Saturday, October 10, 2020

TO SLEEP IN A SEA OF STARS SF NOVEL FROM ERAGON'S WRITER TO BECOME A MOVIE! TV SERIES ON ARTEMISIA GENTILESCHI ONE OF BAROQUE'S MOST FAMOUS FEMALE PAINTERS

 TO SLEEP IN A SEA OF STARS
GETS A MOVIE ADAPTATION!
It was released last month, and now a new book which took Christopher Paolini ten years to write after his Eragon saga, TO SLEEP IN A SEA OF STARS, which your trusted spy is currently translating for the readers in his
The book was published last month
country, has sold movie adaptation rights to Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories and Snoot Entertainment! Christopher Paolini’s sci-fi novel from Tor Books, which he will adapt for the movie himself, follows xenobiologist Kira Navárez who always dreamed of life on new worlds. Now she's awakened a nightmare. During a routine survey mission on an uncolonised planet, Kira finds an alien relic. At first she's delighted, but elation turns to terror when the ancient dust around her begins to move. As war erupts among the stars, Kira is launched into a galaxy spanning odyssey of discovery and transformation. First contact isn't at all what she imagined, and events push her to the very limits of what it means to be human. While Kira faces her own horrors, Earth and its colonies stand upon the brink of annihilation. Now, Kira might be humanity's greatest and final hope.

ARTEMISIA GENTILESCHI
TV SERIES ON ONE OF BAROQUE'S GREATEST FEMALE PAINTERS
And here's another new period set series for us:  as Deadline reports Viacom CBS International Studios has announced that they are developing a TV series based on the life of Italian female artist Artemisia Gentileschi, who is considered to be one of the most accomplished painters in the Baroque
One of Artemisia's selfportraits!
period. Pan's Labyrinth producer Frida Torresblanco will develop the project about Gentileschi, who was known for her violent, seductive autobiographical portraits. The series will be based on Mary Garrard’s non-fiction academic text, Artemisia Gentileschi: The Image of the Female Hero in Italian Baroque Art, which includes 400-year old transcripts of the artist’s rape trial from the Florentine archives.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Dez :) Are you getting my comments? I don't see any of the previous ones that I left you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are under moderation and I've been sleeping while you were writing them :) We are about six or seven hours ahead of you here. So if you write this one at 9pm it was dead of the night here :)

      Delete
    2. I got nervous your website thought I was some vicious spammer!! Lol

      Delete
    3. Actually Blogger is not sending your comments to me for moderation for some reason, it happens with you and with Mary Kirkland, with others not, so I have to check message box here at Blogger for them, sadly. Hope it is not a permanent thing, but I think it is :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I think my publisher will probably use the same cover for our edition.

      Delete
  3. It really is a pretty cover. As for the comments, I think Facebook is f'ing with your Hollywood Spy page too. I know I have it checked as follow and show first on my timeline, but for the past month I might see your posts several days after you've posted them. Sometimes they don't even show up in my timeline and I have to go direct to your facebook page to make sure I've seen and liked them all. I'm about over this blogger and facebook nonsense lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook has always done that, they want us to pay for promotion. It is nasty that even if you've clicked the show first option they no longer respect it :( I've also noticed that they keep rotating about twenty pages in my timeline and not more even though I liked hundreds of them. This just makes Facebook monotonous, I wish they would stop choosing the feed for us, but they never will. I hear Twitter will start with political censorship... mostly, of course, against Trump... who are they to say what it true or not???

      Delete
  4. Yes, I've almost all but given up on trying to promote on Facebook and Twitter. I ain't paying for shit. They should show our stuff to the people who like the page! I tried it once with $5 just to see if they would send it to more people and got a big fat 0 more hits. Ripoff central! As a user, it ticks me off when they don't show me the pages I like either. I have to hunt down my local grocery store's posts every week even though I interact with it weekly. Sometimes something will pop up and I'll be like "oh, I forgot I liked that page!" because it's been so long since it showed in my feed. It's beyond ridiculous! Instagram is starting that crap too now. Like, I see the same 20 people, and they'll even rehash some of their pics instead of sending me new photos from other people I follow. In other news, I am up to over a 1.4 million monthly viewers on Pinterest, so they are the only platform that's keeping me going right now. I hope they don't go the way of the other social media platforms, but if they get greedy, I'm sure it will eventually go downhill too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that their new paradigm shows our posts only to people who are online at that moment not later on as was previous the case.
      Can your earn monies through Pinterest?

      Delete
  5. Hey,
    I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.