Tuesday, August 22, 2023

FRASIER REVIVAL AIR DATE AND FIRST IMAGES REVEALED! NETFLIX AUSTRALIA ORDERS DELTA GOODREM, JOSHUA SASSE ROMANTIC MOVIE LOVE IS IN THE AIR AND LAVISH, EPIC SERIES DESERT KING

   FRASIER REVIVAL   
GETS AIR DATE AND 1ST PICS
Paramount Plus has released first images and also a launch date for the revival of beloved sitcom FRASIER which returns with new episodes October 12th with a two episode premiere and will then stream the rest weekly. It is interesting that the series will also go broadcast airing on CBS from October 17th!  
 
KELSEY GRAMMER RETURNS
 to portray the titular character who has returned to Boston, where everybody knows your name, as his grown son Freddy (Jack Cutmore-Scott) enters college. Frasier is also embarking on a new chapter of his life back in his old stomping grounds with new challenges, new relationships to forge and an old dream or two to fulfill finally.

 THE TEN EPISODE SERIES
 also stars Nicholas Lyndhurst as Frasier’s old college buddy turned university professor Alan; Toks Olagundoye as Olivia, Alan’s colleague and head of the university’s psychology department; Jess Salgueiro as Freddy’s roommate Eve; and Anders Keith as Frasier’s nephew David. Bebe Neuwirth will reprise the role of Lilith, ex-wife of Frasier and mother of Freddy. Perri Gilpin, who played Roz in the original Frasier, is also returning. You can also check out the first teaser below which reveals the title song of the new series.
 

   NETFLIX AUSTRALIA   
ORDERS DELTA GOODREM FILM
Netflix Australia has ordered a slate of new projects which includes new Delta Goodrem movie LOVE IS IN THE AIR which will stream September 28th also starring Joshua Sasse as her love interest. Delta plays a seaplane pilot flying in the north Australian tropics who falls in love with the man sent to ruin her business.
 
DESERT KING SERIES
In the series department, Netflix will go Down Under to produce DESERT KING set in the Australian Outback, an epic succession tale which revolves around billionaire miners, traditional owners, cowboys and desert gangsters fighting over the world’s biggest cattle station the size of Wales. It’s a hot, dusty, sexy Outback Western with guns and helicopters. It is directed by Greg McLean and created by Tim Lee and Ben Davies. The story is set in a place where timeless meets modern, and where landscape is life and livelihood, but also mortal danger!

12 comments:

  1. I like Fraiser too, but still prefer his roll as the mayor of Chicago in Boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that one. I hope new Frasier will be intelligent like the original one, but I will miss Niles as he was my fave, and Daphne too. It seems two of the best characters will not be present.

      Delete
  2. I used to watch Frasier when it was on so I might check this out. But more times than not when they try to come back after so much time it just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost always, only Fuller House and Mad About You were nice in revivals, Will and Grace, Murphy Brown, Sex and the City, Gilmore Girl all beyond terrible in their returns.

      Delete
  3. Let's hope that Frasier is a pleasant revival. I agree that most of them are disasters when they come back. I still haven't watched Night Court. What are your thoughts on its return so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is OK and cute, not legendary, but it does make me laugh a few times in each episode, it is on a crazy side, plus I have hots for Kapil Talwalkar who stars in it. It is cute enough to give it a go, but I do prefer Ted Lasso.

      Delete
    2. Allison has us watching Mindy Project right now, but I did earmark Ted Lasso for our next round!

      Delete
    3. I tried Mindy a few years ago, and then erased the whole season after just five minutes into the first episode when they crack a very ignorant and sick joke about Serbs. I was like adios muchachos.

      Delete
    4. Oof, I don't remember that joke, but I certainly don't blame you for erasing it then. I don't think you would have liked the series anyway, tbh. She's superficial and self involved, what Allison likes to call a "pick me!" girl. The male doctors in it are funny and cute, so that's what keeps me from moving on. We're only on season 2.
      Ted Lasso looks like it's on Apple TV. I'm going to have to decide if I want to go that route or HBO at the end of the month when we cancel our Hulu. I might just cancel Disney in addition to Hulu though and sign up for Apple and HBO, but I hate getting rid of Disney since I like to have it available when the family with little kids come to visit.

      Delete
    5. Aren't Disney and Hulu in package together?

      Delete
    6. If they are it's not combined on my subscriptions. I know there's some shows on Hulu that tell me that I can't watch without an add on service, idk what that means, but it could have something to do with Disney.

      Delete
    7. I know that Disney bought Hulu and that many shows from Disney stream on Hulu as well a day later, but I don't know how it actually works.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.