Thursday, September 12, 2024

PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER SOMETIMES I LIE FROM ALICE FEENEY TO BE TURNED INTO A TV SERIES, LOVE OF MY AFTERLIFE INTO A MOVIE

   SOMETIMES I LIE   
BESTSELLER TO GET A TV SERIES ADAPTATION
Sometimes I Lie is getting a series treatment
The latest book to small screen adaptation announced is for Alice Feeney's best seller SOMETIMES I LIE which will be produced into series by Tommy Harper and Oscar nominated Matt Charman. The psychological thriller revolves around the character of Amber Reynolds as she wakes up in hospital to discover, she can’t move, speak or open her eyes, but can hear, unbeknownst to those around her. She doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband, who no longer loves her, was somehow involved. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, the thriller slowly pieces together the truth. 

LOVE OF MY AFTERLIFE
Also getting an adaptation but a movie one is Kirsty Greenwood's THE LOVE OF MY AFTERLIFE over at Wayfarer
The book will be turned into a movie
Studios. This romantic comedy bestseller follows Delphie, a recently deceased woman who after dying by choking on a cheeseburger, finds herself in the afterlife staring at the man of her dreams. As luck would have it, her “one true love,” Jonah, is sent back to Earth, but her afterlife therapist, Merritt, offers her the chance to return for 10 days to find her potential soulmate. Jumping at the opportunity, Delphie enlists her neighbor Cooper, a moody writer and ladies’ man, to help. As she races against time, she must confront her fears, listen to her heart, learn to ask for help, mend broken relationships, and perhaps even see the magic in the life she’s leaving behind to discover what true love really means. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Exciting news for book-to-screen adaptations! Alice Feeney's *Sometimes I Lie* sounds like it will make a gripping series with its intense psychological twists and turns, while Kirsty Greenwood's *The Love of My Afterlife* promises to deliver a heartwarming and humorous take on romance in the afterlife. Both adaptations seem like they’ll bring these popular stories to life in engaging new ways.

    I just published a new blog post. Check it out here: (https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/watcher-2022-thriller-movie-review.html). Would love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to share it if you find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially like the title of the second one, very clever.

      Delete
  2. When I was really sick and exploring using THC like many with my illness use, Jason bought me some gummies to try since I don't like smoke. I spent the better part of the day in a paralyzed state with how effing high they made me. I couldn't open my eyes, move, or talk, but my mind was as clear as a whistle. I knew everything going on around me, could hear Jason and the dogs moving about. He would try to engage with me, asking if I was ok. I could answer him in my head, so badly wanting to communicate, but just physically couldn't. I was breathing, so I guess he figured it would wear off eventually. It was such an odd experience and one that made me rethink how those in comas very well could be aware of what's happening around them even if they can't express so. Sometimes I Lie sounds like a fascinating watch for me just on that experience alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that a lovely gummie experience in its essence or a bad one? LOL

      Delete
    2. I didn't particularly enjoy it and won't be repeating it. It wasn't bad in the sense you would think terrifying. I knew in my head I would come to eventually so I wasn't scared or anything, but I have never liked being in an intoxicated state, even with alcohol. The funny thing was, everything really was VERY CLEAR. Like you could have put on a very fast rap song and I would have been able to hear and understand the words as plain as day. The clarity aspect of it was phenomenal, but not at the expense of spending like 4 hours in a paralyzed state. Plus, it was my birthday too, so I missed going out to dinner which pissed me off LOL.

      Delete
    3. But at least you did not feel pain for those four hours.

      Delete
    4. Indeed. That's why so many use it with my condition I think.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I Lie sounds a good one to me. We are watching some films and series from Ricky Gervais. Love the guy..he is a great comedian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, too bad Americans don't like him as a host of award shows because he tells the truth as it is.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.