Saturday, August 21, 2021

IOAN GRUFFUDD, GREGORY FITOUSSI TO LEAD THE REUNION TV SERIES BASED ON MUSSO'S WORLDWIDE BESTSELLER! BBC TO ADAPT THE ENGLISH PATIENT INTO A PERIOD SET TV SERIES

    IOAN GRUFFUDD TO LEAD   
THE REUNION TV SERIES
Welsh star Ioan Gruffudd will lead the cast
As Variety reports, the French riviera set small screen adaptation of Guillaume Musso’s bestselling novel “La Jeune Fille et la Nuit,” has started shooting on location in the south of France with an international cast headlined by Ioan Gruffudd, Ivanna Sakhno and Grégory Fitoussi. Done for French television, Italian RAI and German ZDF, English language series THE REUNION opens in the present day, at a high school reunion in the south of France where three former friends reconnect. They grew apart and lost touch, but they are still bound by a tragic secret tied to the disappearance of a high school girl who went missing 25 years ago in the region. The book on
French star Gregory Fitoussi will also star in Reunion
which the six part series is based has been translated into more than 35 languages so far. Musso has been France's most popular writer for ten consecutive years now.

   THE ENGLISH PATIENT   
BBC WORKING ON TV ADAPTATION
Speaking of new series, BBC is apparently in early stages of adapting Michael Ondaatje's THE ENGLISH PATIENT into a period set TV series. As Deadline reports, it will offer a new vision of the story about four dissimilar
The series is in early stages of production
people brought together at an Italian villa during World War II! Emily Ballou (who also wrote Becoming Elizabeth for Starz) is penning the script which follows a unrecognisably burned man — the eponymous patient, presumed to be English — his Canadian Army nurse, a Sikh British Army sapper and a Canadian thief. Set behind the North African and Italian campaigns of the Second World War, the book is told out of sequence and moves back and forth between the patient’s memories before his accident and the current evens at the bomb-damaged Italian monastery.

16 comments:

  1. The English Patient sounds like a good one, but I'm not sure about the shifting timelines. I've been super scatter brained lately and may find it difficult to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually seen the Oscar winning movie, it always seemed boring to me.

      Delete
    2. It was boring to me. Idk why it got such praise.

      Delete
    3. Then I won't like it either! I generally find all Kristin Scott's films boring and Fiennes ain't exactly thrilling either, unlike his brother.

      Delete
  2. I would like to read Micheal Ondaatjes's book then watch this film. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the film English patient a couple of times and would love to watch it in TV series again! Have a marvelous weekend, Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it is not boring then? I will have to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Haven't seen him since Fantastic Four, I think 😏🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He mostly starred in smaller shows, I missed most of them myself as they did not interest me.

      Delete
  5. Zzzz. Now, if this were the American patient starring Nicole Kidman...

    The look on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd watch the French one, but would skip The English Patient. The movie was enough to put me to sleep, I don't need a series to expand on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless they cast someone very hot.

      Delete
    2. I don't even think a hot actor would make me tune in. Unless there was nudity. Lots and lots of nudity ;)

      Delete
    3. I can think of a dozen of English actors that would make me tune in. David Oakes for example, Jack Lowden...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.