Thursday, August 12, 2021

HILARY DUFF, CHRIS LOWELL, TOM AINSLEY, SURAJ SHARMA TO LEAD HOW I MET YOUR FATHER SPIN OFF SITCOM! ITV UNVEILS CAST FOR CONFESSIONS OF FRANNIE LANGTON PERIOD SET MINI SERIES

 HOW I MET YOUR FATHER 
SPINOFF SITCOM UNVEILS CAST!
Hilary Duff is leading the sitcom cast
Hulu has set most of the cast for their spin off comedy series HOW I MET YOUR FATHER which will take place in the near future, with Hilary Duff playing Sophie who tells her son the story of how she met his father Jesse (Chris Lowell). The retelling catapults us back to the year 2021, where Sophie and her close knit group of friends are in the midst of figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to fall in love in the age of dating apps and limitless options. Francia Raisa is set to play Sophie’s roommate Valentina, an aspiring stylist, with Tom Ainsley as aristocratic Charlie, an aspiring model who fell in love
Tom Ainsley, Suraj Sharma, Chris Lowell take the male leads
with Valentina and moved after her to New York. Tien Tran will play Chris Lowell's character's adopted sister who is a lesbian, with Suraj Sharma as Jesse's best friend and roomate who owns a bar. It will be a multicamera sitcom.
 
   THE CONFESSIONS OF FRANNIE LANGTON NEW SERIES  
ITV SETS COSTUME DRAMA CAST
ITV has unveiled lead cast for their new period set TV series THE CONFESSIONS OF FRANNIE LANGTON a four part adaptation of Sara Collins novel.  Karla Simone Spence leads the cast as Frannie Langton, young protagonist born into a life of slavery who is fighting to tell her own
Karla Simone Spence takes the title role
story. Sophie Cookson is Madame Marguerite Benham and Patrick Martins is Laddie Lightning! Set against the dazzling opulence of Georgian London, the series narrates Frannie’s journey from a Jamaican plantation to the grand Mayfair mansion of celebrated scientist George Benham (Stephen Campbell Moore) and his exquisitely beautiful wife, Madame Marguerite Benham. In a misguided and monstrous gesture Frannie is gifted to Benham by the man who owns her, John Langton (Steven MacIntosh), and she is employed as a maid in the household much to her chagrin. As the plot twists and turns, events take a fateful turn as the Benhams are found murdered in their beds, with Frannie lying next to Marguerite. Frannie is accused of murder; a murder she has no recollection of, other than she couldn’t possibly have killed her mistress because she was devoted to her.
Sophie Cookson, Steven MacIntosh, Stephen Campbell Moore
Dragged away to prison, Frannie attempts to piece together the events of that night. She is deep into a laudanum addiction and unable to recall what happened. Will Frannie recall the haunting events of that night? All she knows is she loved Marguerite passionately and cannot believe she would have hurt her. But if not Frannie, who did commit the double murder? Others have motive, but only Frannie is accused and she will hang if found guilty. What hope does she have of clearing her name? Henry Pettigrew also stars.

22 comments:

  1. Hillary Duff? Now there's a blast from my past! I haven't seen her since she was Lizzie McGuire. I enjoyed How I Met Your Mother so this is one I'd watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried getting into How I Met Your Mother, and never succeeded, sadly. It never made me laugh. Big Bang also.

      Delete
    2. I never got into Big Bang either, but How I Met Your Mother was more feel good than comedy and I loved it. After I had my back surgery, I binged that show and House before binging was even a thing.

      Delete
  2. Not sure either of these would be for me. I'm not much for comedies and I have little patience for boring shows. I mostly watch paranormal or horror type shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't do horror here, lol, we're wholesome and family oriented lol

      Delete
  3. THE CONFESSIONS OF FRANNIE LANGTON would be something for me. We are watching a Belgian crime drama last days...so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice when you find a lovely little European drama to watch. I have a few Spanish ones to watch this year.

      Delete
  4. Like you, I never got into How I Met Your Mother. I'm not really a Duff fan, so I'll probably skip that one. I will, however, watch Confessions. I'm interested to see who the murderer is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary Duff is really so nice actor! Did you remember "a cinderalla story " Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used to be a singer as well.

      Delete
    2. Did i confuse the people! A Cinderalla story was a musical but not sure she sang a song there

      Delete
  6. It's a no from me to the guys in the cast (at least look-wise... didn't expect anything different than geeky & average-looking dudes because it's that type of a show & follows HIMYM - go figure) but I'll probably still watch the show, even though I couldn't stand the original. 😏 Why?

    Well because I love Hilary Duff! 💚 FYI, she's still a singer. She's just slower with music releases than some other artists. I've watched the whole Younger show because of her. Used to love her in Lizzie McGuire, too. And elsewhere. She's just got that somethin'. 👌🏻

    Also, same as you, didn't like Big Bang either. 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Tom Ainsley is a stunner, and Lowell is a cutie pie. Perfect for a sitcom. It is interesting that Suraj Sharm is the kid from The Life of Pi.

      Delete
    2. Agree to disagree. 😜 Oh, didn't know that. A fun-fact. 👍🏻

      Delete
  7. My new flame has the same hair as Karla Simone. It doesn't stop there. :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.