Wednesday, August 25, 2021

SEE MELISSA MCCARTHY, CHRIS O'DOWD, KEVIN KLINE IN MOVING NETFLIX COMEDY DRAMA THE STARLING! DISNEY + UK PREPARING NAUTILUS EPIC ADVENTURE TV SERIES ON CAPTAIN NEMO

 NAUTILUS ADVENTURE SERIES
ORDERED BY DISNEY+ UK
Beside the already announced The Ballad of Renegade Nell, epic adventure series, Disney + UK has added a new one to the genre: NAUTILUS ten part series, based on Jules Verne's work, about the origin story of Verne’s most iconic character, Captain Nemo, and his famous submarine, The Nautilus. In the series, Nemo is an Indian Prince robbed of his
Nautilus will be a ten part adventure series
birth right and family, a prisoner of the East India Company and a man bent on revenge against the forces which have taken everything from him. But once he sets sail with his ragtag crew on board the awe-inspiring Nautilus, he not only battles with his enemy, he also discovers a magical underwater world. Beowulf's James Dorner is producing.
 
  THE STARLING TRAILER 
FOR MELISSA MCCARTHY NETFLIX NEW COMEDY MOVIE
Starling will stream this month!
It took years for it to finally arrive but it will finally sing at Netflix  September 24th, announcing the arrival of Autumn: THE STARLING that Netflix paid $20 million just based on the script. The film, which will first hitcinemas September 17th, sees  Melissa McCarthy and Chris O’Dowd playing a married couple trying to rebuild their relationship after suffering a tragedy. He heads to recovery, while Lily tries to heal in the real world, including getting attacked by a starling that has built a nest near the garden she’s trying to grow. She turns to a psychiatrist turned veterinarian with baggage all his own (Kevin Kline) for help. Timothy Olyphant also stars.

10 comments:

  1. I like Melissa McCarthy and Kevin Kline. The story of the Starling seems really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not think it would be a heartwarming story, but I like that it is.

      Delete
  2. About damn time Melissa McCarthy starts taking on more serious roles. I am so sick of seeing her play the white trash hillbilly type. The Starling looks like it's so beautifully pieced together, I can see why Netflix plopped down so much for it. I'll look forward to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird she constantly takes comedy jobs as she is probably better as a serious actress.

      Delete
    2. I think so, too. I mean, she was quirky in Gilmore Girls, but in a cute way. When she went to trash comedy, I lost interest. I hope she stays in the serious side for future roles.

      Delete
    3. I don't think she will, as it does not bring her monies. But I do believe she should at least elevate her comedy.

      Delete
  3. I'm all in with The Starling. I'm not surprised one actually attacks them in the film. They're vicious, scary birds. In fact, I took down my suet feeder because the starlings were attacking the baby birds and hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.