Wednesday, October 7, 2020

RYAN REYNOLDS IS SAVING THE WORLD IN THE FREE GUY ACTION PACKED TRAILER! AMAZON TO ADAPT MY LADY JANE AS HISTORICAL FANTASY ADVENTURE!

 'MY LADY JANE' FANTASY
 ADAPTATION AT AMAZON
The book was a 2016 hit!
While most films are getting their premiere dates postponed for a year or more this very moment (from new James Bond, Batman, Flash and Dune toMatrix 4, and Wonder woman 2 might too) some new projects are getting orders! Over at Amazon they've set Gemma Burgess, the author of Brooklyn Girls book, to turn 2016 novel MY LADY JANE, from Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows, into a historical fantasy adventure drama. It is a comic supernatural tale of true love and high adventure, set in an alternate England in 1553, a country on the verge of civil war. The series takes the tale of one of history’s most tragic heroines Lady Jane Grey but reimagines it with an uplifting twist: the damsel in distress saves herself — and then the kingdom.

'FREE GUY' NEW TRAILER
WITH RYAN REYNOLDS AS THE HERO THE WORLD NEEDS
Free Guy arrives Dec. 11th if corona allows
The proof that some films will keep their 2020 opening dates is comedy movie FREE GUY with Ryan Reynolds which is hitting cinemas December 11th and you can check out a brand new trailer and poster for it today! Because, as the trailer says: The world needed a good guy. They got a great guy. FREE GUY sees Ryan Reynolds playing  a bank teller who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game, and he decides to become the hero of his own story, determined to save his world before it is too late. Also starring Jodie Comer, the film was directed by Shawn Levy for 20th Century Fox. The film was originally meant for summer 2020. 

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've always loved stories about her and the old film with Helena Bonham Carter!

      Delete
  2. Im going to have to ready My Lady Jane! It sounds like a different read, but something I need to look into after reading a bunch of crime thrillers! Ryan Reynold’s movies usually annoy me. They’re usually filled with obnoxious remarks that are meant to be humorous but feel forced and unnecessary.. like he’s trying too hard to be the class clown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Jane did have an interesting story, I love the film with Helena Bonham Carter and Cary Elwes about her.

      Delete
  3. I just went and added My Lady Jane to my online library wish list. I don't know how I missed that title before, but it sounds funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard about it before either! And back at that time I was the leading YA book translator in the country LOL

      Delete
  4. I feel like I get most of my reading material from you these days. I do subscribe to Goodreads newsletter, which I browse monthly for the hottest titles, but I am terribly out of the loop these last few years! How's your latest book translation going? Have you gotten far into it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get Goodreads letter too as I'm an author there, but it is mostly boring stuff these days. The translation is quite difficult because he is a bad writer and has tons of abstract words which are difficult to translate, plus the lead heroine is a bitch so it is difficult to feel for her and follow her story with any interest. Hope she dies in the end. I'm on page 250 out of 890 in total LOL I need to speed it up as my deadline is December, but I never seem to get over ten pages a day. I constantly need to use knowledge of physics, astrophysics, gravitation, spacetravel, weaponry etc and it is exhausting as I'm an artist not a scientist.

      Delete
    2. Yikes! Sounds like you really have your work cut out for you with this one. Fingers crossed you get it done in time. December is going to be here faster than you know it!

      Delete
    3. I will probably lose health till then, this little left that I have and I cannot believe it is already the end of the year, not that anyone will ever like this one.

      Delete
  5. Who cares if they like it as long as you're still getting paid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always like it in my case, deary :)

      Delete
    2. Theresa, have you read The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah?? Such a good book! I sort of wish I haven’t read it yet just so I could read it again. I just finished The Poet by Michael Connelly. It was ok, but I won’t be reading the rest of the series.

      Delete
    3. Nightingale is getting a movie.

      Delete
  6. I have it on my library list to read because it has been recommended to me by several people now. I'll probably read that one next month when I have a bit more free time.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.