Sunday, November 27, 2011

SPOTLIGHT ON "EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE" WITH SANDRA BULLOCK & TOM HANKS, AND "MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL" WITH TOM CRUISE

 Check out HOLLYWOOD SPY's spotlight on two of the upcoming blockbusters which will hit cinemas at the end of December, premiering this festive season.
 GHOST PROTOCOL
If you want your festive season spiced up with some action, you might want to check out MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL. The new film in the series which has grossed $2 billion dollars worldwide, will feature locations in Dubai, Moscow, Prague and Vancouver, and will have the IMF shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name. The cast of this
$140 million worth movie is lead by Tom Cruise, but since there's an idea of him passing the lead role in the franchise onto someone else in the future, there's Jeremy Renner too. They are joined by Simon Pegg, Josh Holloway and Tom Wilkinson. The team also features some Academy Award winners such as director of photography Robert Elswit ("There Will Be Blood"), editor Paul Hirsch ("Star Wars") and visual effects producer Tom Peitzman ("Mission: Impossible III", "Alice in Wonderland"). Brad Bird, the director of the film, is also an Oscar winner as the creator of famous animated films THE INCREDIBLES and RATATOUILLE.

EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE
One of the films which will try to touch you deeply when you are the most vulnerable (which means exactly at Christmas) is
powerful drama with a long title EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE. Directed by famous genius and amazing Oscar winner Stephen Daldry (THE HOURS, THE READER, BILLY ELLIOT), this movie is actually an adaptation of the bestselling book by Jonathan Safran Foer which follows eleven-year-old Oskar Schell, an exceptional child: amateur inventor, Francophile, pacifist. After finding a mysterious key that belonged to his father, who died in the World Trade Center on 9/11, he embarks on an exceptional journey, an urgent, secret search through the five boroughs of New York. As Oskar roams the city, he encounters a motley assortment of humanity, who are all survivors in their own ways. Ultimately, Oskar's journey ends where it began, but with the solace of that most human experience: love. The cast of the film is lead by Sandra Bullock (looks like a powerful role), Tom Hanks and little Thomas Horn, beside John Goodman, James Gandolfini and Viola Davis.
When it comes to Tom Cruise, he has two films planned for the future: the remake of ROCK OF AGES in which he will star next to Catherine Zeta Jones, and huge sf epic HORIZONS. Jeremy Renner is, as you know, Hawkeye in THE AVENGERS and he is taking another franchise from an older star in THE BOURNE LEGACY. Sandra Bullock has a lot of projects ahead of her,  the biggest probably being sf epic GRAVITY with George Clooney

29 comments:

  1. Ghost Protocol looks like it could be fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ghost Protocol is going to be a high octane supersonic thrill ride from start to finish and I cannot wait to see it. I will wait on Incredibly Loud, but it looks good.

    Rock of Ages is one I'm scratching my head over. I can't see Cruise as a rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melsy
    I think I will watch INCREDIBLY LOUD only to see Sandra Bullock, because judging from the trailer it could be an Oscar worthy performance from her.
    And we shall definitely avoid ROCK OF AGES :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely loud is one I'll probably watch on DVD. I'm intrigued by that poster.

    And I'm not happy about Matt Damon being replaced as Bourne. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, I don't know what you ladies see in Damon :) Can't stand the guy, but I don't like Renner either, so I'm definitely avoiding Bourne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to an action adventure blockbuster for a long time. Maybe I'll take in Mission Impossible -- it looks good. I like Tom Cruise in a movie; I don't care what anyone says.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you liked them, Interwebs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Debs
    he he that's the spirit, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I loved Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...I hope the movie does it justice.

    PS...White chocolate mousse is up on Monday~

    ReplyDelete
  10. The third MI was actually damn good, whether or not the fourth turns out to be we shall see. Only Tom Cruise movie I liked in the last decade or so. Yeah Renner I don't like much either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know they were making MI4

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know, Tom Cruise is kind of crazy.

    Ok, very crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa...nice picture,Sandy is so beautiful, She and Nakama Yukie are my female crush...If I was a boy,I'd be obsess with them like I am with certain Irish man. Despite the not so interesting story of ELIC, I will still watch it for Tom and Sandy.

    Arrrggghhh...why Pegg? why? I don't want to watch MI but I want to watch Simon Pegg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Extremely Loud is pure Oscar bait. Didn't like the novel much either.

    Dunno why MI4 is being released at Christmas, because it's the kind of thing best left in a summer release slot. Action and Christmas don't go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the trailer of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I want to go see it now. Looks like a powerful film with the right cast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @LiZZY
    I hope the film won't disappoint too, Lizzy, and thanks for making white chocolate mousse for moi :) Everybody knows that I don't like chocolate too much, and that, when I do eat it I prefer white one, so everybody brings me white chocolate and I always have tones of it, so I have supplies for using in baking :)

    @Pat
    he he I'm now trying to remember a film with Tom that I actually liked, and I can't. Maybe VALKIRA. That's the only film in which he was more or less good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Adam
    they are

    @DWeil
    oh, whom are we kidding? He is extremely crazy :)

    @Novia
    he plays in TINTIN too, this year, yes? I think I watched him only in STAR TREK

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Movies
    I totally agree, I don't get the premiere of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE in winter, either. Maybe they were afraid that it wasn't good enough for summer movie clash?

    @KC
    be welcome, glad you liked the trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ghost protocol is a great movie. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reluctant to admit that they made Mission Impossible look good in the trailer. I was a tad reluctant to see it because 1. it's another mission impossible, and 2. it's Tom Cruise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Dezzy Only in Starwars? Haven't you seen Shaun of The Dead?

    ReplyDelete
  22. nope, I don't watch horrors and American comedies :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shaun is British Comedy ;)
    Zombieland is American comedy
    I love Shaun waaaaay better than Zombieland. and your missing one hell of a great movie for not seeing Shaun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. People can complain all they way, but I didn't mind M:I3 at all. Can't wait for Ghost Protocol. And to piggyback on what Novroz said, you NEED to watch SHAUN OF THE DEAD. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield, Lucy Davis, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton, and Peter Serafinowicz. Classic Edgar Wright.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joshy, I must admit I've no idea who this people you've just named are :) except Bill Nighy, off course :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.