Monday, November 21, 2011

LOVELY POSTERS FOR MARTIN SCORSESE'S "HUGO"! DWAYNE JOHNSON IN "THE MONSTER HUNTER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE"! KIT HARINGTON IS THE KING IN "ARTHUR & LANCELOT" EPIC MOVIE!

 It seems that our dear Dwayne Johnson is really busy these days. We've seen the trailer for JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND in which he plays the lead role, he is currently shooting GI. JOE 2: RETALIATION in which he plays Roadblock, and now "Deadline" reports that he has joined THE MONSTER HUNTER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE, an adventure based upon a graphic novel by John Paul Russ, which is filled with comprehensive instructions on how to track down and slay various dangerous monsters. Dwayne will also star in SNITCH, as a father who goes undercover in prison in order to catch a drug dealer and thus help his jailed son.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Beside ASSASSINS CREED, another video games which is getting a movie adaptation is RAMPAGE. As "HeatVision" writes,
New Line is looking to adapt this story about three normal humans who are transformed into a gigantic lizard, werewolf, and gorilla after a military experiment went awry. They apparently want an INDEPENDENCE DAY scale for this one. As you've probably heard over the weekend, the race for the actor who will play the king in ARTHUR & LANCELOT is over, and instead of Luke Evans or Liam Hemsworth, the role went to GAME OF THRONES Kit Harrington. He will join Joel Kinnaman from THE KILLING show, who plays Lancelot. As you remember the producers are trying to get Gary Oldman as Merlin, and the whole project will apparently be in the line of BRAVEHEART with lots of action.

As you know, my little freaks, Monday is always boring when it comes to film news, so the only clip I have for you is a new one from Martin Scorsese's HUGO, an adventure film for kids which
premieres this Thanksgiving. Starring Jude Law and Ben Kingsley, the film tells the story of an orphan boy living a secret life in the walls of a Paris train station. With the help of an eccentric girl, he searches for the answer to a mystery linking the father he
recently lost, the ill-tempered toy shop owner living below him and a heart shaped lock, seemingly without a key. The movie is based on the bestselling and award winning book from Brian Selznick.

33 comments:

  1. I love Dwayne Johnson and I can't wait to see HUGO! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed :) And welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we shall be seeing you here often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dwayne Johnson. He is so brutally hot. I just watched him in Fast Five and whoa, baby! hose me down!!! ;))

    Not impressed with Hugo, another boy-centric adventure to me. Can't believe they gave Kit the role of Arthur. He's not kingly enough for me. Ah well...he may impress me yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who Kit Harrington is because I STILL haven't seen Game of Thrones. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGO is a must see for me.

    THE MONSTER HUNTER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE sounds amusing. However, RAMPAGE just sounds... wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugo looks like it will actually be a good one. The only thing I like the Rock in recently was Fast Five, his Tooth Fairy crap reminded me way way too much of Mr. Nanny and that's never a good thing..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of Dwayne Johnson! Can you smell what The Rock is cooking? :)

    HUGO is on my must-see list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Early buzz is how Hugo is amazing! I cant wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugo sounds really promising. Perhaps I should go out for once and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think HUGO is going to be an instant classic!1

    Happy Monday Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excited to see Hugo!!! It looks great! Will take the kiddos to see this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the success Dwayne has had since he went from the wrestling although I've seen him back at the WWE this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Melsy
    I probably won't watch HUGO either, I'm not a fan of the director and don't trust him. Although I did like Kit in GAME OF THRONES, I agree that with casting him and Joel, the film has lost on its epicness and will probably be a flop. They needed stronger names.

    @Luanne
    You would probably like him, he was the most popular character in the show among the general audience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lundy
    I totally agree on the RAMPAGE :) when I Googled the game last night I've concluded it was some sick crap :) and I didn't even like the visual aspect of the game

    @Pat
    I have a very deep respect for Dwayne choosing family roles instead of continuing his career in action films. In today's dark and grim world, choices like his should be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jennifer
    cooking? You think he is cooking? :)

    @Steve
    it is lovely visually and it might score good since it is Thanksgiving

    @Rgers
    I think it premieres this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Scott
    happy Monday to you as well, Scottie

    @Sam
    the kiddos will probably like it :)

    @Peeps
    glad to hear that

    @Lurk
    the only WWF star I know is one of your Irish boys, that hunkilicious Sheimus or what is his name :) Love him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dwayne Johnson really is busy these days. He even made a return to WWE! How I miss the days of The Rock..!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...I'm actually really excited about Hugo. It is going to be interesting seeing how the guy that made Raging Bull and Goodfellas goes about making a kids fantasy. But Scorsese is a genius so I expect him to deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw a commercial for HUGO last night. Can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also see that your counter at the right ticked over 900,000 hits. That's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hugo I'm considering watching. Rampage... No thanks. :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like The Rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Dan
    HUGO will probably have certain success thanks to a holiday release, I'm sure many parents will take their kiddos to cinema this Thanksgiving :)

    @Josh
    I was just talking about it with people at Twitter and I concluded that I don't know what happens when our 6 digit stat counter hits one million, I hope they won't bring me back to zero :)

    @Dwei
    yep, RAMPAGE seems too silly!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That would be awful! Time to find a new counter, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah, I've tried other counters but they are all bad, only this Bloggers' official counter counts the real visits. I do have a flag counter bellow which also has a stat number in the bottom, but for some reason it doesn't count the visits well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lundy? You're calling me Lundy now? Should I be calling you Duzzy? (giggle)
    erm, soz, I'm in one of those strange moods again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. sorry, dahling, U is right next to I on the keypad :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. are you saying you and I are next to each other? I don't think we could fit on the keypad ;) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  29. he he I actually meant to say Y not I is next to U, Mondays really kill me :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.