Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NEW TRAILERS FOR WW2 EPIC "RED TAILS" AND "THE HUNGER GAMES". NEW SHOWS "LEGENDS" ON NBC & "THUNDERSTUCK" ON AMC & SHOWTIME'S "MASTERS OF SEX" WITH PAUL BETTANY!

I have two trailers for you today. The first one is a new trailer for epic drama RED TAILS. The exciting story is set in the final year of World War Two. As the war in Europe continues to take its toll
on Allied forces, the Pentagon brass has no recourse but to consider unorthodox options - including the untried and untested African American pilots of the experimental Tuskegee training program. Just as the young Tuskegee men are on the brink of being shut down and shipped back home, they are given the ultimate chance to show their courage. Against all the odds, with something to prove and everything to lose, these intrepid young airmen take to the skies to fight for their country - and the fate of the free world. Ready to premiere this January the movie stars Bryan Cranston, Josh Dallas (he is currently playing Prince Charming in ABC's hit show ONCE UPON A TIME), Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr, and music stars Ne Yo and Method Man.

THE LATEST TV HEADLINES
In TV headlines today, NBC has ordered a pilot for LEGENDS, a new show from the producer of HOMELAND (the hit show with Damian Lewis and Claire Danes), about an undercover agent who takes on legendary identities. The spy comes to learn that
his own identity may be a lie as well. On the other hand, AMC, the home of super popular HELL ON WHEELS and THE WALKING DEAD has acquired a pilot of THUNDER STRUCK show, which centers on mysterious UFOs that start to appear all over the world. As "Deadline" reports the show is set in the small town of Great Falls, Montana, where the citizens try to deal with this unexplained phenomena. Yet another movie stars to move to TV is Paul Bettany who will lead Showtime's MASTERS OF SEX pilot. Bettany will play William Masters, who ignited a sexual revolution through the research he performed with Virginia Johnson and they became known as a couple which taught America how to love.

And another trailer for today is the second, longer one for fantasy film THE HUNGER GAMES which should hit cinemas next March. This one is longer than the modest first clip from this
summer, but I don't like the new one either, it kinda lacks an artistic vision and depth. You might like it, though. As you know the story is set in a dystopic Capitol which requires its 12 subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl who are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. When Katniss Everdeen's little sister is chosen in the lottery, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Although persevering through hardship is commonplace for Katniss, she must start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home. The cast includes Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Wes Bentley, Stanley Tucci...

38 comments:

  1. as you are in the kitchen, Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that Hunger Games trailor! Gives me goosebumps everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, I guess you who are into YA will love the trailer as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have put March 23 on my calendar for the premiere of The Hunger Games because now I live in the city I can actually go to a movie! I even have a gift card for the theatre! Can't wait! The preview was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take Red Tails over Hunger Games every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the clips. I realized this weekend when I was sitting in the theater that none of the previews they showed were new to me. I'd seen them all here on Hollywood Spy first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two shows sound kind of interesting, the alien one a little more than the other. But it does kind of sound like Jericho with aliens..haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Tails is going to be spectacular. I am seriously interested in Paul Bettany and Masters of Sex. He sure looks like he'd be one. ;))

    Just can't get excited for Hunger Games. I just am sick of teen flicks. I'll watch it on DVD eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this Hunger Games more than the teaser. I like Jennifer Lawrence way more than Kristen Stewart as well, so hopefully this one will deliver. Not sold on Josh Hutcherson though, too kiddy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Legends sounds interesting, and the Hunger Games trailer looks alright. Plus, i did like Jennifer Lawrence in First Class and the movie has Isabelle Furhman in it who i feel should have a way bigger career by now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paul Bettany always performs well, perhaps I should rephrase that, ;D He will be great~

    Not sure about the new alien based show, but will give it a chance!

    Red Tails, looks good!

    Hunger Games looks scary good~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amusingly I have switched camps.

    I detested the idea of another teen franchise been born onto the big screen, but I really enjoyed the trailer. LO

    So fickle

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Hunger Games looks pretty cool; I've still not read any of the novels, but I like the look of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just watched Sky Crawlers and damn Red Tails seems awesome, I might watch that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red Tails sounds like a re-make of the Tuskegee Airmen. That was a good movie; so I hope Red Tails lives up.

    Are Paul Bettany's eyes for real? Wow; I'd watch him in anything :)

    I'm getting out of the YA stuff though. The trailer looks intriguing . .

