Tuesday, December 3, 2019

BBC RELEASES FIRST PHOTOS FROM VIKRAM SETH'S TV ADAPTATION A SUITABLE BOY PERIOD SET SAGA WITH AN ALL INDIAN CAST!

      'A SUITABLE BOY'
 BBC RELEASES FIRST PHOTOS
While their latest drama World of the Worlds, which just ended last night, has been proclaimed ghastly boring by the UK audience, BBC has revealed today first photos from their new all Indian series A SUITABLE
Maan (Ishaan Khatter) and Saeeda Bai (Tabu)
BOY an adaptation of Vikram Seth's novel. The six part series tells the story of spirited university student Lata (Tanya Maniktala); coming of age in North India in 1951 at the same time as the country is carving out its own
Lata (Tanya Maniktala) and Mrs Rupa Mehra (Mahira Kakkar)
identity as an independent nation and is about to go to the polls for its first democratic general election. It is a vast, panoramic tale charting the fortunes of four large families and exploring India and its rich and varied culture at a crucial point in its history.

8 comments:

  1. I need to get me a home big enough to have a lounge swing in it. I'm sure the set will be lovely. I am always fascinated by the colors and textures in India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or to have a house large enough to have Indian wing in it :) with ornamental archways and inner yards with fountains.

      Delete
  2. I like the tenderness displayed in the first picture.
    It seems the background of India as an independent nation is highly important in this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such complicated history, it is a vast mystery to me. And so much violence too, but it is no wonder given they have Muslims within their country.

      Delete
  3. This one sounds very interesting. I never really thought much of India as a place to travel. A coworker of mine is from Russia and visits Indian often as she has friends there. She tells me it’s a beautiful place, but would be culture shock to someone like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd never visit, unless you take me to a posh tea plantation with good air conditioning. I hate their food, personally.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.