Sunday, December 1, 2019

FIRST LOOK ON BARKSKINS 17TH CENTURY NEW FRANCE SET EPIC TV SERIES WITH DAVID THEWLIS, CHRISTIAN COOKE, ANEURIN BARNARD, MARCIA GAY HARDEN

  'BARKSKINS' EPIC TV SERIES
FIRST BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK
The only thing I have for you today is the clip which offers the first look at Nat Geo's new historical series BARKSKINS. It is a behind the scenes look of the small screen adaptation of Annie Proulx's historical novel. With
David Thewlis leads the cast of the 11 part historical series
the cast including David Thewlis, Christian Cooke, Aneurin Barnard and Marcia Gay Harden, the series follows a disparate group of outcasts navigating the brutal hardships, competing interests, and tangled loyalties at the crossroads of civilization in 1600s New France, where the war to escape
Aneurin Barnard will wear extravagant costumes in the new saga
their past and remake themselves is cast against the vast and unforgiving wilds of North America. Stay tuned for more pics and a possible trailer this winter and don't forge to tune in tomorrow for an especially lavish spotlight on an upcoming epic series!

14 comments:

  1. Bark is the skin of the trees, and it has some good usages in medicine (pine bark i.e. has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects).
    I see that in this series 'barkskins' is the name given to people, to the outcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw in the towel reading this book. I only got about 1/3 of the way through. Too many characters, too vast an historical sweep for me. But I did finish the opening part about the settlers in New France. I'm looking forward to the mini-series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes writers really do go too far with the number of characters. The saga I'm currently translating for the readers in my country has more than 2000 pages with up to seven protagonists who all bring at least 10-15 other characters each with them and most of them have similar names. I don't remember any of them even though I've been working on it for six months now.

      Delete
  3. The actor in the second picture looks like a young Johnny Depp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe just on that photo, otherwise he is not as dirty and ugly as Depp.

      Delete
    2. I was never a fan of Depp either, but my mom thinks he's everything!! She's all about Johnny Depp and Mel Gibson. Clearly, I got better taste. :)

      Delete
    3. And she has the decency to tell you that you love criminals? Both Depp and Gibson are registered molesters and primitives :)

      Delete
    4. I didn’t know this!!! I’d rather like psychopaths than molesters...

      Delete
    5. They both bet their wives, sadly.

      Delete
    6. Dezmond... just wondering if you feel any differently than your comment concerning Johnny Depp now that the truth has come out?

      Delete
    7. Which truth? Didn't she give the court tapes and photos of him molesting and beating her?

      Delete
  4. I did not read the book, but if there are too many characters and it's too hard to follow along, I probably would give up on this mini-series too. My attention span is too short to follow more than a handful of characters at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the reasons I hated GOT so much, too many characters brought with no introduction in the form of a lot of very bad actors.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.