    Sorry I haven't been around in a while Dezzy; been tucked into a couple critiques.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am intrigued to watch "masters of sex" an the one with UFOs:-)
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first Hunger Games trailer I've seen. Wow. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Allyson
    a gift card for cinema? Ah, I'm jealous :)

    @Marry
    me too, Marry, me too!

    @Luanne
    he he ... always glad to keep you super informed :)

    @Pat
    all three sound like interesting new shows

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Melsy
    I'm also intrigued by Paul's MASTERS OF SEX :) hope it will be R-rated :) I'm with you on YA and teen stuff, boring as hell

    @Flixy
    Josh is quite young, but he is one of the very few teen actors who can actually act

    @Dirty
    Jennifer is great, but I've never heard of Isabelle. Must check her out

    @Ella
    I'm also convinced that Paul will be great, although it will be strange seeing him on TV

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Scott
    I detest teen sagas and books too, because they are usually utterly unethical and immoral. Most of the YA writers should be arrested, if you ask me as a psychologist and a teacher.

    @Jamie
    glad you like it

    @Rgers
    RED TAILS should be good

    @Donna
    Paul does have piercing eyes, doesn't he? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That HUNGER GAMES trailer made me want to read the book for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Lurk
    it's your type of movie genre :)

    @Erena
    both should be good :)

    @Anonblog
    glad you like it :)

    @Suzie
    I've posted the teaser earlier this year, but it wasn't good

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Josh
    really? It's exactly the opposite with me :) I'm sure you will enjoy the film then next Spring

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw the trailer of Hunger Games and it left me a bit disturbed really. My son just finished reading the trilogy and I'm not really sold on it. However, as odd as the premise is, the acting looks solid and the tension is high. I can see it being as popular as many of the HP and Twilight series.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm also not sold on it, Clarissa. I hate the idea of teens being used in this way even when it has some kind of message. Most people will see it as fun not as something educational .

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohman! i'd be too distracted by paul to notice anything other than THG. though, i think i might just be too prudish to catch paul's new show!
    eeks!
    what i like about the trailer is it's devotion to the starkness that is the world of THG. it's not flashy, as would be the temptation for a movie that you want to build into a franchise.
    and the trailer focuses on the build-up, it doesn't even focus on the big scenes, the big revolution against the forces that perpetuate this evil. it just barely inches people into this gut-wrenching world, which i believe to be great story-telling. so many trailers play their big cards just to draw in the numbers... i wonder if it is because there is already so my THG hype that they can hold back like this with such a quiet understated trailer...

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Vics
    the trailer didn't do any of the things you mention to me :) but I know you loved it :) That's why I posted it, I know my ladies like that book.

    @Adam
    it does!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oddly enough, I'm unsure of the Hunger Games trailer. But I guess, that's expected after reading the book, I have my own images in my head of the people and the places.

    ReplyDelete
  29. yep, that often happens with movie adaptations of books

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree with you, Dez. The Hunger Games trailer just doesn't grab me. They need to come up with something better than that if they can.


    Lee
    Best selling author Lani Diane Rich visits
    Tossing It Out
    Wednesday November 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dezzy I am gobsmacked at all the fantastic goss and movie preview trailers you post. Bloody excellent - far better than any lame fan mag! Just watched the 'Red Tails' one with Cuba Gooding Jnr (much better than Denzil IMO but has suffered from poor choices for roles) and the action looks amazing - the CGI is really spot on. I just hope it tells a good story AND is historically accurate. The other one that caught my attention was the 'Sparticus' remake with our Aussie mate Sam Worthington. Gotta love those translated graphic novel production values a la '300' - perhaps 'Immortals' will be another? Aren't we spoiled for choice at the moment?

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Lee
    it's true, Lee, we're not going to cinema to watch that one for sure

    @Docs
    glad you like the trailers :) Fanboys are our greatest enemies and as forces of light we always fight against those Orcs :)
    Sam doesn't star in SPARTACUS :) you got that one mixed up, he stars in the remake of CLASH OF THE TITANS, or actually the sequel called WRATH OF THE TITANS, but here we adore epics and you can always find all the possible news on epic films and shows here at HOLLYWOOD SPY.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WHAAAAAAATTTTTT!!! Why do you move to TV my dear Bettany :( hiks and to play a series about sex double hiks
    This news is breaking my heart

    ReplyDelete
  34. he he the sex part in it is actually the only good news for me :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.