Friday, December 19, 2014

NEIL JACKSON IS PRINCE OF 'LUMEN' IN TNT'S NEW FANTASY ADVENTURE TV SERIES! ROMANTIC MUSICAL 'THE LAST FIVE YEARS' POSTER AND TRAILER WITH ANNA KENDRICK, JEREMY JORDAN

NEIL JACKSON JOINS
TNT'S 'LUMEN' FANTASY SERIES
In  the news from our favourite fantasy genre, TNT's upcoming fantasy adventure television series LUMEN has cast its prince! 'Deadline' reports that super dashing Brit Neil Jackson (whom we noticed when he played naughty driver in BBC's UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS) has joined the show about the famous author of a best selling series of fantasy books suddenly who disappears, and a family of four finds themselves transported to the mystical alternate world that inspired her work. 

PRINCE DAI OF LUMEN
Neil Jackson will play Prince Dai of LUMEN who’s also the long lost husband and father of the family. Stunned to see his wife and son in LUMEN, Dai explains how he came to be on Earth and why he left them, unwillingly, to go back to Lumen, his home. I've reported recently that Sam Jaeger will play the stepfather, while Wynn Everett will be the author! Young actor Simon Kassianides will play Bevan Gravewood, the Captain of the Emperor’s Royal Guard in Lumen!

'THE LAST FIVE YEARS'
ROMANTIC MUSICAL TRAILER
The first poster and a trailer have been released for THE LAST FIVE YEARS, a musical deconstruction of a love affair and a marriage taking place over a five year period. Jamie Wellerstein (Jeremy Jordan) is a young, talented up and coming novelist who falls in love with Cathy Hiatt (Anna Kendrick I personally cannot stand the screeching frequency of her voice), a struggling actress. Their story is told almost entirely through songs using an intercutting time line device; all of Cathy's songs begin at the end of their marriage and move backwards in time to the beginning of their love affair while Jamie's songs start at the beginning of their affair and move forward to the end of their marriage. Its beautiful pop music score portrays an honest, heartbreaking, often funny, exploration of love and it's consequences on individual identity. It's out next February!


DEZZY'S CHRISTMAS CAKE MAGIC
Mark your calendars for Monday December 22nd because that is the day Dezzy will bake his scrumptious strawberry cake over at my sweet sister Theresa's MIXED NUTS blog in honour of Christmas and her birthday!

35 comments:

  1. A musical? Ugh. I did like her Cups song from Pitch Perfect, though. She didn't really have to hit the high notes in that one. Yeah...I watched the trailer. This one looks a little too musical-ish for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like musical movies, but her voice is just too much for my ears, such an unpleasant tone it has

      Delete
  2. Hope you're well, Dezzy! Love the balls! And did you put on a darker green outfit?
    I've been sick so I've missed out on so much this week!
    Look at Neil Jackson's eyes - beautiful! Luminous. I love musicals but not sure about this one. Reminds me of TV show voices in "Glee."
    Poor Sarah Connor won't play here.
    See you at "Mixed Nuts," can't wait!!! Lucky us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my usual winterish outfit :)
      Hope you're getting better! I'd bring you tea and come over to make you some immunity boosting fruit smoothies if I was any closer.
      Sarah's video works, try again.
      I think you will like my (in)famous Strawberry cake at Theresa's on Monday!

      Delete
    2. Sarah says, "uploader not available in your country." I knew it. One day we'd be banned!

      I added Theresa to my reading list so she'll pop up first thing! Also went over to visit and "A Christmas Story" was "playing" Funny!!

      Delete
    3. Tis a unique day when Americans face the territory ban at YouTube :))) It is usually just us from the smaller countries :) Try to find the song at YouTube, I think you'd like it!

      Methinks Theresa follows back, so feel free to befriend her :)

      Delete
    4. I'll look for Sarah. Found Kendi last week - wow, she has a rich heritage!
      Thank you!

      Delete
    5. Don't miss Sarah's SKIN ON SKIN too :)

      Delete
    6. Dezz... did she say she loves the balls?

      Delete
    7. Just checking. It's my eyes, you know....

      Delete
  3. Last Five Years is probably a cute story, but I'm not sure I could handle all of the singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, too much of it and not done with nice voices :)

      Delete
  4. That Neil Jackson is certainly a handsome cuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was ever so naughty in DOWNSTAIRS UPSTAIRS, always wanted me a driver who likes to cross the lines between the stairs at night..... ^_^

      Delete
  5. The Last Five Years looks like a great date night for myself and a pint of Ben and Jerry. Lol! When I watch it though, I'll be too busy listening to the sound of her voice. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they say it features tones of popular songs although I didn't recognise any in the trailer lol

      Delete
    2. Lol is her voice that annoying???

      Delete
    3. when she hits the high tones it's unbearable :)

      Delete
  6. Nothing much for me here today, Dezzy, but thought I'd swing by to say 'hello' nevertheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've seen a movie with anna kendrick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't like Anna Kendrick's voice. And I think this movie concept has already been done before, minus the singing. It had Emily Blunt in it. Can't think of the name right now, but I am sure you know what I am talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like her voice and the fact that some think she is a lead star material! What? With that face?

      Delete
    2. Agreed! You always say exactly what I am thinking. Though as a woman, I am programmed not to be too critical of other women (out loud anyway hahaha).

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I'm really excited about it! After this year's success with THE LAST SHIP, TNT is trying to build up more expensive shows which can attract wide viewership

      Delete
  10. MMMMM scrumptious strawberry cake!!
    Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you still haven't made my Christmas cake from last year :)

      Delete
    2. One day...
      This year I have an excuse, my fridge is still out and I'm living out of the deep freeze in my garage. I was told the check is in the mail, but I've herd that line before...

      Delete
    3. that must be hellish :( Freaking insurance, it's been more than a month now, what are they waiting? But at least you're insured.... Hope you manage to replace everything soon... I remember living without any electricity during NATO bombings for three or four months and it wasn't fun...

      Delete
  11. Neil Jackson is amazing such a talented actor love to see him in lumen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we really hope LUMEN isn't dead. We've seen some really gorgeous photos from it, but there have been no news on what is happening with that one!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.