA INTO NETFLIX EPIC SERIES! NICK JONAS TO LEAD BLACKSMITH ACTION THRILLER FRANCHISE

     NICK JONAS TO LEAD
 THE BLACKSMITH THRILLER
Nick Jonas will lead the new thriller
Beside releasing big music hits, the hottest of the Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas has just landed a lead role in Taken director Pierre Morel's new action thriller THE BLACKSMITH which will also have Laurence Fishburne in the cast.
As Deadline reports, Nick will play Wes Loomis, a ‘Blacksmith’ – the intelligence community’s go-to weapons expert. When his clandestine lab is destroyed and his colleagues murdered, he must go on the run with only his unique set of technological skills and the help of a brilliant, young CIA analyst Noelle Hazlitt to keep him alive. They seek out Mather (Fishburne), a retired blacksmith and Wes’ mentor, to help guide them! Based on the graphic novel by Malik Evans and Richard Sparkman, the movie is planned as a potential franchise.

     'THE CITY OF BRASS'
EPIC TV SERIES AT NETFLIX
Edgar Wright's newly established production company Complete Fiction will turn S.A. Chakraborty's THE CITY OF BRASS, first part of The
City of Brass was published back in 2017
Daevabad trilogy, into a historical fantasy series at Netflix! Published in 2017 by Harper Collins, and set in Egypt, the 500 and plus pages long novel  brings an alternative 18th century Middle East, and follows Nahri, a talented con woman who uses palm reading and sleight of hand to swindle Ottoman nobles. During an exorcism in Cairo, she summons a djinn warrior named Dara. Nahri is taken on a journey where she meets spirits and monsters, and grows close with Dara, while  the future of a magical Middle Eastern kingdom rests in the hands of a clever and defiant young con artist with miraculous healing gifts!

14 comments:

  1. So much truth about Nick J. in that 1st line. 👏🏻 Anything with him... I'm in! 👍🏻 Not reading the spoilers because I don't like 'em. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for The Blacksmith. Not so much because the plot is enticing, but because of Nick Jonas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick never grew on me like he seems to for everyone else, but congrats to him on his rising movie career. He'll probably end up like Justin Timberlake, conquering both music and film respectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him for being sensually quiet and calm. Joe is, for example, very loud, but in a charming way too, all three kinda radiate with some kindhearted energy which isn't so common in teen pop world populated by spoilt angry brats such as Miley, Taylor, Bieber etc. And even when he is playing hot, it kinda seems natural and masculine in his case.

      Delete
    2. It's probably because of their Christian upbringing that they seem more humble than other celebrities. I will give them credit for not making the news for raunchy acts like the rest of their peers. I see there is a documentary of the family on Amazon. I may watch it sometime and see if I can change my tune on the brothers. Not that I dislike them, I've just always felt "meh" towards them, even when the girls were big fans years ago.

      Delete
    3. Probably because their music was crap when they were a group. They did have lovely Chelsea Kane from Baby Daddy in their original show. Wonder what she is doing now. Jean Luc's Carol Second Act has been cancelled, LMS has been renewed for season 9.

      Delete
    4. I did see LMS renewal. Seems to be the consensus that everyone hates the new Mandy and the foreign exchange girl. Hopefully they listen and get those issues fixed. I heard that the girl who plays Eve isn't coming back either. I am not hopeful for a great season 9 there.

      Delete
    5. New Mandy is for me better than the old one, but they keep giving her bad lines, it is not her fault, but Jen from China is just horrible, both the character and the actress even more so, probably the most hated TV character ever, the Jar Jar Binx of TV. I don't think they will sack the horrid amateur, but if they don't I'm quitting after nine years of devotion. Season 8 was borderline unwatchable, it made me laugh just once in all 22 episodes, ONCE!

      Delete
    6. The girl that plays Jen needs to tone down her acting. It's like everything she says or does she does with too much emphasis. It's annoying to say the least. I liked the old Mandy. I'm indifferent to the new one. She does seem to be growing into the part though. It's a tough thing to try to fit yourself into a role that already has an established actor, so I give her credit for trying to make that role her own.

      I wish they would give Kyle more air time. He's my favorite on the whole show. I love his naive innocence. I think he makes us laugh the most.

      Delete
    7. Oh, she is even worse in season eight, don't expect any improvement, she gets more time, in some cases almost all the time, and is utterly absolutely and disgustingly unbearable. I prefer the new Mandy because she loves Kyle, the previous one always used him and was very cynical, Kyle is now quite changed, I miss his banters with Mike, now he only has screen time with Mandy, sadly. Kyle and Ryan are my faves too. I miss Boyd, the grandson, they sacked the actor so that they could install the horrid Jen into the show. Hope he returns in the new season.

      Delete
  4. One more singer who moved to be a movie player. I will later watch Blacksmith because it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are looking to start shooting at the end of the year, so we might expect it maybe next year or in 2022.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.