Saturday, August 14, 2021

SAM REID IS LESTAT IN AMC'S INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE TV SERIES! JESSICA BROWN FINDLAY, SAM SPRUELL, ALESSANDRO BORGHI TO LEAD SKY'S HANGING SUN JO NESBO ADAPTATION

 INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
SAM REID TO LEAD TV SERIES 
Our dearest Sam Reid will be Lestat!
All of you who follow spy know that he is one of our dearest faves: Sam Reid has been cast as Lestat in AMC's TV series adaptation of Anne Rice's INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE! The eight episode series will start shooting later this year! The story follows Louis who, born as an 18th century lord, is now a bicentennial vampire, telling his story to an eager biographer. Suicidal after the death of his family, he meets Lestat, a vampire who persuades him to choose immortality over death and become his companion. Eventually, gentle Louis resolves to leave his violent maker, but Lestat guilts him into staying by turning a young girl whose addition to the "family" breeds even more conflict. AMC has adaptation rights on other Rice's books too on vampires.

  SKY'S THE HANGING SUN 
UNVEILS A BEAUTIFUL CAST
Speaking of dark tales, Sky has announced cast for their new original film THE HANGING SUN which follows John (Alessandro Borghi), a fugitive. He finds refuge in the forest, near an isolated village of the extreme north, where religion dominates, the sun never sets and people seem to belong
Alessandro Borghi, Jessica Brown Findlay will take the leads
to another age. The only person between him and his destiny is Lea (Jessica Brown Findlay), a woman in trouble but with great strength, and his son Caleb a curious child with a pure heart. While the midnight sun confuses reality and imagination, John will have to face the tragic past that torments him. Sam Spruell has also been cast in the film based on Jo Nesbo's Midnight Sun.

16 comments:

  1. I liked INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE movie, but never liked Tom Cruise. So this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is so much better actor than Cruise could ever hope to be LOL And a better hunk too.

      Delete
  2. He sure looks like a better Lestat! Tom Cruise never made me believe he was Lestat, let's hope Sam can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is such an amazing actor, he can make us believe anything!

      Delete
  3. Can't stand any vampire stories any more, though Sam Reid looks almost edible.
    The hanging sun seems more like my thing. Have a great weekend, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edible indeed! And some other things too LOL

      Delete
  4. Eight episodes sounds good. But... didn't you hate vampires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot stand them, but Sam Reid is my boo.

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of any of those actors, literally... 😏🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always liked Anne Rice's books. I don't recall too much about this original movie with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, but I think I liked it. I will definitely tune in to this 8 part series though! We stopped by the cemetery that actually inspired Anne Rice to write Interview With A Vampire while we were in NOLA, but sadly it was closed because of Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never actually seen the film, I never much liked watching Cruise as I cannot appreciate an actor if I'm disgusted by him as a person LOL If you do something nasty privately I will unfollow you as a star too.

      Delete
    2. I completely agree. I freaking hate Tom Cruise. With a passion! Won't watch anything that he's in now, but I was like 10 or so when this came out and TMZ wasn't a thing to expose that idiot's actions back then. Not that I paid attention anyway, but still.

      Delete
    3. Yes, scientology made him fugly as fugly gets. And Angelina made Brad fugly, so no reason for me to watch especially as I always thought Dunst was a terrible actress even though she thinks she isn't.

      Delete
  7. I agree with you Sam Reid is an amazing actor.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.