Sunday, September 4, 2022

PERIOD SET HINDI MOVIES: VENICE SET MAGICAL ADVENTURE RADHE SHYAM AND JOGI DRAMA SET AFTER THE 1980'S ASSASSINATION OF INDIRA GANDHI

  HINDI MOVIES TO WATCH  
BEAUTIFUL RADHE SHYAM
Although this is definitely a historical weekend dedicated to the launch of LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER, the most expensive epic TV series the world has ever seen, which was already watched by record
Radhe Shyam is available on Netflix
breaking 25 million people just on Friday, I will entertain you today with two period set movies from India, starting with RADHE SHYAM a romantic drama which aired in cinemas this March, but is available for streaming both on Prime Video and Netflix.
 
IN 1976 Vikramaditya, a palmist and disciple of Paramahamsa, predicts to Indian Prime Minsiter Indira Gandhi that soon she will declare emergency in the country. The prediction comes true and he becomes famous but has to leave the country never the less. Two years later Vikramaditya is a renowned palmist in Italy and loves to travel all over. He returns to his house after a long time to be with his mother and friend Vedant. During a train journey he meets Prerna and falls for her. Once Vikramaditya predicts future to a businessman Mahendra Rajput, for which he is not ready. His men chase him down the road where he ends up in an accident and lands in the hospital where Prerna works as a doctor. Vikramaditya and Prerna fall in love but her uncle asks her to stay away from him. Once while traveling in a train Vikramaditya finds that all passengers in it have short life and the train will have an accident. He tries to save them but in vain. Prerna starts to believe in his predictions and asks him to check her palm and collapses in his arms. Her uncle tells Adithya that Prerna is suffering from rare tumor and has few months to live. But Vikramaditya tells that he has seen Prerna's palm and that she has long life ahead and that his prediction have never gone wrong.
 

JOGI MOVIE DRAMA
Also available on Netflix is another Hindi historical drama JOGI out September 16th! Set amid tension in 1980s India, this movie follows three friends of different faiths who unite in a noble yet dangerous effort to save hundreds in their town. The film depicts the riots that took place after the assassination of the third Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi, by her Sikh bodyguard. After the incident, an Anti-Sikh Riot was started resulting in the death of 2,800 Sikhs in Delhi and 3,350 Sikhs nationwide! Popular Indian actor-singer Diljit Dosanjh leads the cast.

12 comments:

  1. As a kid, I watched quite a bit of Indian films..really love their dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one above has those singing and dance numbers, you can see them all at YouTube. Hindi song 'Coka 2.0' is actually my fave song currently, cannot stop singing it lol

      Delete
  2. I’ll be sure to look on Netflix for the first one. It sounds interesting. Can you imagine what a burden that would be, knowing the life span of people??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a music producer here who visited Bulgarian baba Vanga while she was alive and she told him when exactly he would die, so he lives peacefully, knowing exactly how much time he has to finish everything he wanted in life.

      Delete
    2. That would be a burden for me. Did he ever tell anyone when he would die? How do we know if she was correct in her prediction?

      Delete
    3. She predicted pretty much everything including Muslims ruling Europe in next few centuries and then Russia taking over.

      Delete
    4. I'm torn on whether I would like to know or not. I mean, I'd totally make a few changes right now if I knew that the end was very near. No more work, no more rat race. I'd probably live a more peaceful life as well. But alas, I have to assume that I'm going to need money for some time yet, so I shall keep slaving away every day.

      Delete
    5. I've never thought about it, but I do assume I won't live long, which is why I constantly lack enthusiasm. With my heart I could go tomorrow or in ten years, who knows.

      Delete
  3. Did you watch The Lord of the Rings? I wonder if it's worth the hype!

    The first one looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, you have my review over at my Facebook profile.

      Delete
  4. There was a time, 12 scores ago, when I was kindly requested to watch a truckload of Hindi movies. I'm still in rehab...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you learn a dance number or two from them? I'd totally love to see you do a hindi dance!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.