Monday, March 23, 2020

STAY HOME AND WATCH MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE PERIOD SET TV SERIES THIS MARCH ON YOUR TV WITH STUART MARTIN AND KATE PHILLIPS

  'MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE'
LONDON'S 1ST LADY DETECTIVE
As promised, your trusted spy continues presenting you with all the new series and films you can watch in the comfort of your homes during the
The series starts March 31st on Alibi!
corona virus lockout. And if you go out even if you don't really have to, may you forever be cursed with watching just Kristen Stewart's films! Your latest period set treat arrives next week: new 19th century historical crime drama MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE will start airing its six episodes on Alibi in United Kingdom from March 31st following Kate Phillips as Eliza Scarlet who joins forces with a Scotland Yard Inspector William Wellington (our dearest Jamestown and Medici star Stuart Martin) to solve crime in 19th century London. The series is also expected to air this year on PBS Masterpiece in United States, RTL in Germany,  CBC in Canada, Seven
PBS Masterpiece will air it in USA
Network in Australia, Lightbox in New Zealand!

Miss Scarlet And The Duke
follows Eliza Scarlet (Kate Phillips) who, after her father (Kevin Doyle) dies, is left penniless in a time where marriage is her only option for financial security. But the headstrong Eliza is determined to find another way. Luckily, she has an ace up her bonnet – her father’s business – a private detective agency. Eliza knows all the tricks of the trade but as a genteel 19th century lady she’s never been allowed to put them into practice. To operate in this man’s world, she needs a partner. Step forward Detective Inspector William Wellington (Stuart
Stuart Martin plays The Duke in the new series
Martin) of Scotland Yard, who is also known as “The Duke;” drinker, gambler and womaniser. Eliza and The Duke strike up a mismatched, fiery relationship that will crackle and smoulder with sexual tension as they team up to solve crime in the murkiest depths of 1880’s London.

Who Else Is in Victorian London?
The series, executive produced and written by Rachael New (Grantchester), also stars Ansu Kabia as their helper Moses, a useful crook from Jamaica, and Andrew Gower as Rupert Parker, Eliza’s friend who
Kate Phillips plays the female lead in the new series
helps her start her detective agency. Matthew Malone will play PC Honeychurch, with Danny Midwinter as Frank Jenkins. Check out the feminist trailer below and tell us do you think hitting a policemen (or any
The series will air in six hourlong episodes in the first season
man) is a feminist or just plain disgusting and appalling thing to do? Should violence be presented as fun in movies and series even if it is 'just' a little slap? Would it be the same if the genders were reversed? And do you think Kate
The showrunner and the creator of the series is  Rachael New
Phillips has enough (if any) charisma for a series lead? We're not sure, her acting seems terribly bland and plastic in the trailer, but we shall give the series a chance because of Stuart Martin who never disappoints. 

16 comments:

  1. Love their promotional photos, the graphic designer did a great job! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite shocked with the number of posters we got, we usually don't get more than one or two, sometimes none LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is series, deary, not a film :) Six episodes!

      Delete
  3. This one looks great! I can't stand Kristen Stewart.. luckily the only time I ventured out this week was for a walk around the block. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to watch half of a Kristen Stewarts's movie for that :)

      Delete
  4. That's a pretty wicked curse you set there LOL. Would really serve them right. Pissed me off that I left the house today for a mammogram, go all the way to the clinic, checked in, sat for an hour, then they told me they didn't open the radiation ward today and I would have to reschedule. They couldn't call me and tell me that before I left my fricken house and came to a germ filled clinic. They were dousing us in sanitizer at the door, but I would have preferred to not leave the safety of my home if I didn't have to today :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such bastards. How is your health, deary dahlink? Reminds me when we had to go to court after dad died to settle the usual probate proceedings and I remember that my brother had to take an hour free from work for it and I had a surgery two days before that, so it wasn't easy for none of us to get there. But when we came a secretary came out after half an hour of waiting and told us the judge isn't there that day and that we have to reschedule. Don't they have phones?

      Delete
    2. Ugh! Ridiculous of them to do that to your family too. You know if the tables were turned, they would send us a bill for wasting their time!

      Health is so-so right now. My ultrasound and MRI I had earlier this month showed I have cysts on both of my ovaries and one in my fallopian tube and endometriosis which would explain the horrid stomach cramps/irregular bleeding I've been having for the past 6 months. Since the surgery to fix that is elective, I have to wait until this whole virus business passes before I can get an appointment. So, I'll be in pain for the next few months, at least, it seems. I have a fracture in my L5 vertebrae, which is consistent with someone that has severe ulcerative colitis. Probably happened when I was really sick last summer as my blood work shows only slight inflammation right now as opposed to the high levels last year. I don't know what they will do about that since my colonoscopy was recently cancelled. So, right now everything is a waiting game.

      How are you holding up, dahlink?

      Delete
    3. You really should go full raw food in your diet, it takes some exploration and study to do, but it cures such complex systematic problems that you have. I don't know why I have a feeling it would help you, but I do. Us as humans were created to eat raw food, veggies, fruit and grains, no meat, dairy, wheat and cooking. Most of our today's health problems derive from us not respecting that. Colitis shows that your body does not like some of the things you eat. I know it's gluten for me, probably.

      Delete
    4. Dahlink, I have tried every diet known to man over the past 20 years to fix this. Raw does seem best, though I haven't found that magic combination as some raw foods cause excruciating pain for me. I did cut out gluten for about 6 months and saw no change. Added it back in a few months ago and it had no negative effect on my tummy. I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. I love me some bread and hated giving it up for 1/2 a year. Turmeric has been a godsend for me though. I was only doing 1 capsule a day, but I upped it to two and I think that's what's gotten my inflammation down since last year. I did try smoking marijuana for a few months, and while it did wonders to help me sleep through the night (giving my body time to repair itself) I hated how it made me feel. Jason did find me some 1:1 CBD THC drops that I've been taking for about 2 months now that don't leave me feeling in a daze, though we have to drive to Michigan to get that as it's still illegal here in Indiana. I'm going to try making some pot brownies while we're on lock down with my leftover stash of weed. Once we're allowed to have the plants (at least in Michigan) I want to grow my own and use the flowers to make smoothies. Many on my colitis support groups swear a smoothie each morning keeps them symptom free all day. (I hate living in ass backwards Indiana and not being able to get with the times. Another reason why we're looking to move across the state line into Michigan by the end of the year!)

      Delete
    5. Michigan rules! Doing raw food is very complex and needs to be done with someone who is expert nutritionist on it. People who themselves live on such food. I'm saying it because everyone I've heard of who cured themselves from colitis, bowel and other cancers and cysts did exactly that. With smoothies of course, use of dehydrator and all those magical plants like cannabis, turmeric, aloe honey, clay etc. People here also do full cleansing treatment which includes a three month therapy on green walnut, tea tree, clove and mugwort.

      Delete
  5. Please tell me that I can watch this in US? I loved the trailer....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we've written in the post, it will air on PBC Masterpiece for US audience, not sure about the date.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.